FIFA 15 (Ultimate Team discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Stogey23, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    #1 Stogey23, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    Starting the thread now, I will update it soon with the estimated FIFA 15 timeline for US Users.

Here is the thread on FIFA 14 with loads of information on the game, with a huge focus on Ultimate Team and specifically trading and building teams:
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/fifa-14-in-your-dreams.1985943/

In that thread, I showed plenty of tricks and tips that I have picked up over the past several years, and almost everyone that used these saw their transfer income boosted to millions. This year, I hope to update this post with everything we "learn" throughout the season as a quick reference. XBOX or PS4, all are welcome.

Updated 9/3/2014 With Tips:
    From @Chance - If you're going to spend real money on FIFA points, it's best to do it right away. That is usually a good way to get a solid amount of coins to start off with, which makes trading significantly easier.

2. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excited for the web app to release. I used FUT14 as a learning experience. I'm going to take this year seriously and stop wasting coins on packs and what not.

Any trading tips would be appreciated.

3. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're going to spend real money on FIFA points, it's best to do it right away. That is usually a good way to get a solid amount of coins to start off with, which makes trading significantly easier.

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    This is great advice. Think of it as getting in on a company where there are less shares available and before they split. Your coins are worth more, so therefore buying packs is worth more (with real money). The more coins you get at the beginning, and avoid spending on packs, the more coins you are going to make trading.

5. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gotta pay for the game and a new XBL membership. Probably won't buy any points for a while.

I've learned some stuff about trading. Like card prices dropping during specific times and stuff like that. I just need tips on when/what players to invest in and then when to sell. Or other methods like that.

6. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Thinking about getting the Ultimate Edition, you get 40 bonus packs instead of 15 at Gamestop for $10 more. Are all the deals the same?

This is important, I keep thinking I should make a simple calendar to track these events. There are the big ones, like TOTY, TOTS, etc. But then there is also the St Patricks Day Tournament, when all Irish players explode in value.

My #1 go to method, for the first 4-6 months, was to buy Silver or Bronze cards for investing. I approached this in different ways for FIFA 14:
    • Pre-launch, by looking at available players on futhead, I decided I was going to make a La Liga Silver team as my first team. I became more and more acclimated with La Liga silvers, and was able to quickly spot deals that I could quickly flip for higher prices. In short time, I had two full La Liga Silver squads, and a full transfer list of silver players from La Liga.
    • Also during this time, I was using my knowledge as an MLS fan to learn the MLS silver and bronze market. I found that I could find deals on the top players in each position, and flip them. I soon had an MLS bronze team that was amazing, and tons of MLS bronzes and silvers on the TL. Think Besler, Yedlin, Wynne, NGuyen, etc.
    • At some point, I began getting sick of trading just these, and I developed my best method to date. I started noticing that pacy Hunters, and pacy Shadows could often be found for the same price as the same card with a less desirable chemistry card. It was something I did in FIFA 13, finding players with "built in" value (often was formation or position changes then), which makes them more desirable than the base version.
    • This silver chem card method was also very easy to search for. I simply searched for silver players with shadow cards or hunter cards, under 2K BIN. I would snap up pacy cards, and re-list for 20-50% markup. Sometimes even more. Then, once I found no more suitable candidates, I would search for < 2K on open bidding. I was getting even better deals this way, but it is more time consuming. Ideally you get to a point where your Transfer List is maxed out and you have bids on a dozen players. Then you just keep re-listing every hour. Re-listing hourly is honestly one of the biggest tips there is. So many of your sales will be in the first or last 10 minutes of listing. Your job is to keep that going.

usry723 repped this.
  7. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pre-ordered the Ultimate Team edition. I think they're all the same except for maybe different celebrations or something like that.

8. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    usry723 repped this.
  9. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So ready for the web app to drop. I think I'm going to go and try to snatch up all the silver Americans I can before their prices go crazy. Yedlin is the first card I'm after. I feel like he'll be hugely expensive. If Zardes is a rare silver like I think he'll be, he'll be next.

11. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Web App coming on Wednesday.

[​IMG]

I really want to start off trading well. What's everyone's strategy going to be going in? @Stogey23

12. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Good recap. I actually had problems scoring goals. The goalies were like cats on any close goals.

As far as the "running" part, the demo is by default on Semi-Pro. Once I upped it to professional, it wasn't as easy to run by people.

13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
  14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am starting to have 2nd thoughts about the ps4. I want a xbox 1.

15. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Why?

16. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I hate the controller for the ps4. Also my friends except one have the xbox one so I am constantly playing the xbox one at their houses. Only reason I preordered for ps4 was because of one ps4 exclusive game coming out march 31st.

Stogey23 repped this.
  17. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, Legends.

18. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That actually makes a difference for me to be honest. Now that the turkish league was added in, I can now make a very good Czech team so I need Nedved to finish that!

19. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    You should try playing with the All Legends Team (with TOTS Baines at LB) that I have now. :)

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I wish I had that luxury! I spent all my coins on the All Star release and their values have depreciated 10 fold.

21. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope to save up enough this year to be able to try out more legends.

The only two I got to try out were Zola and Inzaghi when I built a Italian side. I'd love to try out Nedved and the like.

22. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    [​IMG]

There's the Legends team I mentioned earlier. Futre is amazing! He is in my top three LWs in the game. If you remove all the headers Ronaldo gets, Futre was the more productive player for me. Same with Weah, and once I got the hang of Pires he was great too. This team played so much better than the France team I recently posted.

I swear I'm going to be more greedy for 15, I was bummed that this 10 million coin team wasn't a 20 or 30 mil coin team because I would love to have Weah and Romario up top together, along with a better goalie and CDs.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just need Roberto Carlos at LB for 15. ;)

Stogey23 repped this.
  24. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predict he'll be the most expensive card on the market.

25. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA