FIFA 15 (General discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Goodsport, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Went and pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition at Gamestop so I can play on release day. 76.11 out the door.

THEN I saw a tweet saying pre-orders were available through EA Access for 10% off. Cancelled my Gamestop pre-order, and bought it on the XBOX. It was 62.99 total, I already downloaded it, and it will be available at midnight on release day - sweet!

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If any of you want a good laugh, go on the fifa 15 demo and set sprint, acceleration, passing accuracy, shot accuracy, and shot power to 100. Hell just set everything to 100 except of the goal keeping AI. Put that to 0. You will laugh your freaking ass off I swear. Most fun my friend and I have had playing fifa in years.

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orlando City SC apparently coming into the game with a future update. Hopefully New York City FC won't be far behind. :cool:

512698821134934016 is not a valid tweet id

-G

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dude, If you play a demo for 4-5 hours the games good... Demo's really aren't made to play over 30 minutes regardless.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyone know when the mobile app will get updated?

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In stores today. :cool:

-G

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    EA ditched the Football Club mobile app? :rolleyes:

9. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seasons is my favorite game mode. Just picked it up and won a couple games - one with Leverkusen and another with the Galaxy. The ball control seems a bit more realistic and it's a lot more difficult to get the ball off skilled dribblers. Pressure has to come from the midfield or else the defense is compromised much more than in FIFA 14. Strength doesn't seem to have as much of an impact this year unfortunately. Headers are nowhere near as overpowered as last year. I love the new tactics you can use on corner kicks.

Some notable changes in US player ratings:
    Bradley dropped from an 80 to a 78 :mad:
    Lee Nguyen - 75
    Nick Rimando - 76
    Bill Hamid - 70
    Gyasi Zardes - 71

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently so. The only official FIFA 15 app right now is for Ultimate Team. :(

Also, there's no Brazilian league in this year's game. :(

On the other hand, TOURNAMENT MODE IS BACK (FOR BOTH ONLINE AND ESPECIALLY OFFLINE) FOR BOTH PLAYSTATION 4 AND XBOX ONE!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!! [​IMG]

MLS season, here I come! :thumbsup:

-G

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Companion app (formerly known as EASFC) has released (at least on iOS). It looks miles better than last year's.

Goodsport and usry723 repped this.
  12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's now available on Android as well.

If you still have last year's EASFC app on your phone and/or tablet, then it'll simply update to this year's Companion app.

-G

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Servers down?

14. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're not down per se , but you basically disconnect at the end of the game if you're playing online. I just got my first loss because I disconnected after beating a guy 5-1 in seasons. :mad:

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've already played almost as much FIFA 15 in the last few days as I had FIFA 14 in the past year (though both are really good games in and of themselves). :thumbsup:

-G

16. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, don't forget to occasionally update the game's rosters by choosing:

Customise ---> Edit Teams ---> Download Updates ---> Yes

-G

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i got the xbox 360 version and i feel like i'm playing nfl blitz lol. Defense is much harder and long shots are extremely easy. Games still awesome though.

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first post-launch title update is now available for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game.

-G

19. CorbinSC

CorbinSC Member

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, now that the game has been out for a while, how do y'all like it? I have 14 but am probably going to upgrade this week. Played the demo, and it took me a while to get used to the new screen presentations but I really liked the gameplay. 14 was my favorite FIFA ever (played 02, 07, 11 and 12) but for some reason I played multiple seasons and never got a job offer. That bugged me, although being able to apply for jobs midseason and manage a national team was amazing.

20. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I haven't done this yet. Anyone else tried it?

21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It's so much better than 14 but it's essentially just 13 with better graphics.

22. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since different posters here have different favorite modes in the game, you'll likely get several different answers to that. As for me (as I posted here earlier), I've always mainly played Tournament Mode, so my answer would actually involve flipping your question around: the exclusion of Tournament Mode from the PS4 (as well as the Xbox One) version of FIFA 14 basically made it a wasted purchase for me even though it's an otherwise good game. :(

Conversely, Tournament Mode has been returned to FIFA 15 for all platforms and I'm absolutely having a blast playing it again (and yes, the gameplay, presentation, etc. remains really good), so this year's game has been worth every penny for me thus far. :thumbsup:

-G

23. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I enjoy Career Mode a lot. It seems more realistic with prices and if you play well with any player, their potential is not capped. I have a player who was only supposed to reach 80 and he is at 82 right now. I kept trying to play career mode like I do Ultimate team and I couldn't score. It wasn't until I started passing more when I scored. It's a nice break from online play.

24. CorbinSC

CorbinSC Member

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, sounds good. Career mode as a coach has always been my favorite mode, but I'm glad that tournament mode is back. I don't know why they left that out.

Dumb question, but I'm assuming they still let you manage a national team on the side in career mode and play in the "World Cup"?

25. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yes you can still manage a national team, but I haven't done it in career mode because it's 4 years from the next world cup and it seems like a waste.