FIFA 15 (General discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Goodsport, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The demo's official release date has just been confirmed to be Tuesday, September 9th, with the full game set to hit stores on Tuesday, September 23rd (at least in North America).

The demo teams have also been confirmed:

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The biggest reason for me to look forward to FIFA 15 (aside from finally having the updated 2014 San Jose Earthquakes logo and uniforms available ;), something that I've already given up expecting for FIFA 14 even to this day) is the return of Tournament Mode to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game. :thumbsup:

It's this game's mode that I've always played the most of and one that was inexplicably left off the PS4 and Xbox One versions of FIFA 14 despite having been included with the other versions of the same game.

-G

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Demo out tomorrow. I still have my 360 so the demo is probably going to be awful for me.

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This'll be my first FIFA demo on the PS4, since the system was only released last November and thus no PS4 FIFA demo was available around this time last year (the same was true for the Xbox One).

On FIFA I generally only ever play as the San Jose Earthquakes and the U.S. National Team (thank goodness for the return of Tournament Mode), so I'm not sure which of the demo teams I should be playing as for the next two weeks. :confused:

-G

5. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    360 demo is out now.

6. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just finished playing a few games on the 360 demo. Gameplay feels a lot smoother. Graphics are improved, especially player models. It's not next gen but it's definitely an improvement.

7. ZooCougar

ZooCougar Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Time to upgrade to a PS4 I think.

8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Demo ain't out for us ps4 users

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Either later today or tomorrow.

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I played it on my friends xbox one and I just have to say, keepers are just absolutely stupid. They either make ridiculous saves, or let in the softest goals. I took a shot from 35-40 out and it went in. The keeper just stood there while the ball went right past him. No attempt to even make the simple save.

The fifa 14 demo was close to the final product. I just hope the fifa 15 demo is not...

11. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've already said Keepers will be improved drastically.

12. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good to hear

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I played the fifa 15 demo for a long time today on my friend's xbox one. We played at least for 4-5 hours and I was testing a lot of different stuff. Basically in all those matches, I found a lot of positives and some negatives.

So what's good? I really liked the passing. It was very precise. Also the dribbling was vastly improved. The ball stuck to my foot with good dribblers. Over the top through balls are still there, but not as effective although they can still be used with good timing which is realistic at least. Pace is still there to be exploited but it's much harder so it requires skill. Shooting around the box is more difficult as well which I liked. Now it's not a guaranteed goal if you shot from the 18-22 yard lines.

So what's bad? Goalkeepers. As mentioned though, keepers are supposedly getting fixed. Literally every single game, there was a terrible goal keeping error involving an easy shot that should be saved 99 times out of 100. I honestly wanted to start recording all the errors because they were just so frequent. Finesse shots from distances are still op with the right players. Lavezzi, Mertens, Silva, Nasri, Reus, and Hazard were players that I was pretty consistent with scoring finesse shots. There is a 5-10 yard sweet spot where you cut into the middle of the field and finesse and you are guaranteed a goal or corner. Finally the most game braking mechanic I found was running. Yes just running. Get the ball and just run basically straight. Seriously try it. If you player has 80+ pace or decent strength, you can probably run the ball across the whole field and have a shot. My friend kept doing it from kick off. He literally just ran the ball towards the corner flag and I could not stop him at all. I tried this with Reus and Aubamuyang, and it was pretty much a guaranteed breakaway from wherever I started.

Overall though, the game is good. Much better than 14.

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Did the PS4 demo come out yet? I tried looking for it last night and saw it wasn't out. I looked at Twittee today and I'm hearing some people say it's out and other not (in the US).

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, I saw that afterwards. Did you download it yourself? I heard it doesn't show up in the demo section and you have to search for it.

19. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. :thumbsup:

Yeah, even now for some reason it doesn't appear on the first page of the demo section (when you go to Games --> New --> Demos), but if you then click on "New Demos, see more >", you'll see it on that page.

Otherwise, you can also manually search "FIFA 15" and click on the "FIFA 15" selection to find it there (though for some reason it's not yet listed under the "FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition" selection).

I hope that helped. :)

-G

Mengão86 repped this.
  20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyone else who has the demo for PS4 notice that the resolution is off?

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering if that was the case or if there was simply something off with either my PS4 or my TV.

It also seems that the players in last year's game looked a bit more realistic, though I can't quite put my finger on exactly why (disproportionately broader shoulders this year, perhaps?).

-G

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyone know the full extent of the Voice Recognition capability? Is it just for Menu navigation?

23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Does anyone know if in career mode you need to scout a player to figure out his rating like in FIFA 14 or have they gone back to just giving you the player's rating?

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I really hope they scrapped that. A lot of people did not like that. I just stopped scouting and looked up career mode stats on Futwiz because they showed potential growth.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  25. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One week to go for the full retail version. :)

-G