FIFA 14... In Your Dreams!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Seraphim Renegade, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Seraphim Renegade

Jun 16, 2010
    Rose City Till I Die
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an avid MLS follower and FIFA video game enthusiast, I found and enjoyed THIS article today. I liked how they pointed out the parts of FIFA14 they liked and also included what they were hoping would be included, but thought it would be interesting to hear others' thoughts on what they'd like to see included in FIFA 14. If you could have the EA staff include ANYTHING soccer related in FIFA 14, what would it be? Your club's stadium? Custom kits? Custom celebrations? Dream it, you dreamers! Let's hear it!

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Only thing I want changed is the fact that people can exit out of online games in the first 5 minutes. I know it is allowed due to lag but it should only be allowed if the score is 0-0. There have been hundreds of games I have scored within the first 5 minutes and people just exit like cowards.

3. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spectator mode: I want to be able to tune in online and watch my friends play.

Co-op or competitive online career mode: Last years Madden had competitive career mode while NHL had competitive & co-op career and it was just silly that FIFA had neither.

ttrevett and soccersubjectively repped this.
  4. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F'ing handballs. Until FIFA can get that fundamental tidbit of the game working, I'll never believe that all these far more difficult ( A. I., Tactical Defending, Ball Physics, Impact Engine, et al ) but supremely named elements truly work.

ttrevett repped this.
  5. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0:55 in video, "No Filming of TVs" sign behind him. Ha.

6. Tim11

Tim11 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More stadiums

Seraphim Renegade repped this.
  7. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    NASL, USL-Pro, Confacaf Champions League, Optional Pro/Rel, US Open Cup with NASL and USL-Pro teams, Creation Centre Expansion teams of non filled leagues, Creation Centre Stadium builder. All National teams. Did I forget anything.

8. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man oh man

9. CookmySock

CookmySock Red Card

Feb 15, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yea all of this will be in FIFA 20 something.

soccersubjectively and eclipse02 repped this.
  10. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Use Kinect to make custom celebrations.
    Forza paint booth style uniform customization.
    Creation Centre that isn't a terrible interface (some way of building your team and player offline and uploading to Creation Centre.)
    Hard tackle function that, if used wrong, gets straight red, but if timed right can knock a Ronaldo, Messi, etc off their game (sort of mind games type playing)
    More variable form settings. Your players can slump for no apparent reason (Torres to Chelsea style slump). Identify systems where players just don't work and make the performance reflect that. Make it harder than buying a bunch of 88+ rated players to build a dream team.
    Youth system development or development loans.

11. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe that I haven't noticed until now, and perhaps I'm last at noticing, but Kick Saves.

I really only play Career Mode often enough to know, but there are no kick saves in Fifa 13. So, for me, if EA can figure out and successfully implement "tactical defending", "360 degree dribbling", and "ball physics" :cool: (they can't, but the naming and cool videos sure do sell it), then shouldn't they be able to get handballs and kick saves in there? Shouldn't they strive to get the fundamentals right prior to trying to sell me on these other ideas?

12. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barf
    [​IMG]
    Last year, EA flipped off the entire North America gaming region by only putting Messi on the cover (It was the first time since FIFA 2004 that a player from NA (Mexico &/or the US) wasn't featured on the cover.)
    This year, EA flips off the US by only putting Chicarone on the cover. First time since FIFA 2005 that only a Mexican NT player is featured on the NA cover. When will Dempsey, Howard or the best player in CONCACAF, Bradley, be featured on the cover? At least we'll be able to print out a custom cover featuring a Union player.
    Random note, US players featured on the cover: Landycakes (2007, 2011, 2012), Freddy Adu (2006), Jozy (2008), Maurice Edu (2009), Sacha Kljestan (2010).

13. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Central America and South America cover.
    [​IMG]

UK Cover
    [​IMG]

And Club Covers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another South American league or two and some South American teams under Rest of the World. From there, make a Libertadores tournament.

Denis Horan repped this.
  15. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    It would be great if they integrated FIFA manager with FIFA 14, that way I could actually play a career mode worth playing again. Plus it has libertadores and relegation on the Brazilian league!

16. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    It would be great if they integrated FIFA manager with FIFA 14, that way I could actually play a career mode worth playing again. Plus it has libertadores and relegation on the Brazilian league!

Denis Horan repped this.
  17. Seraphim Renegade

Jun 16, 2010
    Rose City Till I Die
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would it mean if Mexico gets eliminated from both the Gold Cup finals and the Hex quals for WC2014?

18. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Mexico sucks? :cool:
    I honestly have no idea. I guess EA believes a large percentage of the North American sales comes from Mexico National Team fans, not US or Canada fans.
    Anyways, here's a video showcasing the new Ultimate Team features for FIFA.

19. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    It would mean nothing really.
    As Union Freak mentioned EA will still cater to that market due to money.

20. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Looks like the Colombian League and the Chilean League have been added to FIFA 2014!

I can't wait to play with those teams online!

21. Seraphim Renegade

Jun 16, 2010
    Rose City Till I Die
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For future games in the FIFA series, I'd like for them to include a stadium builder in the creation centre. Where you can choose things like the landscape background (mountains, city, river-front, various combinations of those, etc.), the style of seating (grandstand, coliseum, etc.), the style of roof (open/none, dome with or without full enclosure, overhang, etc.), level of the pitch in relation to the seating (higher/lower, farther/closer), the style of the way the grass is cut, and more. It would even be cool to have a custom seat function that allows you to change the color of your seats individually (if preferred) so you can make words (like Camp Nou's "Més que un club" & "FC Barcelona") or pictures (like Red Bull Arena's Red Bull logo) out of the seating. Even a practice play feature where you can run a practice exhibition against the team of your choice in an empty stadium of your choice, including the one you built. Finally, it would be nice to have a share feature where players can share, view, download & use various created stadiums in the game, similar to maps in Halo:Reach and the Forge World.

They could also have unlockable options where you have to complete certain challenges by winning specified leagues with specified teams on a specified difficulties, playing x number of games overall, winning x number of games at home with specified clubs, etc. in order to unlock and use certain stadium options in the building process.

22. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would take more work than simply recycling the previous game with features they had 2 versions ago.

23. Seraphim Renegade

Jun 16, 2010
    Rose City Till I Die
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sad thing is, even with my limited knowledge of Maya (Autodesk), I could probably do it within a year!

24. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the custom ability of Forza. It would be so easy to allow you to make truly custom kits, for example. You could change to something you like or your favorite all time kit (or even the upcoming kits). There are loads of possibilities if you combined creation centre onto the console (especially now that you pretty much have to keep all consoles connected to the web). Being able to upload your own sponsor logos was a home run, IMO, in the previous creation centre. They need to keep building on things like that.

25. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States