FIFA 08!! (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Goodsport, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Continued from here.

2. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    That is why I say most of the time the are blocked/caught. Yeah you can hit a bomb once every 8 goals. I shoot and score from there often as well. The hardest part is getting the shot on goal and that is about 90% timing and 10% position of the defender. The goalkeepers are good in this game, but they can be caught out of postion for the long rebound. Which brings me to my next point about shooting outside the 18 rarely do you get the bomb from outside. You know where you are just running down the feild and take a rip at it. Most of the long goals come from the rebound where the keeper is out of postion.

3. soccerfreak9210

Mar 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats true, but it is annoying that in real games every weekend you see so many goals from 25 yards out, but its basically random in the game if it goes in or not...i dont no how to explain it, but something should be changed for next year...i no theyre using so many factors to judge how well the ball is hit, but something more should be done imo

4. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I must say that if the defence heads a corner away and it goes to a player of mine outside the box (usually playing as Liverpool Xabi or Gerrard), ive scored more than 50% from these situations...which would prob be down to the goaly not being in his perfect position

5. Canadian Azzurri

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone else find that goalies on semi-pro (as in goalkeeper difficulty set to semi-pro) are INCREDIBLY hard to score on? I play on world class difficulty for normal gameplay, but I tried upping the goalie difficulty...every goalie is like Buffon, I swear.

6. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I usually play on Pro gameplay and Pro GK and that works for me...there is a good balance and im not dominating games at all...probably 4 goals is the most ive scored and that was in the fa cup using Liverpool against a 2 star team

7. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where is the option to set the GK difficulty level??? I didn't know there was a separate difficulty level you can set for GKs.

8. nutunited

nutunited New Member

Dec 20, 2006
    You can't change the keeper difficulty level on Next Gen (PS3 and 360) consoles.

9. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ...and on PS2

10. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's right under "Difficulty". Second thing on settings I believe

11. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have strategies for defending crosses, corners, set pieces? Often times one of my midfielders or an attackers seems to be defending the guy that the cross is going to and the game doesn't allow me to swtich and position the player to defend the the cross. The result is generally the attackiing player always get to the header while my player completely misses the ball (or watches).

Also, is it just me or does the game only allow you to switch to players who are assiged to that particular zone of the field. For example, there is a 50/50 ball in the attacking third of the field, but I am unable to switch to the midfielder closest to the ball because he is not in the middle third of the field. Once the opposing player touches the ball, then I can switch.

Are these dumba$$ EA quirks that just has to be dealt with? Or is it my dumb a$$?

I'm playing on the Xbox 360 by the way. Thanks

12. Realnomis7

Realnomis7 Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Venezuela-now FL
    i just got fifa today for 360, played two online games so far and won, if any1 wants to play me send me an invite or add me gamertag is nomis7

13. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I don't know about the 360 but on the PS3 the right stick is a manual player change on defence. Push the stick in the direction to the player you want to have relative to the current player you got.

Defending corners and crosses are tough, it is all about postioning and jostling the shooter. You may not get the the ball in time to win the header, but you can push the player off balance to screw up his shot.

14. Beto

Beto New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    NOLA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    anyone have a patch to add to san jose to the pc game yet?

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have one little quirk about my FIFA 08 for the Xbox 360.

I have played games from the EPL to Serie A to International Play to even English League 2, and no matter what difficulty the other team is, and no matter how terrible their players are, if I give up a free kick just outside the box they ALWAYS score directly from it, or at least hit the post or something.

Anyone else notice this?

16. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have the 360, but where is that option? Does it apply for manager mode? thx.

17. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Strange. What I have noticed, and I don't know if this applies to every team in the game because I'm just using Napoli, but the ref ALWAYS calls me for fouls towards the end of the halves when the opponent is close to the box by the lightest of touches. And on the other end I'm getting knocked down and no calls...

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah that happens to me too. But now I avoid contact all together because I know the other team will score from the free kick! :D

19. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I got called for a PK when I didn't even touch the attacking player. He didn't even fall down.

20. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well guys im a die hard PES/WE fan, and i have to say this new FIFA aint that bad. But it still isnt no PES/WE. I still feel they over do it, complications wise when it comes to buttons and stuff to push to get moves going, it feels unatural and un real. Althoguh i have to admit that the game play is alot better than before, and feels more realistic, but still doesnt beat WE in simple Arcade' style fun. I cant wait til PES 2008 comes out!

21. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else notice that as you move up in difficulty (Semi Pro > Pro) that the difficulty of the opposing team doesn't necessarily get better, but that the player's team just does more stupid shite. For instance, on lesser levels when I push the left stick toward one of my players and push A to pass to him on Semi Pro and Amateur would always pass to that player.

Now, on Pro, I have to contend with passes in the complete opposite direction from what I chose for some reason. Just seems like EA puts in petty ass quirks to make game play more difficult, when all they really needed to do was make the AI for the opposing teams better (ie make fewer mistakes passing the ball, foul less....)

One of my few gripes about this game.

22. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    yeah that does suck. The problem with the passes going to other players is that you have to be more specific as to how long you hold down the pass button. tapping pass will usually just pass it to the closest player not necessarily the player you are pointing to. Just one of the quirks of the game. As the difficulty goes up you have to be more accurate with your button tapping.

23. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Same here, was it against an elite team?

24. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I believe it was Salt Lake.

25. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol. I think it happened to me against a German team in the UEFA Cup. One thing I don't really like about the game is the unrealistic transfers in the future of other teams, for instance Juve sold Buffon to Bologna at age 33. No way that really happens. And it seems that other teams don't build year after year like you do, you know?