FIFA 08 - Anyone play?

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Oct 11, 2007.

1. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    12 days to go until pro evo 2008 comes out,ps3 1080p hd :D

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone know if PS3 uses regions? Can I buy Pro Evo from England and play it here?

3. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mehehehe, I enjoy schooling Barca homo's now on Online mode. Malouda is amazing in this game, I've lost count of how many times I've beaten the other team's RB and sent in a cross for drogba to finish.

Oh and I had my first huge comeback win against a barca-user the other day. Haha. 3-0 down (two of them flukes from 45-ish yards with Eto'o...) I came back in the second half and ended up winning on Penalties. Exciting stuff.

4. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    yup the games are region free but if you read the online faq you wont be able to download updates etc.

5. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    ^^^ You can just get them off of the internet.

6. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    while that is true if you check this page via your ps3 it would suggest that online play in your region might not be available on an imported disc.

game faq

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Why the hell do we have to wait until spring (when the game is outdated) when the rest of the world gets it now...oh that's right, MLS starts then. Ugh.

Anyone else play NHL 08 on PS3 online? It's an incredible game. The Minnesota Wild are awesome.

8. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Well I got 08 on the PS2 a few days ago. I really, really enjoy it. I dont yet have a 360 or a PS3. I read reviews where people were putting it down, but to be blunt, this is the best FIFA game I have ever played. Its the last hurrah on the PS2 and its a damn good hurrah.

07 was fun but it was so damn easy. 08 actually gives me headaches sometimes trying to score, which is good! They upped the atmosphere too, and finally they have the Liverpool fans singing YNWA...not that I like it or anything. Its funny, when the Chelsea fans start singing "Hello! Hello!..." they cut out the "...and if you are a Tottenham fan surrender or you'll die," part.

Anyways, gameplay is the best its ever been. Graphics...its the PS2, but it doesnt matter at all.

I have yet to play next-gen 08, but I'm gonna wait to buy 09. Give em' another year to improve. I hear its so-so. Not good enough. I'll stick to the solid PS2 gameplay.

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not that tough. Routed Barca 7-0 yesterday :p.

10. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Thats only because Rijkaard was relaying information to Ten Cate on the sidelines. :)

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Fifa 08 is a lot harder to play than 07. I could barely score with Chelsea against Sparta Prague.:eek:

12. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Current gen or next gen? If next gen, I agree, but it's a good thing ;)

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    no idea. My good friend has an X-Box, so he just got the game and I got to play it over the weekends. It seems I could never measure the distance of my free kicks.

14. newyorkerr

newyorkerr BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 26, 2007
    I bought it for the Wii, but its a bitch to play with all this controllers. And this version lack half of the modes. So i've got it for PC, my sone yet to play it with his controller, but I have to remap buttons to old scheme, from 99-07.

Being a Pro is an interesting concept, but its not really polished, IMO. Or maybe it's me getting old :D

15. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    just an update on the new pro evo,it's got serious graphic problems mostly tearing and is plagued with bugs online.
    konami should hang their heads in shame.

it's the first time in along time i can honestly say fifa is better,but it still lacks that sense of real football.

16. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    What exactly do you mean by 'tearing'?

And what platform do you have it on?

17. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    ps3 with install to hdd
    tearing would be a where a line appears that divides texture quality
    or see wiki defination

it's on the 360 also,abit not as bad as on the ps3.