Feyenoord vs Fenerbaçe [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Oscar, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    First half almost over as I write this.

What looked to become a boring match, because it seems this game came too early for both teams, might become a little more exciting. In part thanx to the cowardly referee, who was afraid to give a red card to a Turkish player who clearly (key word = clearly) kicked Kalou when the game was already stopped....this of course didn't sit well with the home crowd and the Feyenoord players.

At least the two teams are a little more agressive now, hopefully this will balance out the out-of-form play both sides have shown so far. I haven't seen 1 good attacking play yet. Ergo:

Feyenoord - Fenerbaçe 0-0

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Why would he be scared to give the Fener player a red card when the match is in Rotterdam?

3. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Because it's a Champion's League match, and he wouldn't want to affect the match so much to give a player a red card.

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Man, a good playing Feyenoord would have trashed this team...but I'll guess we'll have to be happy with just this:

Goal by Ono in the 64th minute

Feyenoord - Fenerbaçe 1-0

5. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feyenoord better get one more goal because it will be diffuicult in the away leg in Istanbul.

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Game over

Feyenoord - Fenerbaçe 1-0

I think the return game is 2 weeks from now, so Feyenoord at least have some time to get their groove back. In my opinion we only saw the "real" Feyenoord a few times in the 2nd half, one of those times leading to the goal scored by Ono.

I don't believe the Turks will play as craptacular in Turkey as they did today, then again, they didn't manage to get as much as 1 point in 6 games from last season's Champion's League...so maybe they actually are that bad? :D Nah, impossible.

Gonna be a tough job in Turkey-land in 2 weeks.

7. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Ono is on target for Feyenoord

The Uefa Cup holders Feyenoord took a step toward a Champions' League place last night with a 1-0 victory over Turkey's Fenerbahce thanks to Shinji Ono's goal in a third qualifying round first-leg match...

Independent Sport

8. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Fenerbache is not 'bad'. On the contrary, I felt that they played some refreshing football every now and then last year. I also see them in action in Turkey sometimes (local snackbar hehehe) and it's no European topclass... but neither is Feyenoord imho. One UEFA Cup doesn't make you tops.... so feyenoord can prove what they are worth in Istanbul.

BTW. It would be in Ajax' advantage if feyenoord would lose. On the other hand it might be fun to have the Dutch top three in the CL.

9. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It would be better for Ajax, and all the Dutch teams, if Feyenoord made it to the Champion's League...the UEFA might end up giving away Dutch European spots to countries like Greece, Turkey or something. In the long run a bad thing for all Dutch teams, including Ajax.

Plus the CL would strain the Feyenoord team more than the UEFA Cup would (i.e. better opposition) which could make them "weaker" in the league. Like last season.

p.s. even ADO Den Haag could've beaten Fenerbaçe yesterday. :D

10. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if the Turks thought Rotterdam was bad, wait till the 'Noord go to Istanbul. 1 to nil isn't going to be enough IMHO. Scared shitless comes to mind.

11. Vak_NN

Vak_NN New Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Rotterdam
    Scared shitless of what?

Why should Feyenord be scared of anything in Istanbul?

Of the noise? They are used to that... In their own stadium, at Rangers, a Inter Milan

Of Fenerbahce? I don't think so. Fener hardly impressed me. In Turkey Fener will have to be a lot more offesnive which means at least one sure goal for Feyenoord. They always score.

The last time Feyenoord didn't score in Europe was the home match agains Spartak Prague in last year's CL. But that was in the 'dark months' when Van Marwijk couldn't get it right. Since they have always scored both home and away.

12. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    A pro doesn't get intimidated by noise.

13. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Didn't Feyenoord won the UEFA cup last season?
    Than why do they have to qualify for the Champions League?

14. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, i forgot, it's because they wear ear plugs right? You've got to be crazy if you really believe this.

15. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Ajax won the league, winning the UEFA cup is great but it never qualified anyone to the champions league.

16. Mattinho

Mattinho Member

Jan 27, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Scared shitless of what?

Why should anyone ever be scared to play away games then? Don't you expect teams to be scared when they come to your stadium, doesn't every team in the world have an advantage when playing at home?

Fener didn't impress you, but a 1-0 home win against a not-very impressive Turkish team is not too good either.

17. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Mattinho how funny it is then that most players with a bit of experience state that instead of feeling intimidated they

a) are hardly aware of what happens on the stands while the game is in play
    b) they feel powered up by what they do hear, but not intimidated.

Doesn't matter to me, but a for a quality team all the noise in the world won't make the difference.

18. Vak_NN

Vak_NN New Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Rotterdam
    Did you see the match

A final result can often be a good indication of how a team played. But not always Mattinho.

If you have seen the match, you will have noticed that Feyenoord could and should have made it at least two, perhaps three. The appeared more mature, better organised and more confident than Fener.

Indeed as the Ajax fan there said: big teams and experienced players are not intimidated by what happens in the stands. Or as Van Hooijdonk put it: 'we should try and enjoy the atmosphere in the (Fenerbahce) stadium'

19. 1907UNIFEB

1907UNIFEB New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    istanbul/turkey
    people.. plz get real ! wake up ! we FENERBAHCE will beat Feyenord... That's the truth.. just keep your eyes on Ortega and Revivo.... they have a gift for you.. :)

20. SlamD

SlamD New Member

Apr 20, 2002
    Holland
    First: Doesn't Revivo have a slight backinjury?

Second: Why are you all so cocky? I konow it's going to be a very hard game for Feyenoord, but you all appear to think Fenerbahce has the best team ever existed... If you don't win the Champions League it must be a disappointment...

21. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I would laugh if feyenoord were eliminated (ofcourse) but I don't think Fenerbahce will beat them. Fenerbahce is not strong enough and feyenoord can be hard to beat.

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Plus van Persie is back, future left forward of the Dutch National team....no lie.

23. 1907UNIFEB

1907UNIFEB New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    istanbul/turkey
    wwooowww... van Persie..the Dutch national team?? oh i am so afraid.. is he more famous than Ariel ORTEGA? The Argentina National team.. u know?? :) you, funny guy !!!

24. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You mean the bench sitter? :D

25. 1907UNIFEB

1907UNIFEB New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    istanbul/turkey
    yeah, as u told, a very famous player like ORTEGA is a bench sitter in my team.. so u think how a good team FENERBAHCE is..... :))