Felipe Caicedo

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by ecuafutbolfreak, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One of those british Commentators said that they already sold twice the amount in jersey than they paid for Hernandez. Just Jerseys! Its all about the dollars.

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the Mexican market is huge, and so is the Mexican-American market in the US. They'll tailor anybody into the program if the potential for $$$ is that big. Sad, and true.

3. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What The Hell is this guy still doing in russia? . What do you guys think his price tag is?
    On another note.... i think Noboa should have moved to another league by now.

4. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We need to get him right. He's not at 100%. He can be the difference between us having a poor WC showing and a good one.

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    He needs to stop showboating his girlfriend and his clothing line, and start fighting for more time at his club, or ask his agent to find him a place where he'll play regularly.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He just needs to get healthy and show up at practice- he's got the skill and definitely has some credibility, but even if you're a top talent/pure professional, you need to kill it at practice day-in and day-out. I have little doubts that he'll return to form, but he needs to fix the mindset. The rest will fall into place.

8. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Supposedly now the deal with Valencia isn't going thru, he needs to get transferred already! He's not doing shit in Russia except keeping his girl warm!

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Apparently he's being transfered to Al Jazeera.....mang, what a disappointment this WC is going to be for us. No, strikers, no defence and no set GK.

Luigi408 repped this.
  10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    He has a better chance of doing something in the WC by playing anywhere than by keeping the bench warm in Russia.

11. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In a way this was the best offer he was gonna get. Spain's top teams weren't gonna go after a bench warmer. The bottom feeders don't have the money to pay his wages, especially when they have been focusing on young players from Argentina for a while now. As long as he gets playing time we are good. The offers will come after the world cup, if he shows up!

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    His talent is still speculative to be honest....if he was a proven goal scorer who was consistently healthy, it'd be a sure fire bet that he'd go to Spain or any other team. Plus, Lokomotiv wants to get rid of him- through a sale, not a loan- they made that clear early on. If the UAE will offer the dough, the Russians will answer the call. In this case, Caicedo is a man with no options other than the whim of the club, but it's regrettable to say the least. For the sake of his career, let's hope that this isn't a done deal and Lokomotiv holds out until the WC.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i think none of this would've happened if Caicedo had taken one of the good offers he had after that great season he had in Levante. This move was always a regretful and heavily criticized one...and we all called it.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Next stop, Mexico.

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm sad he is going to such a shitty place. I remember everyone was criticizing him for going to Russia and I guess everyone was right. All this falls on him for making that decision to go to Russia. In Facebook and other places he is getting the wrath of the fans big time for this move right now. Sucks for him but I hope he gets more playing time because we have no other choice than Caicedo right now. I have NO hope for anyone else coming even close to his level.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would have liked to see him coming to Brazil to play. This same club was after our striker as well and if he had lost him, Caicedo would have made for an interesting fit for us.

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Brazil would have been 1,000,000 times better than where he is going now! Terrible mistake by Caicedo.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Brazil or Mexico would have been better. He's going to have to perform in the WC otherwise his prospects of ever being a top player will be over.

19. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caicedo should get out of there as soon as his trail in Al-Jazeera is over. There should be no option for him to stay, in his mind. After this spell in Arabia, he should be looking to Europe again, and is the chances are slim to none, then Brazil, and of not, Argentina... later on Mexico.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think this was a move either him or his agent was in favor of, but sadly, it's whoever wants him and is willing to buy the contract. Regrettably, this comes at an opportune time. Save that money, score goals, show up at the WC, and get out of the UAE if it's about career advancement. It's a 2 year contract, which will give him some flexibility to move assuming he is a stand-out and can play at an exceedingly high level during the World Cup. Good luck to him.

21. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Scored twice in his last appearance.... Every time I try to post the video it says broken or missing link!?

22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    This guy really drives me nuts. If he's not taking pictures with his girlfriend, he's creating his own transfer rumors. This time he's claiming he's going to Espanyol.

http://www.futbolecuador.com/moviles/read/45477/

He better do the talking on the field on Wednesday.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What's wrong with this dude man? He's not at 100% physically. That much is obvious. He needs to get right physically (and I would say mentally as well). I'm not about to give up on him though. He's only 25...he still has a lot to offer the sport.

24. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nothing wrong with trying to hustle himself a new team,but when it doesnt happen ,that's got to suck.;)

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I bet the money is nice, but should of stayed in Russia. From what I read today, Espanyol won't get him.