Federico Oliva at Atletico Madrid

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by ussoccer97531, Nov 12, 2015.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #1 ussoccer97531, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    I wont have time to watch, but I believe he is eligible to play in the La Liga Promises tournament that is happening a little later today, it's on Bien. Maybe some one can catch the games if his specific game is even filmed.

3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He isn't in the lineup or on the bench for Atletico Madrid in the game today. I don't know about other games.

4. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the La Liga Promises tournament with Atletico Alevin A, he scored and made the La Liga Twitter feed:
    http://www.laliga.es/en/news/the-best-five-goals-from-the-laliga-promises

He led Atletico Madrid to a second-place finish and was named the tournament's Best Player with six goals:
    http://www.atleticodemadrid.com/noticias/el-alevin-a-subcampeon-de-laliga-promises-2016

I can't find him on a roster on Atletico's official website, but that seems to be because they don't list the Alevin rosters; only starting with the Cadete ones.

5. CreightonMCFCjoey

Jan 30, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing young talent from Chicago's been tearing up Spanish youth division and has an amazing #laligapromise tournament. One for the future for sure.

6. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tweet from USAprospects:

ChuckMe92 and Gacm32 repped this.
  8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Thomas Rongen is aware of him now:
    814595411319123969 is not a valid tweet id

9. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I believe Rongen was just made chief scout of the USMNT, right? Think I saw something to that effect.

10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From his Twitter profile:

Thomas Rongen
    @TRongen
    Chief Scout USMNT

ChuckMe92, Winoman and TheFalseNine repped this.
  11. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    Yep, really good stuff. He was the one trying to get Subotic many moons ago.

12. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Amazing.

Midas Mulligan and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  13. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Like, seriously, wow.

Gacm32 and TheFalseNine repped this.
  14. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Anyone have a clue how this kid ended up there? And is there something wrong with us that we just watched highlights of a 12 year old?

15. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read the top drawer soccer article to answer your first question.

As to the latter, probably, but we're all guilty together.

16. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Hope they covered all their bases to comply with FIFA rules.

I know he's a #10 and scores a lot but it also looks like he has some midfield skills (turning out of pressure, collecting the ball from the backline and connecting the attack, and ball striking).

Winoman repped this.
  17. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I saw, he has everything. Really good vision on some of those passes, great awareness, doesn't rely on being more physically/athletically mature. Just incredible balance and technical skill and wonderful tactical awareness.

He looked like he could play up a couple of years, frankly. I would have been impressed if you said he was 15-16.

Dare I ask the Argentina/Spain question or is that taking the inappropriateness one step too far?

Gacm32 repped this.
  18. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have rosters all the way down to ages so young that they probably shouldn't publish the rosters at all (e.g. players born in 2008(!)).

https://en.atleticodemadrid.com/cantera/

Oliva is now listed as part of the Infantil B roster.

19. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://goro.blog/2017/06/27/fede-oliva-el-crack-del-atletico-madrid-con-adn-de-la-comarca/

Rough translation:
    Federico Oliva was born in Chicago, is 13 years old and since 2012 he plays soccer in the lower one of Atletico Madrid, one of the three biggest clubs in the best league in the world: the Spanish.

Federico, an American who plays in Spain, has an unbreakable link with Viedma and Patagones. Her mother is a native of the capital of Rio de Janeiro and her father, from Buenos Aires, did the secondary school in the maragata city where he defended the basketball jersey Jorge Newbery. From Chicago to Madrid, through Capital Federal, to David, the father of crack, his place in the world is the Shire.

Today Fede visited radio Patagonia and together with David he reviewed the experience of a trip that ends in his dreams in the first division in Europe, the Boca Juniors jersey and of course the Argentine national team.

The kid plays hook (almost extinguished position) or extreme, but prefers to place the 10 and occupy the center of the field. The Argentine genes are noticed there. The passion for football began in the eastern Yankee, where even though soccer is not very developed, it is played. An Argentine coach watched him and offered him a test at Atletico Madrid. Mother, father and older brother (now 17 years old) traveled to Spain and the mattress showed so much interest that he signed it right away.

The transfer was immediate. Once the labor issues of David, who handles his tasks in Illinois through the Internet and at complicated times (there are seven hours of difference between Chicago and Madrid), the family put forward the dream of Federico.

It is not easy what is coming. At Atletico Madrid, like other European giants, talented players arrive all the time. Federico is consolidated, but there is no time to relax. The scouts of Madrid are scattered all over the world and holding on to that level demands a supreme effort.

For now, the trainings are daily but only one turn and is played once a week, on Saturdays. School is a theme. Internet is formed in American education.

Then take four minutes to enjoy a compact of what can this little duck with DNA of the Shire having fun on a soccer field.

largegarlic, Namdynamo and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to know more about the father of crack, playing hook, and living in the Shire.
    ;)

21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    So is there any quote that he'd want to play for Argentina or just an article from an Argentine publication that claims so?

Lookingforleftbacks and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  22. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my, an Argentine-American enganche being educated and producing at Atletico Madrid.... my body is ready.

Ironbound, Gacm32 and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    We gotta get this kid into our YNT camps as early as possible. The first '04 camp should be later this year, maybe early next year. Don't let Argentina get this kid into their set-up first.

Also, does anyone know if there are any Atletico Madrid forums? I can't really find any. I was going to try to look to see if I can find any further information about this kid.

Gacm32, TxEx and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  24. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    colchonero.com and sdehumo.net seem to be popular

Gacm32 and ussoccer97531 repped this.