FCNY Player Movement

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by stupidslap, Aug 21, 2011.

1. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody know if any players are leaving the team or coming in? I was looking through twitter and I saw that some guys are leaving the team and that the situation at FCNY isn't looking too good.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Player Movement

I saw some FCNY players were with NYRB reserves. What have you heard thats bad? Is the team not looking like it will be back for 2012?

3. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I just saw on certain player's twitter feeds that they had either signed with other teams or aren't coming back. I also saw this one comment about how "nobody wants to sign with FCNY". I don't know how true that is but with the horror stories we keep hearing about the front office I wouldn't be surprised.

4. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was Owen Morrison and Sam Craven's twitter pages.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Looks like Philly re-signed Holder.

6. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Craven left the club after he had a appendicitis in late July so that's no shock. I haven't seen where he signed anywhere but I have seen where he is now working setting up British kids to come to colleges in the USA on soccer scolarships.

I didn't expect to see Morrison back, he did underpreform for what he was being paid. But he's a legend to me for that goal against "them" in the USOC.

I know many if not most players in USL have deals with MLS clubs reserve teams.

7. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

HOW DO YOU FIND ALL OF THIS STUFF OUT?! Are you Dumbledore?

8. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Well. I asked Sam Craven directly on Twitter what he was going to do once he headed back to England.

As for Morrison, that was basically just my opinion that he underpreformed.

Going by his tweet today. Stockley is still in NYC and I believe Roche still has himself described as a player for FCNY .

;-)

9. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're good sir.

10. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Should add that Troy Cole, Gary Boughton, and Jhonny Arteaga still say they are FCNY players on their twitter descriptions as well.

11. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I would think the major issue is whether a player has a 1 year or 2 year contract. Those with 2 year deals will "stay" unless/until they mutually agree with the club to sever their contracts (which saves money and can help keep the club afloat in many cases). I year guys are probably already gone because of the shabby organization and uncertainty. Some have opportunities to go to MLS clubs to fill out their reserve teams for the remainder of the season.

There are a couple of nice players at NY. They should contact Harrisburg who will lose a couple players to retirement and a couple may sign with Phil Union. The isles will continue to rebuild their team with younger players (which began this year)! A couple Islanders have NY ties, and they are successful and provide visibility to MLS.

12. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They should, but will they? Probably not.

13. Bucky-O'Hare

Bucky-O'Hare Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Ireland
    Club:
    Derry City

Owen Morrison is back playing for Derry City in what is his third stint with us. But the understanding is that he's going back to New York next season. At least that's what I thought.

14. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

I'd gladly see him back if that's the case.

15. KickOffOnline

KickOffOnline New Member

Jun 1, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

The club holds options on Stockley and Roche to pick them up for another year, but it's not looking like they will do so.

Some guys are out on loan or getting playing time on MLS reserve teams at the moment, which works out well for all parties, but I know Paul Shaw is looking to keep "the core of the side."

They've apparently also been looking at some players from the affiliated teams in California and Texas, and will likely be staging more player trials in the fall.

More here -- http://kickoffonline.com/?p=372

16. psusoccer5

psusoccer5 New Member

Mar 13, 2008

Here is an article written by my mate from empire of soccer who follows FC New York. Details some of the offseason movements
    http://www.empireofsoccer.com/?p=3240

Jhonny has done well I hope we can get him back in camp but I am sure other teams will come in for him so FCNY may have to pay up to keep him with us. Kyle and Tadeu were good for first year rookies and they are re-signed, obviously wanted to keep the local talent in as much as possible. Owen is one of the better players in the side I hope we can get him back for next year but I am sure he will have several offers after playing back in the Irish League for Derry. When he was playing he really controlled the entire team and made them go. Only saw Brockman play in preseason and the first few matches before he got hurt, but I hope we can re sign him. He was one of the better players on the team and I would have liked to see where he ended up with a full season under his belt. I am sure we will hear more from the FCNY guys in the coming months. Hopefully they can fix up the website/market so they can finally look like a professional side.

17. Jossed

Jossed Member+

Apr 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

I don't think this club is capable of paying up for anyone.

To be honest, I would be surprised if FCNY ever takes the field next year given the horror stories we have heard about the FO and low attendance.

Everyone has a "plan" until the loses start to really mount up. And this club will continue to be a huge money pit given the stadium situation and dismal attendance. The operating budget by club President Doug Peterson's own admission is just over seven figures. You just can't survive like that with no real income coming in.

18. DUST

DUST Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Wilmington NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Troy Cole has signed with my Wilmington Hammerheads. Best of luck this season FCNY!

19. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Didn't you get Sam Stockley as well ?

20. stupidslap

stupidslap Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Graciano Brito is with Rochester I believe.

21. Usmaman

Usmaman Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    In the Open Cup on Tuesday, there was an FCNY connection for the Greek Americans' only goal, as Paul Shaw assisted on Stephen Roche's goal in their 2-1 loss to Reading.