FCKC Preseason 2015

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Myrtle, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Post all news, questions, conspiracy theories etc. about the team. Since preseason starts today and all. Get excited!

2. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So good news, I just saw a twitter conversation between Katelyn Rowland and Jenna Richmond implying they will reunite in KC. I realize it's not official confirmation from the club but I'm now hopeful JR is not retiring.

Let's hope we see them in some pics at the Sporting KC home-opener tonight!!!!

3. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  4. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dan Lauletta ‏@TheDanLauletta 2m2 minutes ago
    CONFIRMED that Jenna Richmond is taking a year off from FCKC and #NWSL

:thumbsdown::(What a bummer.

Myrtle repped this.
  5. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    I wonder is she's planning on having a kid? That's the only thing I can think off why she will be taking off and not just retiring.

Also, what is up with Gorry not being on the roster?

Isn't Souza going to be in the Brazilian 84-year camp?

6. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. If she wasn't planning on coming back, they wouldn't be saying she's taking a year off. So this is an improvement over the previous rumor which was that she was going to play one more year and then retire.

7. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    From what I understand, she is taking the year to plan her wedding and be a newlywed. As of last I heard, she is planning on being back next season

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm just curious if Mandy Laddish will finally get a chance with this team?

I'm also hoping that Sarah Hagen scores tons of goals (except against the Red Stars), so that she can get another call-up to the senior USWNT.

9. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    http://www.fckansascity.com/2015/03/11/katrina-gorry-rafaelle-souza-stay-national-teams-season/

I know I'm a bit late with high school soccer in full gear, but here's an explanation of all the players I inquired about previously...finally. I'm most bummed about Richmond, hopefully out of the Averbuch/Laddish/Streight contingent we can develop another box to box close to her quality. And I'm a little concerned about losing Souza as I feel we still need some flank defender depth with just Robinson, Moros, and LePeilbet right now. Perhaps we convert someone similar to Kallman from last year? Streight?

Excited to follow BluesGameDay for the exhibition match vs Nebraska today. Here's hoping we see a front 4 of Hagen, Tymrak, Groom, and Silva!

10. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    http://www.fckansascity.com/2015/03/20/fc-kansas-city-release-updated-2015-preseason-roster/

Here's an update, finally. After all the rumors that include Holiday and Arod retiring I was hoping for a more in depth story but not with this team I guess. I suppose now I understand the excessive play maker acquisitions by the club (Averbuch, Groom, Clark, Ayers etc.) I still think we need to sign one more defender but I feel like I've said this a million times at this point.
    Here's my 20 player roster prediction, feel free to comment( I know Arod and Holiday may retire but until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume they finish out the season)correct, or make your own:

Forwards
    1. Arod
    2. Hagen
    3. Groom
    4. Decesare

Midfield
    1. Holiday
    2. HOA
    3. Tymrak
    4. Averbuch
    5. Buz
    6. Silva
    7. Bogus
    8.Laddish

Defenders
    1. Brunn
    2.Robinson
    3. LePeilbet
    4. Deines
    5. Streight (Lisenby)
    6. Moros

Goalies
    1. Barnhart
    2. Rowland

I wouldn't be surprised to see Decesare cut to make room for another defender. If not I took her over Clark and Ayers bc I like the idea of having a big hold up type back up for Hagen. Bummed I can't go to any preseason games this year. The only close game is at KU which is on a night I have to coach my high school team.

11. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Isn't it funny that the top two teams from last year are the ones this year that are pretty stingy with info. Atleast you guys have a website.
    This year is a crucial year for Tymrak if she wants to return to the USWNT. With the news about Arod and Holiday, she's the one that can benefit the most from increased minutes and a more leadership role.

12. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    And Hagen

13. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I agree. This will be a huge year for Tymrak and Hagen to step up.

And yeah, and speaking of a website...I cant help but notice that the roster is only listing 20 players. Draftees Groom, Rowland, Lisenby, and Clark made the cut. Ayers is no longer listed, and hopefully Decesare sticks around but she's not listed.

14. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So tired about worrying about this team's defensive depth. Last night on Twitter rumor has it that 2nd round pick (and only defender drafted) Lisenby was not signed and has decided to try her luck in Houston.

So currently in camp defenders are Robinson, Lepeilbet, Moros. Brunn will be at the WWC and who knows when Dienes will return....again no info on that. I'd assume KC has something in works as far as a defensive signing or trade. I think we have an international slot available without Gorry and Souza returning....

Craziness!

15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering KC's abysmal track record of getting results when trailing in games, having a backline with zero depth is a valid concern.

16. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I'm starting to worry about the player moves they've been making since winning the championship. It's almost like they're trying to be worse this season... (Why didn't they draft Dydasco like I told them to?!?!?)

17. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Ooo Sporting Park, Apr 12...

18. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    http://www.thebluetestament.com/201...ster-rounding-out-with-more-probable-signings

Finally! A preseason update, although it doesn't answer any of the burning questions...about Holiday/Arod retirement or the non-acquisition of Leroux.

Most interesting tidbit. Dominique Richardson, who was cut from a weak Dash defense last year was signed above our 2nd round draft pick Streight/Lisenby. Not encouraging IMO but I will reserve full judgement until I see her play.

I really want to go to the preseason game tonight vs KU. However, i'm not sure I can swing it with in-season coaching commitments. Bummer. As it's over an hour away from my on residence on the Missouri side.

19. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Good article by Thad. The Leroux thing is interesting. From what I understand, she wanted to come here and there was almost a deal in place, but WNY swooped in at the last minute and gave Seattle what they wanted instead of what they were ready to settle for with FCKC.

Richardson is interesting, she can't hurt at this point. From what I hear lisenby was not the player they thought she'd be early in camp and that's why they let her go.

I hope you get the chance to come out tonight. I think I'm taking the family out there for a half at least, but it's not as far from olathe as it is from where you are

EDIT: Just saw the official word on Deines. I know that I have a more optimistic bias towards this team than most, but the defensive depth is starting to concern me. Hoping for an injury-free season and putting my faith in LeP & Robinson to lead the Defense

20. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    It's just now starting to concern you? Really? :cautious:

21. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I couldn't resist! I ended practice early and am headed out to the game shortly. Perhaps I will see you and the fam. I will be the short girl, with longish brown hair, and a confused look on her face (because I've never been to rock chalk park and have probably gotten lost 5 times).

And I'm a Mizzou fan...

22. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    In an4-2-3-1 with Groom up top. Hagen isn't playing. Richardson starts at CB. Twitter is incorrect on that.

23. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    http://www.thebluetestament.com/201...nsas-city-in-the-running-for-the-leroux-trade

Here's a description of KC's minimal involvement in the Leroux trade. Interesting about the untouchables: Arod, Holiday, Brunn, Tymrak, Groom. Hopefully Hagen is on that list too....

http://www.thebluetestament.com/201...s-retirement-leaves-defenders-in-short-supply

And here's a tidbit on the Deines retirement. Yikes we are really in trouble defensively!

* I posted a quick summary of the KU scrimmage I attended last night in 2015 Pre Season Match Thread. FYI.

24. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So, this early in the season, is Hagen, like Melissa Henderson, getting little love from Vlatko?
    Is she going to be wasted on the bench? Is she going to regret her move back to the states after being successful in Germany? That would be a big shame.

25. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    KC should be looking at Washington to trade for a defender: Romero, Oyster, Dydasco, several others.

Who would Washington want? Hagen or O'Reilly. One of them for one good defender and one back up defender?