FCKC 2017

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Myrtle, Nov 30, 2016.

1. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Well sure, if you want to take the announcement at face value... but that's no fun... ;)

2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I talked to someone who would know these things, and they said the same thing.

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    From what I've heard he was well respected throughout the league. He has a good relationship with Rory Dames and the rest of Red Stars brass, from my understanding. This is a loss, no doubt.

4. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    You're ruining all the fun! :p ;)

Vlatko is not longer coaching the Comets, right? So I guess maybe he can spend more time doing the player scouting sort of stuff for FCKC? Or will they be looking for a replacement GM?

5. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
  6. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Any pending trades you know of CometsFan?

I propose HAO to NC (Still not signed with KC and prob wants to go where her husband lives)

for

Switch in picks from #5 to #2 and a back-up goalie either Rowland / Eckerstrom

Thoughts?????????????

7. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010

Since I'm back to being official (for now) I can't comment on things like that right now. I mean it would not be professional of me to talk publicly about something like Yael and Shea being signed already, but the press release being held up because of the ownership transition.

As far as trades go, I honestly have no clue. Vlatko knows what he wants and how to get there, he doesn't share that with anyone.

MiLLeNNiuM, Blaze20, CoachJon and 2 others repped this.
  8. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Glad that you can (kind of) confirm that at least Yael and Shea have resigned.

Vlatko has just been SO quiet, so i'm getting antsy. Is it because of the ownership transition? I would think if he could he would be making some big time moves with the talent in this draft and the abundance of forwards we have.

And I hope you continue in your current position with FCKC. You are the best one for the job!

MiLLeNNiuM and CoachJon repped this.
  9. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Thanks...the check is in the mail ;)

Not sure about any of the staff, that's all in flux. I'm here at least through the draft.

Vlatko has always been quiet, Huw was the deal maker (but always with V's blessing). The transition has slowed some things down, but honestly, he thinks this team is only 1-2 players away from another run. Can't say that I disagree

MiLLeNNiuM and Myrtle repped this.
  10. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    "The National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) announced today that Elam Bear, CEO of North Central Equity, LLC would be taking over operation of FC Kansas City (FCKC)."
    Is he a relative of Yogi Bear? ;)

In all seriousness, I hope that this new owner really invests in promoting the team in KC, and doesn't just neglect things and use it as an excuse to move the team to Minnesota in a couple years. They really need to do some Boston level temporary stands to expand that field's seating to a decent size (assuming it's too late to move and that they'll be staying in Swope again this year) and then do a lot of sales and marketing work to get it filled up.

Myrtle repped this.
  11. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  12. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.womenssoccerweekly.com/ncaa

13. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yes I agree our draft was fantastic! I meant to put something on here sooner. I wanted Rose Lavelle but I rated Gibbons as the #2 best player (I tend to like play-maker do everything players) so I was elated to get Gibbons at #5. Payne should at minimum fill the void left by Tiffany McCarty departing. I am really excited about Ribiero too...the impression ive gotten is that Vlatko see her as more of a play-making #10. Not saying she's the next Holiday, but i'm glad to have her try. Schaffer seems to be seen as a Laddish type box-to-box understudy but i'm sure she will be tried as a #10 as well. I admit to not knowing as much about Radisha Beal, but I did go to FCKC preseason match last year vs Minnesota and their defense was tough.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  14. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Any ideas how Vlatko plans to juggle three forwards who have aspirations (expectations) of starting?

15. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    That's no problem, especially when compared to NC (or the USWNT)... play a 4-3-3.

16. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I've asked this question too, problem is Vlatko is pretty quiet and there has been very little media coverage in KC so to my knowledge that question has not been addressed...publicly any way.

Groom did play on the wing her rookie season so I could see her filling in HAO's role, she did relatively well there. As for Arod / Leroux...i'm not sure, I'd imagine one of them will be tried on the wing as well. I'm an Arod fan and I think she could be at least as productive as Tymrak has been on the left...and probably a defensive upgrade. But I also understand that Arod is a polarizing player for whatever reason.

I predicted that Leroux, Arod, or HAO wouldn't be on our roster by opening day. My gut says HAO won't return from Arsenal. But between Groom, Arod, and Leroux if they want to play...it seems they will have to work on the winger skills at least how the roster stands now. And if they do well, I would guess they would be more valuable on the full national team as well.

18. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  19. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Leroux played on the wing for Seattle, so she has experience there. I know Blaze didn't love having her there, but I thought Leroux was getting better with each game she played there and she had really picked up her defending abilities too.

MiLLeNNiuM and Myrtle repped this.
  20. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC

I don't see O'Reilly coming back. And if she does I could see a move to NC (though that roster is pretty stacked).

21. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    She was getting better, and was still a productive piece of the puzzle for that Reign team. And her defending in my opinion was impressive. I watched a few times Leroux tracking back past the 18 to make a defensive play, and then get back up field to join the attack and this was in the 75th+ min. I think it will be fluid up top, with the forwards moving around during the game.

MiLLeNNiuM and holden repped this.
  22. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I guess i'm just more partial to Arod, I wasn't overly impressed with Leroux in Seattle mostly because she wasn't very offensively productive. But if you say she was well-rounded then I will trust you. I'm not convinced either Leroux / Arod can get endline like HAO did but perhaps the trade-off will be better finishing...

Another question, who will take FCKC's set pieces this season bc it was basically always HAO last year. And i'm not convinced Averbuch is a starter....

23. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I don't necessarily think you need someone that can get endline. But HAO is a master of it and made it work for her... other than Ohai, I can't think of any one else that can even get close to her skillset there. I mean, who did KC have to do it before they had HAO? Mathias? Leroux will be just as good if not better than Mathias at that.

24. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heath, on the left side.