Post-match: FCD v Orlando

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by Parrothead FC, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this was discussed in another thread, but since that thread is a bit of a mess, I decided to start a new one.

I enjoyed this game. I'm glad FCD won, but I'm also glad that Orlando put up a good fight. Alvarez had a particularly good game for them, I thought.

More importantly for present and future purposes, I thought there were very few weak links in the FCD lineup. The bench players did well enough with the back line. Ferriera and Chavez and Henderson, not to mention Benitez with his good, deep runs, make the middle solid even without Dax. We didn't get a great look at the forwards, so I think that's my biggest question right now.

It occurs to me that I could have posted this on the FCD board. Frankly I prefer the atmosphere here, such as it is. But I guess I should get used to the FCD board again, since I plan to resume following them this season. If anyone else here is going to follow FCD closely, where will they be posting?

2. TwoMeters

TwoMeters Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Orlando's recent signing Demar Stewart had quite the game, too, I thought. Especially that goal-line clearance after keeper Kelly was caught with the ball behind him.

I was surprised to see Shea playing center back, and then even more surprised to see him playing *well* at center back. I do hope that's temporary though, they need him getting goals.

Good question. I have a request in to BigSoccer to keep this board, even though we don't currently have a team in Austin, and I'm optimistic about their decision. We've built up a community of Austin soccer supporters, both in real life and on this forum. I hope we can keep them both going strong.

And in the absence of a hometown team, I expect that MLS, especially Dallas & Houston of course, will make up a lot of what we follow. So by all means, let the messages fly! :)

Speaking of FCD & Houston, definitely looking forward to their matchup in the "championship" game of the Disney Soccer Classic tonight. Kickoff at 7PM CT, watch on espn3.com (or, I think, FCDallas.com or HoustonDynamo.com). Go Hoops!

3. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Even though it is a little dead in terms of traffic, I hope they keep the board. It's a good place to announce Austin soccer news. I check it every so often.

Incidentally, I'm still a little bitter ...

:)