FCD Funk

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Pegasus, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a quote from Toronto's Justin Morrow which might explain the little funk that our Gold Cup players had on returning.

"It’s hard to put into words how difficult that is for someone who hasn’t been with the national team in a while," he said. "To have that big moment of winning the Gold Cup and playing for the national team for the first time in four years is a big moment for me. Then to come back here and transition is tough. I give Michael [Bradley] and Jozy [Altidore] a lot of credit because they’ve been doing it for their whole career and it shows how good they are at it but it wasn’t easy for me. It feels like a weight off my shoulders to get the goals tonight and help the team."

I think the more they get used to it the better they will learn to handle it but as our three were new to it is was a big adjustment this time.

2. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We expect our guys to benefit from US MNT callups, but I think Hedges got worse from his. Hopefully USMNT play benefits all our guys in the long run.

schlomo repped this.
  3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm also taking the long term view. I think they'll learn to be able to turn up their game when the playoffs arrive. I don't think it's a coincidence that the team has had a lack of national team starters and a lack of MLS Cups

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This funk is definitely perpetuated by the Gold Cup. Normal service will resume eventually. I do feel for Hedges though.

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, any word on our new player? I think his speed slalom dribbling may be just what the doctor ordered. At least he can come on and add something as a sub. Of course I've thought that about Pomykal all year and Morales keeps getting the minutes he should be.

6. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    This team was riding Urrutti's hot streak and you should have known that wasn't going to last. The real contenders have proven European level players and goalscorers. The Hunts keep pulling the wool over your eyes.

7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't know.
    I felt that the team wasn't playing particularly well in the first half of the season when we were getting results.

People keep whining about the Hunts not going and getting "proven European level players and goalscorers" in the transfer window when we know that's not their plan. They won a SS last season without doing that. The Galaxy keep signing Euro players, and what are they? Garbage.

What we need is the USMNT and international caliber players we already have in the group to get back to playing like it. Acosta, Hedges, and company haven't been playing up to their previous levels. Zimmerman needs to come back.

A "funk" for FCD has put them 5 points out of first place in the West, with 2 games in hand. Such is MLS that we're also looking over our shoulders to the teams in the non-playoff positions.

EricSunRa repped this.