FC Seoul Hires Senol Gunes

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by dcunited4life, Dec 8, 2006.

1. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    I can already smell the title...........................................

http://www.fcseoul.com/news/news/news_view.jsp?seq=516&tcd=news&pg=1

[1절]

종이 울리네 (FC!)

꽃이 피네 (서울!)

새들의 노래 (FC!)

웃는 그 얼굴 (서울!)

사랑하는 FC서울

영원히 함께하리라

처음 만나서 사랑을 맺은

우리의 사랑 FC서울~

아름다운 서울에서 서울에서 살렵니다.

[2절]

봄이 또오고 (FC!)

여름이 가고 (서울!)

낙엽은 지고 (FC!)

눈보라 쳐도 (서울!)

사랑하는 FC서울

영원히 함께하리라

처음 만나서 사랑을 맺은

우리의 사랑 FC서울

아름다운 서울에서 서울에서 살렵니다.

http://cafe.naver.com/fc6201.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn?articleid=43

Good luck fighting for second place.

Bitches.......................................................:D

2. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    heh, that's a major coup. A NT level manager for FC Seoul that already has a decent set of players... But then he could always flop, too ;)

3. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    With the talents we have, he can't do any worse than.......................

[​IMG]

My season tickets next year might be worth something.:)

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Jesus. I hear that this season's FC Seoul so-called replacement squad is worth 10 Million USD. Maybe even big named players.

5. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    BTW, you gotta tell those Suhoshin fellas that the songs they sing absolutely suck.

6. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    WTF is Suwon doing?! First class team; third tier coach. And where's Seoul United?! Sigh.........

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I think decent is an understatement. Ricardo + Kim Eun-joong is probably the most effective set of shadows the league has ever seen. Honestly, it's Ricardo > Kim Du-hyeon > Lee Gwan-woo in the middle (which effectively makes it better than the National Team). However, of course, Park Ju-foam + Patriot Jung = two wrongs don't make a right. Life is fair, lol.

Lets see who FC Seoul is gonna import next season. I heard they only went down under 20,000 USD last season which is pretty much the closest thing anyone had come to breakeven in football.

As much as I hate FC Seoul, I'm thinking having public enemy number 1 ain't so bad.

8. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    I have a suggestion.:D

[​IMG]

Hmmmmmmmm..................

Cha vs. Boner

Tough call

9. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Fcuk off, wanker. Samsung Electronics must be spending too much money on R&D. At least try Coelho for christ sakes. He can't be more expensive than Guiness.

10. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    Haha......

F-U too.

Looks like Cha ain't going anywhere for a while so enjoy.

11. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I'm so jealous right now. I was pissed of earlier because all that Kookmin Bank promotion shite. And now all this. GOD I HATE FC SEOUL! :)

12. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    My company is having 회식 tonight and this news calls for an extra 폭탄주!

Damn, I miss going to 상암 already.

13. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Seoul actually got Guiness?????????????????????????/

FACK, out of all the oddssssssssssss..........

14. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    If he emulates the fine record of the last ex-Turkey boss to manage a K-League club then I'll be happy.

Three wins in thirty games I think it was for Tinaz Tirpan at Bucheon. More of the same please, Gunes :)

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jesus christ, you got to be fking kidding me?

I'm guessing Seoul coughed up chunks of money to bring him there.

16. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    yea....i didnt actually they we were gonna get him...

hopefully the underachieving will soon stop

17. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Or maybe Gunes will pull off an Alpay and ditch the club after only one match. I remember all the hype about Alpay coming to Incheon United and the way he jumped ship to play in the J-League....

One of the biggest criticisms of Senol despite his success with the Turkish national team in the World Cup was that he was too defensive minded. I think our achieving fourth place with the set of players we had speaks more in volumes for Hiddink than Turkiye's finish under Senol, simply because that group of players for Turkiye was perhaps the greatest generation of footballers assembled in Turkiye. Senol was a goalkeeper for Trabzonspor during the years when Trabzonspor won the title (only four teams have done so in Turkish league and Trabzon is the only city outside of Istanbul to win the league). So in Turkiye, despite third place and their highest ever showing, Senol was lambasted for playing with only one forward (Ilhan Mansiz) when he had at his disposal players who could put the ball into the net (Umit Karan, Hakan Sukur, etc). So it will be interesting how he does with FC Seoul. People think only of this one achievement on Senol's resume, but it should be taken with a grain of salt. That Turkish side had world class players (Emre, Basturk, Ergün, Ilhan Mansiz, Alpay, Rüstü, Hasan Sas, Bulent, Okan, etc). With Senol's appointment, I'm not sure if FC Seoul automatically = champions. It's certainly a step toward that goal.

18. Erkan

Erkan New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Istanbul-Turkey
    Almogavar knows a lot about Turkish football. His information about Senol Gunes is perfect. As a Turkish guy I'd like to give a few out of topic info about Gunes. His name contains Turkish characters, we have a letter something like $, which is actually an S and a dot under it. It is spelled "sh". So, his name is $enol and surname is Güne$ (u has two dots over it). His surname means "sun". He was a very succesfull goalkeeper in late 70's and he still holds the longest clean sheet record of Turkish League.

A few words about his manager career, I think you're more concerned about this :)
    Probably you know the fact that he had the most succesfull result of Turkish NT with 3rd place in World Cup. Even though we had the 3rd place at World Cup, he was highly criticized in Turkey during the World Cup. He was very defensive minded even against very weak teams. He also insisted on playing with Hakan Sükür despite his poor form during World Cup and Gunes played with single forward during the cup. He preferred 4-5-1. He also insisted on taking Yildiray Basturk out at 70th minute even though Yildiray was the best player in that tournament. People thought that this was a perfect result but we didn't play to any of the top teams except Brazil and we actually lost to Brazil in both games (in group stage and in semi-finals). The NT was strong, the draw were lucky(we didn't play any European team) and people didn't praise Gunes for that success. But UEFA didn't think that way and he was awarded the UEFA coach of the year 2002. A year after Turkish NT played quite well in Confederation Cup. People kept criticizing him during that time. When Turkey failed to qualify to EuroCup 2004 he was fired with the high pressure of Turkish media.

In my opinion he is not a world class coach but he is not also that bad as Turkish media thinks. Fatih Terim also failed to qualify for World Cup but no one complained about him. He is very defensive minded, especially if he plays against a good team. He sometime doesn't use his best offensive players because of his defensive style. 2 years ago he didn't pick Yattara (best right winger of Trabzon) in first 11 against Fenerbahçe and played with 3 defensive midfielders and single forward I remember. He was highly criticized again. He trained only Trabzonspor in last 3 years but following very poor results, he was fired after very short period of time. His player selections are not best most of the time, he also is very weak at changing the flow of the game by substitutions or tactical changes. Another disadvantage of him is that he trained a team for only very short period of time in last 3 years.
    On the other side he is not the worst coach of the world of course. His best side is his discipline. If he can feel comfortable and he has good players, he manages the team well. But under pressure he fails.
    I hope he will do his best in Korea!

19. NaMusa75

NaMusa75 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, SoCal
    Yeah, FC SEOUL BLOWS.

Hey svasco, you know the foreigner A-League has a team called Seoul United (I kept looking at that your avatar and couldn't figure it out)? Hahahaha. They were actually good enough to get an invite to the FA Cup a while back but I think they crashed out in the first round.

20. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    He is one of the Classy coach in European Football.
    He did good stuff for Turkey NT.
    He did good stuff in Trabzonspor ''club level'' aswell.

He will success in FC.Seoul.

Good luck Senol Gunes _FC.Seoul

@

I there any site, where can we follow FC.Seoul games,info etc?

Thanks

21. dubumang

dubumang New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wow, Gunes already knows Lee Eul Yong from before when he was at Trabzonspor. maybe that contributed to his decision to move.

22. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    LOL...I can see the Korean headlines now. "Gunes follows Eulyong-ta to Korea."

23. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  24. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    IF GUINESS IS AN OVERRATED DEFENSIVE-MINDED COACH, THEN GOOD FOR ME!!!!!

AHAHAHAAAHAHAHA

25. Sebo43

Sebo43 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Turquia
    Senol Günes is my favourite turkish Coach!
    I think he is better than Fatih Terim!
    Günes keep cool although his name is meant "sun" :)
    Good luck for him and for FC Seoul!
    I have already the jersey of red devil, but Senol Günes is the reason to buy a FC Seoul Jersey, too!