FC Salzburg vs Liverpool FC - CL - Dec 10 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Dec 8, 2019.

1. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Don't worry - zero tension accrued..... bonus is that you'll likely get an extra 10-15 minutes of life down the line! ;)

2. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He would be a much better acquisition for us than Haland.

CB-West repped this.
  3. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    haaland is just an old school style english power forward

CB-West repped this.
  4. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't realize how nervous I was about the match, and the possibility of playing Thursday nights on the BR App, until after Salah's goal. What a performance by everyone but have to single out VVD again. Just cool calm collected, kept those youngins at bay and loved when Minamino tried to shoulder VVD off the ball and just ended up on his arse.

Red Bird and usscouse repped this.
  5. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    well, this is a very impressive team. gave us all we could handle. i'll be rooting for them in the europa, that's for sure.

omaro repped this.
  6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hope we get to watch them slice through Manure or Arsenal at some point.

7. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    They won't if everyone buys their players in January ;)

CB-West repped this.
  8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have more on the bench haha

9. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    i was worried about Lovren, he had been substiuted in the game before when he felt some pain, then he started the game after, this one. hopefully he's ok now

10. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sure he is. Another well informed take, and not at all jumping to conclusions.

11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #161 SamScouse, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    ah the board's biggest snowflake appears again. oh those hurt feelings!! why are you so concerned with someone not agreeing with you? wtf is the big deal?

if you were paying attention, you'd know that I wasn't the only one concerned about his recent form. Firmino himself has been so bothered by it that - for the first time since he joined the club - he went to talk to Klopp about it. now his goal touch is back - great. long may it continue.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-shares-21174764
    The Liverpool forward had managed a single goal in 16 appearances before striking form at the Club World Cup.

He followed up winners against Monterrey and Flamengo with a brace in the impressive Boxing Day thrashing of Leicester City . After bagging his second of the game at the King Power Stadium, Firmino ran into Klopp’s arms on the touchline.

He was struggling for confidence during his goal drought but a chat with Klopp got Firmino out of his slump.

usscouse repped this.
  12. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    lol I'm the snowflake? Have I resorted to name-calling or ad hominem attacks because someone has disagreed with me? No, but the last two comments I have made to you have made you complain about being picked on.

You had some bad takes and double downed on them and when someone disagreed with them resorted to getting personal. It happens. Don't get so sensitive to others pointing out opinions you have that are not well formed.

Yes, and Klopp clearly thought those people did not know what they were talking about.

• "When people tell me previously Bobby didn’t score for a while I didn’t realise. When I think about Bobby I don’t think about scoring. I think about how important he is.
    • “We had a bit of a talk because for the first time since I knew him he looked a little bit concerned about that fact,”
    • “I told him I am not interested in that number because he is the connector for our team. He is so important for us. He is not the only one who can play that position but he can play that position in a very special way.”
    ----- Klopp

Tabloid papers and pundits like Paul Merson thought he was playing bad because he was not scoring. Klopp did not, people who actually watched the Salzburg game with an inkling of knowledge did not.

Salzburg scored in every game they had played in the Champions League, we had just lost Fabinhio. Bobby in that game was playing a far deeper and conservative role than he did in previous game and he played well. Rating wise it was his fourth best appearance of the season according to whoscored.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1426946/Live/Europe-Champions-League-2019-2020-Salzburg-Liverpool

The Salzburg game was hugely effective for Bobby. You coming to the conclusion that he played bad in that game seemed more to do with jumping on a bandwagon than actually judging his performance on the match itself.

Come on, Klopp himself did not think he was playing bad.

Whose opinion means more to you on this subject; Klopp or which ever 'journalist' writes for the Daily Star?

newterp repped this.
  13. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Bobby did.

SamScouse and newterp repped this.
  14. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes that's the one difference - Firmino himself started to get concerned about his play because he didn't think he was doing enough - but then a talk from Klopp who told him he was not concerned helped Firmino relax.

Thinking you are playing poorly doesn't necessarily equate to actually playing poorly - especially when the hallmark of your role in this Liverpool team (and the last 2 seasons) has been to be the "Connector". He wasn't playing poorly at all - but he also wasn't scoring goals.

15. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    I disagree to an extent. Yes, Bobby is not your usual #9 or even #10, but he is the connector, as Klopp calls him. The man who drops back, fights for the ball, gets moves started. His second against Leicester came from an interception/tackle in midfield.

But prior to the CWC, his game was off. Timing just that fraction, shots just that millimeter, passes just over/undercooked. His influence on games - his greatest strength - was not fully there.

But because Klopp is such a great man-manager who pretty much told him to keep on keepin’ on, he found his mojo again in Qatar. So it’s all good. Opposition teams beware!

Suss repped this.
  16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My god, you really are a joke pikas. How old are you -12, 13 maybe?

a week or so back, I had the temerity to disagree with you about Bobby's recent form. You had your view, I had mine. No big deal, I’d forgotten about it.

but you couldn’t accept that could you? the next time you post something – completely unrelated to Bobby - you included a snarky remark about me and how I might comment on it.

God knows why – I can only assume that you don’t like anyone disagreeing with you. That’s classic snowflake behaviour. Mind you – I guess you find being called a snowflake so hurtful you probably haven’t been able to sleep for a few days.

Where have I complained about you picking on me ffs? it’s the other way around!! Jeez almighty. And if you call me out for no reason – i.e, post like an idiot – expect me to make direct comments back, coz I will.

I suggest you tape that to your bathroom mirror and read it each morning. You need the advice.

LOL. I form my opinion of a players performance based on what I see. I couldn’t give a shit what the media say. I’ve never read the Daily Star in my life, but you apparently do.

Bobby was poor in the Salzburg game as far as I’m concerned, and had several below-par games prior to that. If you find a differing opinion so distressing, god help ya.

And, last of all, I have never linked my opinion of Bobby’s effectiveness on how many goals he scored so stop being so childish, if you can that is.