FC Salzburg vs Liverpool FC - CL - Dec 10 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Dec 8, 2019.

1. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You are arguing semantics here, and arguing on someone else's behalf. Personally when I read comments like "well out of form" I take that to mean the person is saying he was playing badly. Maybe they did not mean that and I misinterpreted it, but it does not seem to be from their responses.

Bobby, last night, had a good game.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...Champions-League-2019-2020-Salzburg-Liverpool

Look at the heat map, he was everywhere on the pitch, playing more like a midfielder than an attacker. In the game he was dropping into pockets to allow Keita and the full backs to attack. We played against one of the most attacking teams in the Champions league this season, this was the first game they failed to score in. Part of that was the responsibility Bobby had to track runners and buff up the midfield.

Attached Files:

2. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I’m with Pikas...Firmino hasn’t scored for a while... but that doesn’t mean he’s not playing well...or that he’s not a valuable member of the team
    I would agree that he could be rested... but I don’t think he’s out of form...

idreamofpikas repped this.
  3. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Am I the only one who would like us to sign Hwang

delaynomo and burning247 repped this.
  4. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    congrats to all LFC fas, we got what we want from this match and qualified to the next round.

i'm wondering how Salah wasted the many easy chances in this game and scored the most difficult one?? his last touch has been poor in the front of the net recently. he missed alone 4 or 5 goals in this match only. actually he doesn't deal seriously with any chance he gets.

5. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    then now after Liverpool become top of the group E. what team will play in the last 16?

6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    minamino

Navieko repped this.
  7. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real, Dortmund, athletico/leverkeusen, Lyon, shaktar/Zagreb/Atalanta

8. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he and minamino looked very good in both games against us. I'd need to know more about them before saying "sign them" though. (says the guy who rolled his eyes when we signed Robbo :) )

there must be half a stadium of scouts at each RBS game these days.

9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    difference of opinion I guess. but seems we all agree he could do with a rest at this point.

my last word .... Bobby being off form doesn't = he played badly, it just means he's not as effective as usual. his standards are very very high.

CB-West repped this.
  10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think last night you could make strong MOTM arguments for each of:
    Ali
    Virgil
    Hendo
    Keita
    Mane

Hard to pick just one of them. Fantastic team performance.

11. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Fair enough...

12. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #137 usscouse, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Hendo has hardly had a mention about his roll in the game yesterday. The one weak spot that pundits like to point out. (Usually after we've beaten their team.) Is the hole TAA leaves when he charges up the right wing. If his attack breaks down that's where the counter goes to. Then its also been pointed out that sometimes TAA isn't our best defender.

At times yesterday tho we had a lop sided 5 man backline with Hendo propping up our right side. He either. dropped inside of TAA or filled in when TAA went forward. Then he had to move back into his midfield roll when he was needed there.
    Obviously planned of course but he must have covered more than a couple of bruising miles during the game.

In the first half Salzburg almost got through our defense but they were like waves breaking on rocks. Lots of enthusiasm but our VVD lead defense held. In the second half, they flat ran out of ideas. Like I said yesterday, it started to look like the Bournemouth match then we went into the attacking control mode. Two nil up and we bring on Origi. Love it.

Their defense was fairly solid but face it. How many times did we get into one on ones and have goal scoring chances. Mane' and Mo could have saved us a lot of nervous tension. :)

All in all a good match for us tho. But we're going to have to take those chances if we're going to move on.

Suss, newterp, SamScouse and 1 other person repped this.
  13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This guy would pick Mane :)
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ol-rb-salzburg-christoph-freund-a9241671.html
    Mane has been brilliant for many months now, it’s just that the games when he isn’t the best player on the pitch are fewer and further between than ever. He has 13 goals and eight assists in 22 games this season, but just as important is his growing presence, the way he lurks in the shadows of a game carrying an uncontainable threat that could explode at any moment.

Navieko, usscouse and CB-West repped this.
  14. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Dang! Our whole team is awesome!

el-capitano, owian and usscouse repped this.
  15. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia

+1

16. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    the same thing i would say on Salah tbh

Samarkand and usscouse repped this.
  17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    true, but he's been carrying that ankle injury, looks like he's fully fit now though.

18. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    well said, a good read

19. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    maybe true..
    lets wait and see what happen in next matches. of course i hope both Firmino and Salah prove me wrong

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We're spoiled shits, aren't we?

21. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Exactly.... jeeeez... what is wrong with people??
    He had a couple of off touches - it was a friggin' cold night, guys! - other than that he was a pretty vital cog in a pretty sharp machine, i thought. Count the amount o ftimes he, Wijnaldum and Naby dug us intricately out of pressure and put us on the front foot.... Mane and Salah don;t go streaming up the pitch half as much without that stuff happening...

Access to the internet and forums,etc, just tends to make people more hyper-critical, I feel.... Every minor blemish is ridiculously amplified...

22. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    nope!
    you're not ....

23. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Maybe. Definitely, the element of predictability in football isn't as high as people allow themselves to assume (with the help of the repetitive internet)....

24. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Entitled..!

25. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #150 zaqualung, Dec 11, 2019