FC Kansas City vs Seattle Reign FC August 2, 2014

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by CometsFan, Aug 1, 2014.

1. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    lunatica and FCKCEvans repped this.
  2. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
  3. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wow no Robinson, Mathias, or Marlborough as available subs...

4. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Mistweet. Mathias there and available

5. MTay

MTay Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Robinson is at a friend's wedding according to her twitter. Mathias is listed as a sub. Not sure where Marlborough is.

6. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm out of town so I didn't get to see the game, and had to follow @bluesgameday. Any insight is welcome. A 1-1 tie at home isn't a great result IMO bc the only starter we were missing is Robinson while they sat Winters (red card), Naho and their center back the majority of the match.

7. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KC has no one to blame but themselves. They dominated the first half, but had several chances that should have been put away.

8. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Don't fret, this game could have easily ended up 4-1 in favor of KC if both Arod and Hagen didn't bottle their 1-1 chances. Hope also had to stand on her head most of the game.

FCKCEvans repped this.
  9. King Creole

King Creole Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Took my daughter and wife to the game, and my 11-year-0ld daughter had a great time (as did my wife and I). Great game. Up and back, played at a high level. Hope Solo at 80 percent (or less, based on it looked like she was about to be subbed) is still the world's best GK. Her first-half stop on Lauren Holiday was nothing short of remarkable.

Nicole Barnhart had some outstanding saves as well. Could have easily been a 3-3 game with some better luck and accuracy. A-Rod should have had at least two goals.

On a side note, I loved how the players signed autographs and took pictures for a long time after the match. Even the superstars. My daughter was one of the last to get an autograph/pic with Megan Rapinoe, and her smile was just as wide as it was probably for the first person. Sydney Leroux, Lauren Holiday, Barnhart, all of them. Even Hope Solo signed a handful on her way to the bus.