FC Gold Pride folding

Discussion in 'FC Gold Pride' started by NorthbankHighbury, Oct 31, 2010.

1. SalsaVerdeFC

SalsaVerdeFC New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're going to miss you guys too,Karyn. Also please thank Mel Ryburn for all her work with the academy.

2. Druid Squirrel

Dec 15, 2000
    A hollow tree
    Wow, first Sinclair signs for WNY and now the FCGP forum moves to the Expansion forum. It's suddenly hitting home that this whole "folding" thing is not a joke. Very sad...

3. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, I'm very sad to see it fold so fast, and I am wondering what the latest announcements about the LA consortium establishing two teams, one in OC and one in Bay Area really means.

In my wildest imagination, I see a 2, then 3, then six team alliance emerging out of the WPSL in 2012, with LA (OC), Bay Area, San Diego, Seattle/ Vancouver, and Denver or Portland being the initial players. Many of the the WPSL teams on the west coast have been pretty fluid, but if they solidly establish themselves with pro players, it could happen out here.

I'm pretty excited about this, and think that if they can really get things going out here, that a number of clubs could move up to the WPS in future years.

4. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Y'all, I'm sorry for dropping the forum so quickly. :eek: I try to give folded teams a little more time before doing that, but as I was already having the admin add the Flash forum, I thought he could go ahead and move this one down.

5. FCGoldPrideGM

FCGoldPrideGM New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Wow, we are now an official sub-forum. Oh well, I guess it is time. So I wanted to thank those of you on the forum - reading, writing, conversing, exclaiming, about all things soccer and FCGP. It was a wild ride - one I know none of us wanted to get off. I'll be finishing up in the next few weeks - and then, who knows. Keep up the fight for women's soccer! See you in the stands! Ilisa

6. SalsaVerdeFC

SalsaVerdeFC New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So today the Fire announced they are sitting out the 2011 season to re-group and return in 2012.
    Wny couldn't FCGP go this route ? Did I miss something ?

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is that the FCGP ownership was tapped out money & energy wise and/or didn't want to try and continue. Did you read the interview NeSmith gave Jeff Kassouf?

8. SalsaVerdeFC

SalsaVerdeFC New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I read the interview and re-read it again. I guess the NeSmiths were just too tapped out to even think of sitting out 2011.