FC Frisco Trip 09/30

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Art Vandaley, Sep 17, 2007.

1. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Holy shlt. That's the Inferno? And that's during a derby. I'm flying up to Dallas to buy a car tomorrow, and considered catching the US Open Cup final, but don't want to be the only one in the stadium.

2. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ain't that the Truth! Rep'd

3. houston_gunner

houston_gunner New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Houston
    Does anyone have a good picture of the TA/EB from across the field. We need to show them some pictures before they start saying they outnumbered us. Maybe if you piled the 5-7 thousand unused tickets that were sold, you could get another inferno member that would be just as loud.

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I'll tell you this, there isn't an Inferno member that was there on Sunday that would claim we outnumbered you guys. If there is one, he/she needs to have their eyes checked. No one is making that claim, that I'm aware of.

Yes, we are small. But at least we don't destroy property.

5. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither did TA/EB.

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    A Dallas fan playing the moral superiority angle? Who woulda thunk it.

7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Chair broke itself? Wall spray painted itself? Families that were verbally harassed imagined it all? M'kay.

8. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Texgator, you ban us from the Dallas forums and then come over here to say things that you know nothing about. Unless you were standing in 132, you don't know what happened and you shouldn't go around claiming you do.

9. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    the chair did break itself, anything else is a lie.

10. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, those crazy Magnolia's allegedly broke it

We had no spray paint with us....this time :D We (TA and EB leaders) made a point to people NOT to bring it. If that did indeed happen in Frisco on Sunday, it wasn't by anyone in the TA or EB.

Yeah...us cheerin all those kids for booing us really is harassment :rolleyes:

I was proud of those little kids booin us and sayin "Houston sux". They showed more passion than you guys did. Their parents loved it and were laughing. How do I know this? I was on the front row and talkin to one of them and clappin them on.

Now, I will admit that we did do one thing that was questionably unethical...and that's cuss in front of kids, in both English and Spanish. However, those chants and lyrics were for Dallas in general (English) and Sala in particular (Spanish). Gotta say that Sala took it well and was clappin the whole time and actually knew the lyrics and was singing along. He had this big grin on his face. Good sport....when he's not punching people ;)

11. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Who said I was simply refering to this time? So it's okay that you only spray painted the place once? M'kay.

12. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, just setting the record straight. Wouldn't want you looney Dallassites to get confused by our "broken English" down here.

13. deathbeforedallas

Jul 19, 2006
    Tarjeta Amarilla!!!!!

14. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, it is not ok.

15. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    He that is free of sin, let him throw the first stone. I learned that last Sunday :p

Oh, and that La Pescadita can double as a piñata at birthday parties.

16. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You ban all Houston posts from your forum (maybe even for legitimate reasons) but then you come over here to post and talk crap? Seriously? Go back to your Dallas forum and fellate your fellow Dallas fans while you discuss how classy you are. You know...the same ones that threw bottles and objects on the field...the same ones that threw bottles at two Houston ladies who weren't even standing with TA/EB...the same ones that thought it was a good idea to taunt TA/EB without provocation to start a fight. At least the latter got what he wanted.

I'd rather have a group that's big and makes a huge effort to support their team with a few people who get out of control than a small group that apparently can't even be asked to show up and watch their team in their own damn stadium. It's pathetic that we consistently double your numbers every game in Dallas.

17. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    "We're only here for Toby Mac." -Lady in the family who mistakenly bought tickets in TA/EB.

don't worry, they left not after my friendly advise, but after noticing the high number of minorities in the section.

18. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

People these days. Jeeze.

Reminds me of that guy before the game with two sons who was talking to security. I think he had tix in our section and wanted to sit there, but didn't think it was a good idea. Seemed he wanted us removed but the guard said to hell with that. The dude moved elsewhere :D

19. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well said, and really I do not see how anyone can disagree. I do understand where they come from, the whole "well at least we don't ______" argument. Honestly, I would say the same thing to try and legitimize my group.

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    We do show up....there just aren't many of us. I honestly don't get the concept of ridiculing the few committed hardcore fans in Dallas that do show up. Shouldn't your criticism lie with those that DON'T? The same people that we in the Inferno also criticize, right? At the end of the day, I go to games, I have a good time with my friends in our small group, we sing and support the Hoops. Sorry that we aren't "big" enough for you...but we still enjoy ourselves. I guess you feel you need to be surrounded by like minded people to validate what you do in your freetime. Kind of sad, if you think about it.

21. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not think anybody is questioning your love for your team, or that of anyone in your group.

22. Orange1836

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    some movement in your group would be nice.

and yeah, have y'all done any heavy recruiting? seems like you have a chance to put something decent together...

23. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Well, except for the post right above which claims we can't be bothered to show up. Please, the TA/EB undeserved ego-ists are constantly belittling the few commited fans that have been through hell and back with this club for 12 years. While they've "dealt" with one season of championship success. Don't get me wroing, I applaud the Houston fanbase for getting up and running right away. I'm glad that instead of being another mediocre market like Columbus, Colorado or Dallas that the league has gotten better with the addition. I just think you all could drop the superiority complex down a few notches.

24. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I don't even know what that means.

Wow...recruiting...we never thought of that. Thanks....we'll get right on it. :rolleyes:

25. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    We'll do that just as soon as you stop the holier than though attitude. Or in other words when hell freezes over.

You came to our forums to talk trash and now you are crying that we're picking on you too much? If you can't take it stay on the Dallas forums where you can censor any opposing view points.