News: FC Dallas Returns to TXA21 for 27 Games in 2018

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by profiled, Feb 14, 2018.

1. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  2. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  3. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Give the Hunts a lot of (rightful) shit about being cheap but they get kudos for continuing to pony up for the local TV air time.

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. Always happy when the away games are on air and love it even more when it's all in the same spot and no channel hopping. really like the Followill / Davis pairing as well. Wonder how many games Followill will miss with Mav's games?

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fact I'd love to see a comparison on how it is to be a fan of each team. categories off the top of my head are

1.Team quality
    2.Team style of play,
    3.Stadium overall with sub categories of
    a. site lines
    b. pro shop
    c .concessions
    d. atmosphere
    4. Price of tickets
    5. Academy
    6. Tailgates
    7. FO ticket reps
    8. TV Package
    a. home
    b. away

I'm sure I don't have them all but some involve trade-offs like great atmosphere results in no tickets or pricey tickets. I'd say FCD is decent on a lot of those except the stadium atmosphere type stuff which helps my budget. I know I love good tailgates and lots of places don't have that. Team has been good for awhile now and plenty of good kids on or on the way up from local places. With the new HOF end zone making the stadium look better I think all it take was a real roof to make the place jump into the top quarter of spots in the league.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, that's the most frustrating part. We could make Toyota a really tough place to come play FCD at with just a little more effort from the FO. I avoid Colin County like the plague when it doesn't involve going to FCD games or my Dad's house but that's partly because there's a metric ass-ton of people there now. Which means FCD has no excuse to not pull 20,000 screamers into Toyota.

Look at me, beating this dead horse again. I'll go back to work now.

...but seriously, tear down that ugly f ucking stage. Please. I know, revenue, blah blah blah. There's gotta be a work around. Hey, if we can't have the stadium in Dallas (county), let's at least make Toyota look as little like Frisco as possible. The HOF seats are a good start (even if the HOF concept is not my favorite in general).

8. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will miss time during WC18 as well. He was a prominent PbP for MLS on Fox last year and I expect he will be doing games from Russia as well this summer.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always wondered why they didn't do roll out bleachers like HS auditoriums have for basketball games. Just press a button and viola! 5,000 seats!

10. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like his work and hope he gets a WC detail. It has the added benefit of making it harder to criticize soccer locally when such a well known and regarded sportscaster does lots of soccer too.

Kermmy803 repped this.