FC Dallas/Dallas Burn: A History in Kits/Jerseys

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Feb 16, 2017.

1. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh, the curtain is too open ;). I'll rest on my thoughts of Adidas and the FO scrambling 3 weeks ahead of cocktails and cleats to finalize the new kit :ROFLMAO:

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My big kit-related demand is this:

Wear the white shorts more often at home, please. They did it a few times at the beginning of the season, but tailed off as the season wore on. It's a much better look than the all-red look.

chazsoccer, Rufiolo and burning247 repped this.
  3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree but am not sure they get to pick or MLS does. Sure seems the home team names theirs then the visitors wear something that doesn't clash. Bet that's not how it's done though.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is there any rhyme or reason to how it's done? We were wearing white shorts against another team with white shorts last season. What caused them to go full red so much in the 2nd half of the season?

5. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Idea was to avoid uniform clash. So when a team came to town that wears white shorts and doesn't have an alternate (PDX), Dallas would wear their red shorts - but I was told later the shorts portion of the assignment was somewhat up to the club and someone was decided at the team level they preferred the all red. I receive the official assignment graphic each week from the league - dictating who is supposed to wear what shirt/short/socks combo - and in the last 1/4 of the season it was either changed late or the teams didn't meet it 100%. So, that's a lot to say - I'm not sure anyone can exactly explain it.

chazsoccer and ElJefe repped this.
  6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So it's a typical MLS shit show. Gotcha.

ElJefe repped this.