FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    It was storming in the afternoon and rain went on and off all night so I was soaked. Why it is important to sell tickets before as conditions can keep significant amount of people away. I do admire anyone that showed up.

I brought a friend who has never attended a soccer match and he came away impressed stating he loved lack of time outs and commercial breaks and fact the crowd generates the enthusiasm. He may not be completely sold on the sport, but he definitely wanted to attend another match this year when it wasn't so rainy.

CrazyJ628, Tobias C and FootySkeptic repped this.
  2. CincyPool1213

CincyPool1213 New Member

May 2, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Started following soccer about two years ago, prior to the World Cup. Picked an EPL team after the WC (I'm sure you can guess which one based on my username) and fell in love with the game. Went to the Saturday night game in the rain against Wilmington and I plan on going back many times this summer. Excited for the prospect of soccer's importance in the Queen City!

3. barbudo

barbudo New Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We're going to humiliate Pittsburgh.

I am so ready.

4. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting - your profile says you're a Columbus Crew supporter and you take a shot at their USL affiliate. You obviously (& rightfully so) support FCC and live in Cinci. This is awesome - the fact that so many cities are experiecning pro soccer at various levels and the sport continues to grow. New allegiances are being made and old allegiances being tested by newcomers. What a great time to be a fan of the sport in the US.

Blando13 repped this.
  5. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG]
    Two points

1. Very ambitious goal of 25,000 for Pittsburgh match likely means marketing push and promotions.
    2. Club name being stated as Fußball Club Cincinnati is new development. I'm with it as is a German city.

6. CincyPool1213

CincyPool1213 New Member

May 2, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Saw this, RT'ed it on Twitter, and relayed to all my soccer supporting friends. Hoping for a big turn out. And hopefully they are right with this being a huge rivalry. I wasn't there for the Louisville game but I'm sure it had a rivalry feeling as well.

7. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Big weather delay meant I could not stay up to watch second half which is a shame as Cincinnati rallied from down 1-0 to win 1-3 in Orlando.

It is concerning we keep conceding goals every match, but I cannot complain too much about another valuable 3 points gained.

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    The fact we are Crew fans and support FC Cincinnati against their usl affiliate is not surprising. Some of us have supported the Crew since their inception. Pittsburgh has been an affiliate only this season,we have lived in south west Ohio 60 plus years. Good luck FC Cincinnati!!

10. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    FC Cincinnati unveiled their tertiary kit today, it will debut in play on the 14th against Pittsburgh.

[​IMG]

I went to buy one, and my size of medium is already sold out and several other sizes have fewer than ten remaining. Happy about the demand, but I wanted one of these. Maybe get more in soon.

11. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Draw last night a Harrisburg 1-1 is mildly disappointing, but over all still pleased with how inaugural season is going thus far.

[​IMG]

Moving on to Pittsburgh the "Orange Out" campaign is going strong with that lofty goal of 25,000 now needing 15,000 more tickets sold to achieve. This is the earliest 10,000 has been announced so encouraging sign 20,000 is possible.

Also, they did restock Orange kit so ordered mine in preparation for Saturday.

12. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I actually like the "orange" unis better than the standard blue ones and blue is my favorite color. To me, FC Cincy's unis ranked in order are White > Orange > Blue

13. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I think of an "anything out," I typically think of total one-color, or at least minor accents of another. There's a LOT of blue in those "orange out" kits.

FootySkeptic repped this.
  14. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Agreed, perhaps All orange would resemble the Dutch national team uniforms a bit too much?

15. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh...every uniform can resemble another team's uniform, especially now that everything is a template.

16. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I'd love that personally as always admired the Dutch look.

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2016 LH USOC
    May 11 in Westfield, IN
    Indy Eleven NPSL 1
    Cincinnati Dutch Lions (PDL) 0.

Vincent Mitchellscored in the first half and then Indy waited out a 118-minute delay to prevail.
    It will play FC Cincinnati in the second round.

18. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    US Open Cup - Third Round Draw

Indy Eleven (NPSL) / FC Cincinnati (USL) winner @ Tampa Bay (NASL)

19. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati

15,000+ tickets have now been sold for Saturday's match. Excited to see how high number ends up by kick off.

20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    much more interested to see if you can draw over 5K for the upcoming LH USOC match on the 18th...

21. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'd say 5,000 might be doable.

22. GloryhuntingMuppet

Mar 16, 2009
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Getting over 500 people to actually show up for the Open Cup will be the challenge. A ticket for the cup match was included in the season ticket package. FC has sold over 5000 season tickets so of course that is number that will be reported.

msilverstein47 repped this.
  23. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I would expect a very low crowd, but as you say they've technically already sold 5,000-6,000 tickets for every match including the USOC one so the report will likely be 6,000 and change even if stadium is practically empty outside of the Bailey.

msilverstein47 repped this.
  24. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG]

5,000 more to go!

25. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Not quite 25,000, but...
    [​IMG]
    ...is still very impressive

It was cloudy and fifty degrees, so maybe if it had been seventy might have broke 25,000. Season isn't over yet, so we shall see.

On the match itself was our best defensive performance with a clean sheet. Very hard working win.