FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    I miss john harkes....will we ever find out what really happened?

2. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    sorry for your loss. with Columbus moving I think that it's all but certain that fc cincy is getting a team. Austin will play in the west. that creates the need for 3 in the east 1 in the west (1 in the east starting the 2019 season)

3. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    and why the ******** do we not have a team page yet....you have teams who draw like 100 fans a game with a team page but not one for a team drawing 35 k to some games?

4. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Speculation: Arguments behind the scenes over control of the club. Koch is a more agreeable manager for Berding.

Harkes may mention it sometime down the road, he seems in good spirits at the RFK Farewell event and watching his kids play in MLS or NCAA.

Cincy Liverpool fan repped this.
  5. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    From my experience Reddit and Facebook are where most FCC fans are with active communities. The thread here is often inactive, but it would be nice to have our own sub forum like other clubs.

Cincy Liverpool fan repped this.
  6. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't place any bets on A) Columbus leaving for sure and/or B) FC Cincinnati getting in.

There's a whole lot of time left for it all to unfold. We're almost a month out from there being expansion news, which is supposed to happen at some point in December.

Nashville, Detroit, Tampa, and North Carolina all hold very intriguing positions for MLS.

7. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    He is that guy who shows up at every town hall screaming about soccer being a communist plot. Fc cincy asked for negotiations not to be made public till they had finished negotiating, the guy flipped shit because news leaked that they are planning on establishing a temporary sales tax to pay for the new road construction to the facility, foodies & hotels that were being built. If he screws their county out of that beautiful practice facility west Chester will gladly take it. We wanted it big time to begin with.

9. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG]

Already making good progress with months to go.

10. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Merchandise sale today and tomorrow. I plan on going tomorrow, but given the lines and high demand being reported by so many not sure be much of anything left.

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @fccincinnati announces it will 100% privately finance their new soccer stadium

Traumer repped this.
  12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.socceramerica.com/publi...-mayor-bids-to-end-impasse-over-soccer-s.html

11 hours ago
    FC Cincinnati received support from Cincinnati mayor John Cranley to close the gap in funding for infrastructure work -- roads, parking, improvements -- it needs to build the soccer stadium it deems essential to win an MLS expansion bid.

FC Cincinnati -- which appears to be in a three-way fight with Sacramento and Nashville for the two MLS expansion teams to be awarded in mid-December -- has proposed building a 21,000-seat stadium and paying for it itself. But it says it needs help paying for $70 million-$75 million in infrastructure work.

13. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at other articles on the web, the city seems to sure want the team to play at PaulBrown.
    Could it be the stadium sits empty most of year and they are making payments on it?
    I understand the city paid for an NFL & MLB stadiums, on the hook for most of payments and probably really want the MLS team to pay rent and help out on the payments?
    Could it be why FCC went to UofC instead?
    Its another plastic, NFL field stadium. Is it even wide enough? FCC worked with UofC to widen their field.
    I believe its large than even the UofC stadium.
    IF MLS and the FCC owners stick to wanting a SSS, I think Cincy may miss out on this round of expansion.
    Then again, i am loosing some faith in Garber as we now have Atlanta in a NFL stadium to go along with SEA, NE and other plastic fields in VAN & PDX. Don't need another.
    Thank god that LAFC- MINN- DC and most likely MIA will come in with grass and SSS.
    SAC & NASH seem to have checked off all the boxes- supportive city, stadium sites, financing.

14. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Paul Brown was never an option, county knew that months ago and much of this was theatre because a segment of people in the area hear "stadium" and get angry quick due to how bad the Bengals burned them. FC Cincinnati is paying 100% of stadium construction and upkeep, it is nothing like the Bengals debacle.

Right now the issue is making the infrastructure costs work for the Oakley site and there is a gap in city and county funding. The stadium is 21,000 (expandable to 25,000 and 30,000 down the road) and grass field. Votes are due next week and people seem optimistic can make it work. We will know by December 4th when the bid is finalized where we stand and on the 14th if we will be in MLS in 2020.

Right now the past few months have been such a rollercoaster that I've made peace with every eventuality. Club did everything they could to give best possible bid, if that's not enough and Nashville wins out, so be it.

15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet they postpone the announcement.

ThePonchat repped this.
  18. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Cincinnati just took a hit on Sunday night, Oakley Community Council voted unanimously to reject a stadium plan (Governor Cranley's to be specific).

Strange to me, but no one was really talking about the Oakley Community Council and how they could/should respond. Seemed like that was a missed opportunity for FCC supporters. All the focus has gone towards Hamilton County Commissioners. Around 11am, Hamilton County Commissioners have their vote.

Not sure what to make of the separation between Oakley and Hamilton County.

19. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Today is a big day in terms of votes and how this goes. I'm not getting hopes up after all the twists and turns of the past month.

20. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Early report is the stadium deal has the votes. City Council to pass it this morning, unless there's changes.

21. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati

Very tense today, but it barely passed, now onto Wednesday and the final vote.

Zoidberg repped this.
  22. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    In a radio interview Berding stated the club has achieved its goal of 15,000 season ticket holders for 2018. This is ahead of schedule so we will see it climb even higher, not sure about a cap yet.

Safe to say all the stadium talk hasn't diminished fan interest.

2016 - ~5,500
    2017 - ~11,000
    2018 - 15,000+

23. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love your off-season signings so far.

Damn you.

Glad you're in the east.

Cincy Liverpool fan and BlueCrimson repped this.
  24. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG]
    I am honestly starting to get excited we are building a title contender for 2018. On paper the talent is there, just see how these guys play together.