FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    No way to spin the awful result from Saturday. We were outplayed from the first minute and it never stopped as it spiraled into worst match in club history.

As great as the open cup run has been after past few poor week in the league we find ourselves again on the bubble of making the playoffs. I'm not sure how much resources can be expended next year to ensure we are better. I don't know specifics, but we easily outspent Louisville this year and yet get blasted 5-0 there. We are far too inconsistent to expect much out of this year.

Could we make a deep playoff run? Sure. Could we get blown out in the first round? Also a distinct possibility.

In any event onto Tuesday and a huge semi final match against New York where be back in the Bailey singing for our boys.

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final of #USOC2017 will be broadcast LIVE on @ESPN (2) & @ESPN Deportes at 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on Sept. 20

3. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our run to the Open Cup is unfortunately over, but no shame in going out at this stage.

NaBUru38 repped this.
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was one heckuva match

5. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I'll remember this cup run for a long time. We may have come up short, but I have nothing but love and respect for the players who fought so hard every match of this competition. It hurts to lose, but I am proud of FC Cincinnati.

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you may have lost...but you won my heart

7. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched the entire game and FCC did well against a first string NYRB line up. Nothing to be ashamed of. I thought you might win it until BWP slipped a couple of goals in. I was really hoping for FCC to come to Kansas City because it would be a lot more interesting match up and give FCC some exposure to a national tv audience.

BlueCrimson repped this.
  8. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    In league play we've been inconsistent at best and just poor at worst. Being blown out two weeks in a way mean playoffs are back in doubt.

I know the Open Cup has been magical, but league play has been a big step down from 2016 and has me worried.

9. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Open Cup gave FCC fans some rose colored glasses.

Sure, it was a great run. FCC hasn't been the only team to make a run like that in the history of the Cup, but it is the latest and it happened to a team that has a lot of fanfare going its way. But, it's not like the games were that "glorious" in terms of play. Defended hard, major positive. The attack was rather poor (4 1-0 games and a 0-0 game). Emotion was high because of the knockout setup, which is great.

It'll be interesting to see the back part of the season finish up. FCC has the second easiest schedule remaining in USL. Have to grab points where they can.

10. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    We desperately needed those three points against Ottawa. Now get a rest finally to recharge for playoff push. All these matches are winnable, but we have to be focused to avoid dropping points and missing playoffs.

11. FCC Liverpool

FCC Liverpool New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 11, 2017
    How has this Mitch sign not been made into a tshirt? I would think it would sell well and could be a money maker for someone with the right resources and time.

[​IMG]

12. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I don't see any image in your post FCC Liverpool.

13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    6 replies95 retweets306 likes

hipityhop repped this.
  14. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still have a week to go! OVER 30K?

15. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    We're just so predictable in attack lacking options. A draw was not good enough and we have to win this Saturday or I really am concerned finish 9th or worse.

16. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG]

Going to be a tense few weeks as last three playoff spots are going to be a battle. A win at Saint Louis would be huge to secure a spot for Cincinnati.

17. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Ticket prices will increase for 2018 season. Now to see if club can do this and still push number form current 11,000 to desired 15,000. I wouldn't bet against it as the increases are not too bad.

18. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I forgot to say price increases are $3-$5 increase from 2017.

New structure is
    $10 - General
    $15 - Family
    $20 - Bailey
    $20 - Zone 2
    $35 - Zone 1
    $50 - Club
    $60 - Premium

19. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Win against Charlotte aided playoff chances as now it seems like a matter of 6th, 7th, or 8th rather than getting in. Still work to be done, but we have the ability to get 4-6 points to close out the season.

20. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leak/"Breaking news" out of Nashville reports that Nashville receives MLS expansion and will begin play in 2019.

If this is true, it lowers FCC's chances, in my opinion.

21. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCC wasn't going to get in this time anyway. I figured it would be Sac and Detroit this round and Cincy and Nashville next.

22. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adding 3 in the east and 1 in the west?

23. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's coming out of the West? Reasonably? SD is not happen anytime soon with SDSU not wanting to cooperate with Soccer City. With the temps in AZ, I think Phoenix is a longshot. Has anyone heard anything out of San Antonio since they put in their bid? That what happens when there are more population and major cities in the East.

24. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sacramento, to me, is pretty much a lock.

I think Phoenix has a great shot. San Antonio is a big possibility in with Phoenix getting the second [west] spot.

Here's my prediction in the 4 spots left:
    2017 - Nashville
    2017 - Sacramento
    2018 - Detroit
    2018 - Phoenix/San Antonio

IF Beckham United doesn't come in, that opens up another spot in the East (I believe). That would put Tampa OR North Carolina in the mix. Very possible that Tampa or North Carolina gets a spot that Detroit has. Again, all this is just my opinion and predictions.

25. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Didn't expect much out of the playoffs, but getting beat down by Tampa was deflating. Lots of excuses all around, but for me Koch can only explain away so much of 2017 before accountability kicks in. This off season will see huge turn over in players with handful coming back. We need to desperately do something about central midfield and attack.

Of course the other big news will be MLS and stadium updates. I think we're 50/50 at this point and now just wait and see.