FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    #426 Dan Milton, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017

2. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Field is not THAT narrow. It measures 110x70.

It fits the minimum of each FIFA regulation. Numerous fields in England measure 110:
    • Anfield - 110x75
    • Goodison - 110x74
    • White Hart Lane - 110x73
    • Upton Park - 110x70
    • King Power - 110x76
    Heck, only Man City and Hull City have seen fields near 80 wide (78 each). Most fields measure around 115x75 -- my rough average.

At least we [hopefully] won't see this anymore in American soccer:
    [​IMG]

3. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    200+ traveling supporters going to Miami today. Be a tough match, but glad to see Cincinnati will be represented on the road.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  4. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AZUL GALAXY repped this.
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Cyclops1776

Cyclops1776 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
  7. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Great week coming off victories at home against Richmond and on the road against Louisville.

I wouldn't say the Louisville match was our best performance, but it may end up being our most important one this year. We've been poor all year away from Nippert, so to go somewhere that is a fortress this year and put three on the board is huge. Also, the two goals we conceded were a penalty and an odd late own goal. It does drive home value of a cushion as up 1-2 that would have been devastating way to drop two points.

We finally have the midweek off (no travel or match I mean) and play against an in form Harrisburg. This run of three home matches and the USOC match coming up are criticial for how 2017 will play out for FCC.

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Cincinnati notch their third league win in a row, dominating against Harrisburg, and move up to 5th in the Eastern Conference with 30 points. First-place Charleston Battery have 35, and the second- through fourth-place teams have either 31 or 32.

10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    It is really hot and storms in the area, so well done to players for not losing focus due to two weather delays and well down to 18,000+ showing up to support.

I'm now saying 60% to make playoffs with this recent turn in form. We looked much better in attack and I like Djiby and Konig playing off one another.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  12. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I'm at a lost here. You cannot really take anything from this match given how it descended into a farce. I really don't like blaming an official, but it was clear that he lost control, made it about himself and had it out for us. I've never in my life said that in soccer and I've seen some bad matches.

We can complain and feel wronged, but the fact is one match cannot ruin our season and have to pick ourselves back up for the Open Cup and league this coming week.

13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2017 LH USOC 0-0 at the half

14. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Traumer repped this.
  15. mclip_66

mclip_66 Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Got my tickets already for 8/15. Go FCC and Go San Jose!

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #441 msilverstein47, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    can we get ESPN coverage again and a complete sell-out...40K???
    I'm thinking positive...

WrongSideOfThePond‏ @wrongsideofpond 9h9 hours ago
    #FCCincy:
    1) beat D4 champs
    2) beat USL rival
    3) beat MLS club up road
    4) beat in-form MLS side
    5) beat NASL spring champs

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  17. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    This is now beyond surreal. I never thought we'd beat Columbus or Chicago or Miami, and yet here we are playing New York in a semi final. The biggest take away is how disciplined we are defensively and how big Mitch is for us. The only path we have had is the one Koch set out for us. Defend, get a goal, and dig in. For us to have a chance against New York I fully expect more of the same mentality. We may not win, but I am so proud of what we've achieved already.

18. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    http://www.fccincinnati.com/news_article/show/819948?referrer_id=2577005

CINCINNATI, OH --- FC Cincinnati head coach Alan Koch and assistant coach Yoann Damet have signed multi-year contract extensions, as announced by President and General Manager Jeff Berding.

“After going through an initial period of adjustment to a new technical staff and playing style, we are seeing the results we expected,” said Berding. “The team is extremely cohesive, playing great soccer and we’ve seen some terrific performances in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Reaching the semifinal and positioning ourselves to compete for a home USL playoff match are indicators that we are continuing to move in the right direction, not only for 2017 but for future seasons. Alan and his staff prepare the team well on a daily basis, have brought top available talent to FCC and have managed our personnel to put us in the best position to succeed.”

Since assuming the role of head coach, Koch has bolstered the club with the additions of scoring leader Djiby, who has 23 points on 11 goals and an assist. He brokered a trade with OKC Energy FC to obtain Danni König, who is second on the team with seven goals in eight starts as well as adding former Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte and FC Barcelona product Josu. Most recently, Koch has added Bundesliga veteran, Kevin Schindler, as well as Kyle Greig to provide additional options up top. The additions were rounded out by defender Sem de Wit who joined the club from Whitecaps FC 2.

“On behalf of Yoann and myself we are greatly appreciative to Carl H. Lindner III, the ownership group as well as President Jeff Berding for their willingness to entrust us with their fantastic club” said Koch. “We continue to put blocks in place this year towards building something incredibly special, and it shows in how our team continues to improve every week on the pitch. Leading the Orange and Blue is an incredible honor and something that we put all of our energy into every day. We appreciate the support from the club and the fans, and look forward to continued success as we move forward.”

FCC has garnered national and international headlines, most recently following its win on ESPN against Chicago Fire SC in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on June 28 in front of over 32,000 fans at Nippert Stadium. The Orange and Blue are one of the final four teams in the tournament and will host New York Red Bulls on Aug. 15 at Nippert Stadium. In USL play, FCC recently posted a three-game win streak, a first for the young club and since a loss in May to Orlando City B, have mounted a 6-3-3 record. The team, sitting at 8-7-6 overall hosts OCB this Sat. at 7:00 p.m. at Nippert Stadium.

------------------------------------------------

I was hesitant at first, but I can see Koch's tactical nuance as the season has gone on. He's not going to play free flowing offensive soccer, but is effective and in one off situations he has shown to be brilliant.

19. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on getting to the semi-finals (along with the host duties). You guys have a great shot at getting to the finals!

Traumer repped this.
  20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I would curious as to top 25 USL regular season match attendance. We may have almost all of those slots now.

23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    So somewhere between 34,000 and 36,000 total with 16,000+ sold in one day of sale to general public.

25. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Nippert news

_-------------

CINCINNATI - The University of Cincinnati Department of Athletics announced the upcoming installation of a new LED video display at Nippert Stadium for the 2017 football season.

Nearly four times larger than the size of the existing active video display area, the new end zone display from Daktronics measures 31 feet high by 114 feet wide. The display is the same quality and model installed by the Cincinnati Reds in right field of Great American Ball Park prior to the 2015 MLB All-Star Game. It features a 13HD pixel layout for excellent image clarity, contrast, wide-angle visibility to ensure a great view from any seat within Nippert Stadium and industry-leading environmental protection.

Nippert Stadium's current standard-definition videoboard was installed in 2005.

"The new videoboard is a great enhancement to Nippert Stadium," Head Coach Luke Fickell said. "UC is committed to giving its great fans the best gameday experience possible. It gives us the ability to impact fans, recruits and visitors to campus all year long. I am excited to see construction get started this month."

The display will be capable of variable content zoning, which allows it to show one large image or multiple different zones to show any combination of live video, instant replays, up-to-the-minute statistics, game-day graphics and animations, and sponsorship messages.

The videoboard will be installed this summer prior to the season-opening football game against Austin Peay on August 31.

The project was made possible by a gift from longtime UC supporters Carl and Martha Lindner. Longtime multimedia rights holder IMG College also contributed to the project.

Additional enhancements to the in-game experience at Nippert Stadium will be announced as they are finalized

---------------

Old scoreboard is down, not sure what date exactly the new one will be up.