FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Red card situation is getting ridiculous. Cannot build much down a man and constantly shifting the line up.

FCC 2016 through 7 games
    4-2-1 13 points
    GF - 12
    GA - 9
    RC - 0

FCC 2017 through 7 games
    2-3-2 8 points
    GF - 8
    GA - 7
    RC - 4

Need to get this sorted and find someone to score goals.

2. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Craven suspended for four matches, this is just sad. Can we go two matches without sabotaging ourselves this year?

3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charlie Hatch Retweeted AFC Cleveland
    FC Cincinnati to host AFC Cleveland in the #USOC2017.
    The last time Cleveland played here was a trophy match with the Cincinnati Saints.

5. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Had a couple days to cool off from Saturday's match.

I am not one to blame officials, I don't think we deserved anything better than 0-0 on the day given how we played. That said, the official's record of cards in his four USL matches is something I think the league should review. It was a miserable match full of constant stops and odd decisions.

Focusing back on things we can control there is something deeply wrong and troubling about FC Cincinnati right now. Outside of the Saint Louis match every performance this year has been lacking. Five goals in those eight matches has us on track to not only get to the magical "62" goal, but well off our 2016 pace. Simply put, if things don't change we will miss the playoffs and if that happens I could see the beginning of a death spiral. Cincinnati, like many cities, is starved for a winner, for something to be proud of in sports. FC Cincinnati has a limited window and after making a brilliant first impression has struggled thus far.

People keep saying "it's early" and "plenty of matches left", but at what point does dropping points and impotent attack stop becoming "part of the process" and becomes the new normal of being a mediocre side?

6. PassiveOffsides

PassiveOffsides New Member

FC Cincinnati
    United States
    May 15, 2017
    Agree on the inconsistent officiating.

Any one else notice the correlation between the abrupt removal of John Harkes and an undisciplined poorly coached team plummeting out of control? Sad.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will we ever learn the reason why Harkes was dismissed?

8. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    #333 Traumer, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    I doubt anytime soon, but best bet is he and Berding had a clash over control and direction of the club.

My personal feeling is Berding took USL too lightly after seeing how well we did in 2016 and thought spend some more money, get a coach that shows little to no emotion, and coast to a strong finish.

Right now I'd say making the playoff is 50/50. We may be in 9th, but we have played more matches so our points per match actually has us closer to 13th. I think on talent alone we can do better than that, but 8th or better requires far better offensive planning and execution.

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is 18k the average this year or all-time? Is attendance down this year?

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2016 17,269
    2017 18.441
    +11.7%

SoccerPrime and Traumer repped this.
  12. Thrash13

Thrash13 Member

OKC Energy FC
    United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Lawton, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kudos to all the FC Cincinnati supporters for such great attendance numbers. I'm a huge Energy FC fan, and while we're usually in the top half in USL attendance, the crowds are still far smaller than 18,000. Taft doesn't hold near that many fans, but we still don't pack it very often.

I truly hope y'all get a soccer specific stadium built along with a spot in MLS.

Lastly, enjoy Danni Konig! Loved him in OKC.

jschwarz repped this.
  13. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Ownership is making a big push for the stadium, identifying sites and putting $100 million up for construction. No new taxes or fees, they are asking for infrastructure aid as many businesses do for large scale projects. It is the opposite of the terrible NFL stadium deal, yet people were so burnt over that has been some knee jerk anger over perception rather than reality of what FCC is asking.

Tobias C repped this.
  14. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully 100 mil builds you something nice. 200 mil would be a better budget now in 2017 and onward but whatever. Stadiums like Avaya and BBVA Compass cost that much and are fine.

15. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Orlando City built their new palace for $150 million. It's my understanding that FCC wants to tap in to the existing tax used for GABP and PBS. At least, that's the rumor I read. Granted, it's not a "new" tax.

16. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    It depends on how you define a stadium and a stadium project. The infrastructure work could easily add another $50-$100 million to the project, so have to be certain apples to apples here.

This is not something limited to Stadiums either, for example the recent General Electric building downtown benefited from working with the city on infrastructure aspects. That whole area with the Banks project has revitalized the river area with parks to go with the apartments, restaurants, stadiums, museum, and skyscrapers.

17. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    My understanding from interviews with Berding was the city of Cincinnati budgets projects around infrastructure in order to attract companies to the area. For example, FCC builds the stadium, Cincinnati clear the land, moves the road, installs utilities and builds parking structures.

You are right, it is not nothing, but among stadium deals this is one of the best because no special funds are being asked for stadium construction. Compare that to the NFL stadium that taxpayers paid an addition $400 million to construct on top of $400 million in infrastructure and over the twenty years will be asked to pay $300 million in game day expenditures. That means the NFL was subsidized $1.1 billion dollars with Paul Brown Stadium when the deal ends in 2026.

I know people hate stadiums now, because of what I mentioned above. I just hope being so angry doesn't blind people to the opportunity FCC represents and how Lindner is being very fair in what he and ownership are presenting.

Tobias C repped this.
  18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2017 LH USOC

FT
    FC Cincinnati
    1 - 0
    Louisville City FC

half-time:
    (0 - 0)

match details:
    48'
    Djiby Fall
    1 - 0

19. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats the away section at Nippert and how much are those seats? Also, what are the cheapest seats available to the general public in the stadium?

Thinking about making the trip down from Toledo if i can afford it.

20. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    http://www.fccincinnati.com/tickets

Away fans are in a $20 section, cheapest tickets are $10.

Tobias C repped this.
  21. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati

I cannot remember if I posted this, but good stat on merchandise success selling well over double the amount they had planned in 2016. Be curious how 2017 goes as obviously had many first time buyers last year.

Tobias C repped this.
  22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. WiganFanFromQueensNY

Wigan
    France
    Jun 5, 2017
  24. Traumer

Traumer Member