News: FC Bayern München finances & economic development thread

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Bazi, May 29, 2013.

1. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The money whore league

2. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    #227 Berchtesgaden, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Swiss Ramble out with a nice detailed look at your finances.

Following the treble winning season in 2012/13, Bayern Munich enjoyed another year of success in 2013/14, once again securing the domestic league and cup double, while reaching the Champions League semi-finals before going down to eventual winners Real Madrid.

The excellent season on the pitch was matched off it with revenue surging 13% to €487.5 million and profit before tax up to €25.9 million (€16.5 million after tax). Furthermore, all outstanding debt on the club’s Allianz stadium was paid off 15 years early. Little wonder that deputy chairman Jan-Christian Dreesen stated, “FC Bayern can present its members with financial results better than any the club has ever had before.”

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2015/02/bayern-munich-model.html

Bayern Munich Revenue Germany 2014.jpg

Not only is the gap large, but it is getting larger. Since 2007, Bayern has grown its revenue by €265 million, while Dortmund’s growth was €172 million and Schalke €100 million. Bayern’s revenue superiority over the second highest club was €103 million in 2007, but has climbed to €226 million in 2014. Even worse, revenue at clubs like Hamburg, Werder Bremen and Stuttgart has essentially been flat over this period, leading to concern that Bayern’s financial dominance will be bad for competition in Germany.

3. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Everything we do is "bad" for German football..

What do they expect bayern to do? Not make revenue? Not expand globally? Not grow as a club?

We can't win anywhere it seems...

Jolly Rancha repped this.
  4. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not your club's problem. It's up to mine to try and keep pace. BVB and S04 have at least shown growth. Wolfsburg investing again so that is also good for the league.

Hamburg's numbers are just embarrassing. Second largest city in Germany, wealthiest, and they cannot get any growth? Uli had it right when he said they should be the club to really challenge you guys. Sadly, they seem a mess despite some positive internal club developments this summer.

Fernando_Bayern_BR and Dhajj repped this.
  5. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have a few friends in Hamburg who, according to them are "in the know". They really like whats been happening and think HSV will soon be back to the level they were at in late 2000s.

6. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They have more than € 100M in debt, sold shares of their club to a moody billionnaire who dictates the personnel and transfer policy and has the authority to send for HSV's CEO to meet up with him in his Hamburg harbour office.

Getting back to the level they were in the late 2000s seems like an impossible task at the moment.

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  7. Jolly Rancha

Jolly Rancha Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm curious to know how much we made from our parley to the Middle East. I also heard we are heading to China in the off-season

Very pleased about this, looks like the Marketing Department are pushing hard to make FC Bayern a global brand. As it should be

As we have seen with Man United you can play like shit and still score the biggest deals

8. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    While all true, they were seemingly set for even worse under the old system. Plus they're like 12th in the table atm, thats really really good for them considering the last few years!

9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BVB's growth as percentage has been astronomical. Almost 200% in just 7 years.

10. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great, we have to negotiate for months regarding our minimal stadium capicity increase, because of supposed severe public transportation issues.

Half a year later the city council gives the permit for a 'mega animal theme park' (TZ) in close proximity to the Allianz Arena. Logic.

Dhajj and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Munich hates bayern...

12. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1860 finally getting their own stadium?;)

13. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If only their players' salaries reflected that.

nekkibasara repped this.
  14. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

The only thing that I don't like is that I can't buy stock in FCB and the private investors reap all the profits.

15. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    underrated post

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  16. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You can still join as an official club member.

17. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They do, their wages increased from something like € 45M in 2008 to € 115M last season. The difference between the turnover and salary growth figures are easilly explained by the accelerated debt repayment.

18. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great news from the European Club Association's battle against Fifa. After the 2014 WC in Rio, clubs around the world received merely € 65.5M for the services of their players. The ECA and its president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge now negotiated a new deal for 2018 and 2022, which triples the compensation to € 195M per tournament. A great success for the ECA and all its members since more than 76% of all players in the World Cup were employed by European clubs.

http://www.bild.de/sport/insider/fi...o-pro-wm-turnier-2018-2022-40236342.bild.html

19. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to Kicker we're going to receive € 68.75M from the Bundesliga's TV deal in 2015/16. This is a noticeable and long overdue increase.

[​IMG]

Fernando_Bayern_BR, Matakos and Dhajj repped this.
  20. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    god improvement but still very far from Juventus who makes around 90 mil a year i dont want to comment about Barca/Real who make double then our new figure or the EPL.

21. Jolly Rancha

Jolly Rancha Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    These are really solid figures. Maybe not Premiership level but very competitive

The UCL would need to increase their prize money very soon

22. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wonder how much is from the US deal with Fox Sports?

23. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here you go, the numbers for this season in comparison:

[​IMG]

Fernando_Bayern_BR and Fussballer repped this.
  24. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Matakos and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  25. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    First a small update. The above mentioned new Platinum partner is the former Siemens subsidiary "Gigaset". The sponsorship deal is worth an estimated €6-8M per year and will equip all Bayern players with Gigaset tabloids and mobile phones. Gigaset just entered the smartphone market and signed a 3year sponsorship contract in an attempt to attract attention to their products on the highly competitive market for mobile devices.

Second, I stumbled across an updated chart for the Bundesliga TV revenue distribution of the 2015/16 season. However I do not know how the slight changes from the Kicker article can be explained so maybe take it with a grain of salt.

[​IMG]

PaoloFCB repped this.