PBP: FC Barcelona v Real Betis | J2 - La Liga 19/20 | 25 August 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Aug 23, 2019.

1. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Dare I say, EV made some good adjustments at halftime and subs in the 2nd half <ducks>

2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Rafinha easily worth 25-30M in today's crazy market but how Bart fails to sell him is beyond me. He could ad great value to any team fighting for 4th place or EL.

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    For Liverpool .. if you read my post ..

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah I can see that ..

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

evil_allan, unclesox and condor11 repped this.
  6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He had that one iffy pass ( although our player was waiting for the ball rather than going to meet it ) but then Busqs was fabulous... just a shame that FDJ would also be amazing in his position

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Youngest to play for Barca since 1941 or something.... hope we get to see him again .. we may not

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I think everyone apart from maybe Mats played pretty darn well .. surprisingly FDJ was very quiet

9. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #109 unclesox, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Everyone is a genius in front of a computer screen.
    In reality, my opinions, nor yours, are any better than those who actually coach the players. If they were we wouldn’t be here behind a keyboard believing that they were.

10. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I remember seeing him in a couple of UEFA Youth League matches where he played quite well. Liked what I saw from him there but I never imagined he’d make his first team debut this early.

11. Trillz

Trillz Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna II
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude made some savvy runs in and around the box his entire time out there. Also linked well with Nelson and Griezmann. Something you wish we could say about Dembouz. Mature beyond his years. Hopefully he'll get a good run of games in La Liga after we've clinched with 6 games remaining...:thumbsup:

unclesox repped this.
  12. Curls

Curls Member

Oct 22, 2017
    It doesn't take a genius to be able to judge a football player's ability. If you've watched football for long enough then you are more than capable of being able to judge an individual's ability just as well as most coaches. What separates a coach from your average fan are the intricacies of tactics, which understandably we all fall short of compared to any professional coach.

unclesox repped this.
  13. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Today's match impressed me how direct and devastating we were especially in the second half. Griezmann is fantastic and he looked comfortable as a striker. I'd start him over Suarez without even thinking twice. The Perez youngster who I've never heard of before also has some real talent. Sergi Craperto had a good game with that beauty of an assist, Alba was good... I think we gotta give the young guys minutes.

I would play this lineup next match or after the international break:

MATS
    Semedo Pique Lenglet Alba
    De Jong Busquets Vidal Arthur
    Messi Griezmann

Bench: Umtiti, Roberto, Rakitic, Suarez, Dembele, Perez

If Dembele is healthy we could go 4-3-3 and bench Vidal. Suarez should be a sub that we put in after 60 minutes that can get us a goal. Perez should also get a bunch of minutes. And yea Craperto gets too much hate. He just shouldn't be starting but he's a decent player to have on the squad.

puyol repped this.
  14. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

It was a great 2nd half performance but let's not get ahead of ourselves when Betis dropped their pants. Even Shitmes would have had a killer last night in 2nd half. Impressive by Perez taking on players and showing guts.

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    This

16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hated the 'glitter' goal celebration, but I'm an old git so that is to be expected .