PBP: FC Barcelona v Granada | J20 - La Liga 19/20 | 19 January 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

Sunday, 19 January 2020
    21:00 BARCELONA TIME

[​IMG]

CAMP NOU
    BARCELONA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PREVIOUS MEETINGS

[​IMG]

SLL 21-09-2019 FT Granada 2 : 0 BarcelonA
    SLL 02-04-2017 FT Granada 1 : 4 Barcelona
    SLL 29-10-2016 FT Barcelona 1 : 0 Granada
    SLL 14-05-2016 FT Granada 0 : 3 Barcelona
    SLL 09-01-2016 FT Barcelona 4 : 0 Granada
    SLL 28-02-2015 FT Granada 1 : 3 Barcelona

[​IMG]

The arrival of Quique Setién as FC Barcelona's new coach has led to a reshuffle of the training schedule for the week. The first team will now train four more times before their game against Granada on Sunday, with sessions on Thursday morning (11am CET), Friday evening (6pm), Saturday morning (11am) and Sunday morning (12pm)

[​IMG]

VISCAELBARCA

inswinger, ShortyMac and Gilmango repped this.
  2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Good game for Setien to begin with. Not super-difficult but also tough enough that we should be able to notice any improvement or spark in the team, if there is one.

3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Suspended: De Jong
    1 booking away from suspension: Lenglet (Suárez)
    2 bookings away from suspension: Piqué

Upcoming Liga fixtures:
    J21 (A) Valencia
    J22 (H) Levante
    J23 (A) Betis

Gilmango repped this.
  4. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With De Jong suspended and Arthur still injured we could see an all old guard midfield: Rakitic, Busquets, and Vidal. Of course Roberto could also feature if Semedo or Wague starts at RB, or Puig could get an even rarer start.

Up front we begin life without Suarez, Griezmann presumably moves centrally and Fati or Perez starts on LW, Messi on RW (could also see Messi central but less likely). Will be interesting if Abel Ruiz gets any looks as more of a direct replacement for Suarez.

Defensively, already discussed 3 options at RB, presumably Pique starts with Lenglet and Alba at LB (Firpo or Umtiti could also start, latter especially if they want to "save" Lenglet for game at Valencia since he is on 4 yellows). With Todibo seemingly on an 18 month loan to Schalke (who have a buy option which we can trump), we may see Araujo or even Cuenca from Barca B especially if there's an injury or suspension at CB.

5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whilst Fati and Perez have been constant members of the first-team picture under previous coach Valverde, the fact Riqui remains in Setien's plans [participated in penultimate training session on Friday] only fuels speculation he will make the squad this weekend. Frenkie de Jong is suspended for the game.

There was yet more good news as Arthur and Ter Stegen completed the session without any problems. Neither has been given the green light to return to action but both are hopeful of being passed fit.

Out on loan: Alena and Todibo; Suspended: De Jong; out injured: Suarez and Dembele; hopefully cleared in time: Arthur and Ter Stegen. Youth who may make first time: Fati, Perez, Puig. I think we are down to just 19 first teamers with Alena and Todibo out on loan, so with injuries and suspensions we are down to 16 without the youth, and that's assuming Arthur and Ter Stegen are cleared in time, and 19 with the 3 youth and Arthur and MAtS cleared.

6. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have a feeling Puig will start

7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is he makes the 18 man roster and gets on as a late sub. But it will be exciting if he gets a start. But even if Arthur Melo is cleared he probably is not thrown on as a starter as he likely cannot go 90 minutes just off a long injury. So that leaves the old guys, Busi, Raki, and Vidal; and possibly Roberto if Semedo or Firpo start at RB. It's not the most exciting but for game 1 I'd guess we see the old guys start.

8. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  9. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops meant to say 'if Semedo or WAGUE start at RB'

10. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marc Andre is a dad, for the first time I'm pretty certain: [​IMG]

ShortyMac repped this.
  11. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    the most important match of season;)

12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Gilmango repped this.
  13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Can’t wait to see his first starting eleven and more importantly HOW we play

14. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Squad:

Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen & Neto

Defenders: Sergi Roberto, Semedo, Piqué, Lenglet, Umtiti, Alba & Junior

Midfielders: Busquets, Arturo Vidal, Rakitic, Arthur & Riqui Puig

Forwards: Messi, Griezmann, Ansu Fati & Carles Pérez

Gilmango repped this.
  15. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So quick takeaway from that is the Ter Stegen and Arthur both medically cleared! So I think the only healthy and not suspended first teamer in the stands is Wague (De Jong suspended, Dembele out till sometime in February IIRC, Suarez out likely for rest of season). Which left room for 3 not-quite officially first teamers: Fati, Perez, and PUIG. First two make many squads, but nice to see Puig in there.

Along those lines, I read that since Araujo does not have dual citizenship, they won't want to promote him to 1st team (as 4th CB with Todibo out on loan now) until at least the close of the transfer window, as he'd be our 3rd non-EU player which would limit any additions we might make to replace Suarez due to his injury. There are other Spanish players who could get promoted instead (Cuenca or Chumi) or just not promote any of the 3 and just call them up when one of Pique, Lenglet, or Umtiti is injured or suspended. I think that would still allow us to play Araujo but I might be wrong, maybe can only have 3 non-EU on first team OR in any 18 man roster for a game. (Arthur Melo and Arturo Vidal are the other non-EU players, weird that Vidal never managed to get Dual as he's been in Europe so long, but maybe moved to much from Italy to Germany to Spain?)

16. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Official [​IMG]
    MATS
    Roberto Pique Umtiti Alba
    Raki Busi Vidal
    Messi Griezmann Fati

17. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    YESS !! Valverde is gone , now i can finally watc .... ohh .. Craperto is still playing ... and as a fullback ...

yeah i'll just come back when he retires because there is no way in hell he won't play no matter who the coach is , cya

Gilmango repped this.
  18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Fecking hell

I was hoping I’d seen the last of Rakitic, Umtiti and Roberto ..

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    You beat me to it ...

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    How long before Roberto gives the ball away in a treacherous area or is caught badly out of position

21. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, not long. I bet the first condition for any new Barca manager is they have to pick Roberto.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Roberto is Messi’s protege . It’s clear Messi doesn’t like Semedo .

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Comforting to see that Rakitic can still pass back to our CBs ..

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Mmm not bad 14 minutes before he went awol .. Griezman of all people saved his asse this time

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Play Griezmann as RB.