favourite player???

Discussion in 'Player' started by striker_9, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duff

O'Shea

Owen

2. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    KrystianR9, how long have you been a footie fan? 6 months?

3. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    who you calling footie? if ronaldo then not six months but 9 years. When i was 7 i started to like him!

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    hmmm i wasnt talking about FATaldo but football you know? interesting you been a GORnaldo fan for 9 years since he was playing for PSV back in the day, you aware about his dutch days huh? I guess you can say how much he was scoring there, anyway, I asked you cuz you're saying Nedved is not in the elite, I wonder why he won a european prize not so far ago?

5. Predaors_Forever

Predaors_Forever New Member

Feb 9, 2004
    Joe Cole

Such an up an coming young star with bags of skill, ive went and saw him play at a youth level and the things he does in game are just unbelieveable.

6. flonderoneil

flonderoneil New Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Northern CO.
  7. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    andres d'alessandro
    seedorf
    carlitos tevez
    davids
    MARC OVERMARS!!!
    bergkamp
    ZLATAN IMBRAHIMOVIC!!!

8. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    Don't worry about KrystianR9 Mario, the person is probably some guy that can't fit in with any other crowd so they go to a less popular one (atleast here in the states) by looking through an american soccer magazine for the most frequent name, it was obviously a very talented, (at eating that is) man named ronaldo. He doesn't know who pavel nedved is or else he wouldn't be making some of the remarks he is. There is no way that he could have grounds to say that nedved is not a top player. Juventus is still a successful team without a handful of world class players. (compared to Real MaCrap) Nedved controls the middle without help from Davids anymore. While KrystianR9 may have a good sense for who the world's top players are, what Mario is trying to say that this does not take an avid soccer fan. I would have liked to have seen what would happen if Ronaldo went to Chelsea, oh well maybe Becks in the near future??

9. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    scholes

Giggs

Owen

10. nicodinho

nicodinho New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    dallas,tx
    ronaldinho
    robinho
    beckham
    rio ferdinand
    davids
    quarisma
    pires
    ljungberg
    henry
    veron
    zidane
    freddy adu

11. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    Zidane
    Ronaldinho
    Cristiano Ronaldo (cuz he is so cool to watch)
    Beckham
    Saha
    McBride
    Giggs (my favorite)
    T-Ho
    Donovan
    Even though i loathe Arsenal.............. Henry
    Robben

12. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    Recoba (Doesn't play much but really excellent to watch)
    Zidane
    Henry
    Sheva

13. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Footie is short for football, the sport americans usually refer to as soccer, you little dummy you.

14. thegaffer7

thegaffer7 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    FL, via Wycombe, Eng
    stevie gerrard- giant in the middle of midfield, great vision, great leader
    theirry henry- plain and simple best in the game right now, blistering pace, good passer, scores goals..should of been fifa world player of the year
    michael ballack- another giant, has a nack for scoring too my personal favorite player
    becks- the complete midfielder, long range passing, now becoming a good tackler since he plays in the middle, always a great crosser of the ball and of course a dead ball magician....whoever says he is overrated and is only good at fk's please reply back and just try to defend your case...

15. thegaffer7

thegaffer7 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    FL, via Wycombe, Eng
    stevie gerrard- giant in the middle of midfield, great vision, great leader

theirry henry- plain and simple best in the game right now, blistering pace, good passer, scores goals..should of been fifa world player of the year

michael ballack- another giant, has a nack for scoring too my personal favorite player

becks- the complete midfielder, long range passing, now becoming a good tackler since he plays in the middle, always a great crosser of the ball and of course a dead ball magician....whoever says he is overrated and is only good at fk's please reply back and just try to defend your case...

16. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    favourite players

DaMarcus Beasley - Ronaldinho Gaucho

For me personally, these are the two players that make me smile whenever they touch the Ball. They're not the best players in the world,(well, Ronnie is:D) but they are my favorites.

17. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Marco Antonio Etcheverry
    Ronaldinho
    Edgar Davids
    Michael Owen
    Javier Saviola

18. thegaffer7

thegaffer7 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    FL, via Wycombe, Eng
    dude no way!!! shearer is a great player! he was a great skipper for england and is still one for the magpies! he has scored some spectacular goals...2002 i believe a crazy volley against aston villa and to make it better it was on schmicel (spelling??) it was a great goal and hes always been a great scorer...mad props to shearer dude!!!

19. thegaffer7

thegaffer7 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    FL, via Wycombe, Eng
    Re: Best Player(s)

yeah i agree with you on the whole ronaldo thing..he still is one of the best players in the game and he deserves comeback player of the century...but on the whole nedved thing....he has always been a great player, sure hes not one of the high profile players today but he is indeed a great player and has done wonders for juve in the league as well as cl... he is the best left winger in the world even though hes right footed...well next to robert pires he is...

20. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Yeah Ronaldo is just a lot more muscular than he previously was and is a much better player for it. But personally because im English i'd say the best player int he world is David Beckham, he got far too much stick in our country for the World Cup 98 incident and i wasn't surprised he left for Madrid. One for the future is easily Wayne Rooney and being an Everton fan im glad we've got him ! lol

21. japes10

japes10 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    toronto ont.

with out a doubt roberto baggio is the greatest player ever and will always be.he is not even a goal scorer, he is more of a play maker and he still has over 200 goals in serie a(the hardest league to score in).i also like henry

forza milan

22. SambaJ

SambaJ Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Nashville, TN
    DaMarcus Beasley. I kinda like Jay-Jay Okocha and Alessandro Del Piero too. But Beasley all the way.

23. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ACTIVE PLAYERS
    1) Ronaldinho-I have followed him since his Gremio days. He is the most talented player in the world. Brilliant.

2)Kaka-played for my home team, Sao Paulo. Wonderful player

3)Edgar Davids-awesome midfielder, intimidating as hell too

4)Ruud Van Nistelrooy-Utd's #10!!!

5)Dennis Bergkamp-The Dutch Master!!!

Honorable Mentions: Robben VDV, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Aimar, Ballack, Lucio, C-Ron

RETIRED PLAYERS
    1) Marco Van Basten!
    2)Zico
    3)Falcao
    4)Michael Laudrup
    5)Brian Laudrup

24. AJGullo23

AJGullo23 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    New York
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy