Favorite United Player/Coach Quotes

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by busbyboy74, Jul 16, 2009.

1. busbyboy74

busbyboy74 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    416 Proper
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I feel close to the rebelliousness and vigour of the youth here. Perhaps time will separate us, but nobody can deny that here, behind the windows of Manchester, there is an insane love of football, of celebration and of music."

Eric the King:)

2. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Some of my favourite Sir Alex quotes:

"I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell."

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their ********ing perch. And you can print that."

on Gary Neville: "If he was an inch taller he'd be the best centre half in Britain. His father is 6ft 2in - I'd check the milkman."

"Cole should score from that distance but I'm not going to single him out"

3. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sir has had some beauties.....my personal favorite "It's squeaky bum time."

4. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :D @ the quote about Neville.

5. bestbecks

bestbecks Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Ottawa, ON
    While sipping champagne at a press conference a few days after winning the Champions League (07-08) "We sold them [Ruud and Becks] because we wanted to."

6. busbyboy74

busbyboy74 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    416 Proper
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One of mine as well

7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    well since ive been a fan its always been SAF

as for fav player well...myself :)

8. Newton Heath

Newton Heath New Member

May 23, 2008
    I know its not related to United but this is really funny anyway.
    A player in Ecuador (yes the country where Valencia is from, but its not him), was once interviewed after a match where he had runned a lot. So the journalist said to him "It looked like you had three lungs today from all the running you did." And the guy answered "Well, I did ran a lot, but I have one lung just like everyone else".

9. busbyboy74

busbyboy74 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    416 Proper
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol, someone was not paying attention in biology class

10. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    "When an Italian tells me it's pasta on the plate I check under the sauce to make sure. They are the inventors of the smokescreen." - Alex Ferguson before Manchester United played Inter Milan in the Champions League Quarter Final 1999

"That's absolute bollocks, that. Absolute nonsense." - Sir Alex Ferguson after beating FA Premier League champions Chelsea FC 1-0 on November 6th 2005 when asked if the previous week where Manchester United had endured much criticism was the worst week of his career.

"You're a ********in' bottler Incey! You cannae handle the stage, can you? You are a ********in' bottler!" - Alex Ferguson to Paul Ince at half-time, Barcelona, 1994. :D

11. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Fergie and Keane. Between the two of them, you can write a whole book on their soundbytes.

He was towering over me and the other players were almost covering their eyes. I'm looking up and thinking 'if he does hit me, I'm dead' [on an argument with Peter Schmeichel]

"You must be joking. Do I look as if I'm a masochist ready to cut myself? How does relegation sound instead?" Sir Alex Ferguson when asked in The People if he would welcome the sight of Liverpool ending an almost 20-year wait for top flight glory. :D

"That lad [Filippo Inzaghi] must have been born offside."

Away from home our fans are fantastic...but at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch.

I was a Manchester United player. We only partied when we won. :D

He (Vieira) was going on and on about the charity work he was doing in Senegal, and I said to him "if you love Senegal so much, why don't you f***ing play for them?"

Some people say that great players never make great managers. Well I never was a great player.

12. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My favorite all time fergie quote ….

When he asked by the press how they can improve their relationship with him .. “ yea you can ******** off and die”

:eek: :D

13. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That entire press conference was amazing.

14. smufli

smufli Member

May 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My all-time favourites:

"Back home, I had a football game on the computer, and I was always Cantona. It's difficult to explain how much he means to me" - Ole

"It's easier to hit a big goal that pass to a small man - yout don't have to be so precise" - Ole again

"Life's too short. I know sometimes you need to be a bit diplomatic, but sometimes you need to say what's what and what's not." - Keano

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric

"I belive in myself. If I find a bicycle then I think I can beat Chris Boardman's one-hour record. If someone says to me, 'get on the bike, beat the world record', I say: 'OK, I've got a chance.' It's crazy, I know." - The King

"Maybe I could come back...but only as a number one" - who else?:)

"Because of Beckham's skill level, you had to think carefully about giving United free kicks around the penalty area. There was a period when you were really giving United a goal by awarding them a free kick." - David Elleray (ref)

"If he loves Senegal so much then why is he playing for France?" - Keano on Vieira's charity work in Senegal

A lot more to come tomorrow;)

15. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading BigSoccer a lot reminds of these quotes from Fergie:

"Everybody likes to read good things about themselves in the papers, especially young players, they like to think they're the bees' knees all the time.

I kept deflecting that, saying how tough this League was and this is a reminder. Football can come back and bite you, we've had that many time."

16. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I am Cantona, I can go as I want"-The King when asked by Paul Ince why he had his shirt unbuttoned for court.

17. Newton Heath

Newton Heath New Member

May 23, 2008
    "I told Ronaldo before he flew out that he will end up playing centre-half because I don't think they have one."

SAF on Ronaldo going to Madrid

18. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Keano's 'you're not a nice guy' quote makes me laugh to this day.

Martin Buchan's legendary soundbite to a journalist asking for a quick word: "velocity." before walking off.

Paddy Crerand has loads as well. Hmm.. our players have always had that streak about them.

19. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Re: Youth, Loans and Reserves 09/10 [R] Keeping tabs on the stars of the future

How was Strachan for interviews as a player (the Buchan quote sprung him to mind)? He's had some great one-liners as a manager...