Fargo - Season 3 on FX

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Apr 20, 2017.

1. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another question-- Emmit's car appears to run out of gas or break down on the rural highway, which prompts his phone-smashing fit. But then, after the State Trooper and Nikki have shot each other, Emmit gets in the car and drives away. Huh?

I'll agree with you all that this was the weakest season. It was also the bleakest, I think, but that's not necessarily why I found it weaker. It has more to do with the characters being weaker.

Belgian guy repped this.
  2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Yeah that was another rubbish moment.

3. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The creators were trying to make some deep point about the nature of truth, but instead lectured us about the obvious and boring point that power can control information. YAWN. Oh, and people can be so greedy that they do bad things.

The Meemo character was AWFUL. I cringed every time his over-affect-ridden character appeared. Groovin to the music, oh yeah! Varga had bulimia! -- how quirky! Nora from the Leftovers wasn't as angry in Minnesota, but she also was like a crappy version of Molly. Until the love of a good barren other female trooper, she couldn't get soap out of auto-dispenser. Whoa. Hey, look! Dumb guy boss cop!

There were enjoyable moments, for sure. But taken in total, what a piece of shit.

fischerw repped this.
  4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It was the weakest season, but it had a few standalone episodes that were good, one of which was truly great ("The Law of Non-Contradiction"). Though it says something about a season of TV when the best episode is the one least related to the overarching plot of that season.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Maybe I'm not as picky after TWD, so I still mostly enjoyed it.

SpencerNY repped this.
  6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Oh, there was enough good stuff in there that I stilly mostly enjoyed it, but I still thought it was the weakest of the three seasons by some distance.

Sebsasour repped this.