FAQ - FC Dallas (READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE ASKING YOUR QUESTION ELSEWHERE OR RISK BEING MOCKED)

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Parrothead FC, Aug 22, 2007.

1. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Nunez was definitely better than Alvarez. Nunez is a very very skilled player who didn't have the size or speed to play in the very physical and quick MLS, but he is thriving in Mexico in which his strengths play a lot better.

Alvarez is a decent MLS player, but he always seems to be a starter on bad teams. Deadly left foot.

2. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    thanks for the insite bro :)

3. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    I've done some cleaning up of the 1st post. Let us know here if you think there are any other Q&As that should be added.

4. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have corrected 5] name of the trophy 10] Kevin's new phone number
    added trophy info and detail to 9]
    added Q's and A's 12, 13, and 14 (from other post's in this thread)

All pasted in below so that you can simply copy and paste:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~

Before starting a new topic use the search feature to make sure it has not already been started. It is always better to post in an existing thread.

The NSR sub-board is for all non-soccer AND all non-FCD related soccer material.

Add yourself to the FC Dallas Frappr! - http://www.frappr.com/fcdallasfans/map

1. What does "F.C." stand for?

"F.C." stands for "Futbol Club"

2. What is FC Dallas' nickname?

FC Dallas' most used nickname is the "Hoops" which refers to the horizontal bands on the home and away jerseys. While the "Hoops" nickname is no longer officially used by the Front Office, it is still used by supporters. They are also known as "Los Waldos" (as in 'Where's Waldo' get it?) "The Red Stripes" and the "Toros."

3. How long has FC Dallas been in MLS?

FC Dallas was one of the founding teams of MLS. They were known as "Dallas Burn" from 1996 to 2004.

4. What are the official colors of FC Dallas?

Republic Red, Lonestar White and Bovine Blue are the official team colors. Black and Red were the colors of the Dallas Burn.

5. Have FC Dallas won any championships?

FC Dallas won the 1997 Lamar Hunt United States Open Cup

6. What is the best source for FC Dallas news?

3rd Degree is the best independent news source for everything FC Dallas related. - http://www.3rddegree.net/

The FC Dallas blog is frequently updated with insider news. - http://worldcupway.blogspot.com/

The FC Dallas youtube page has updated video of various FC Dallas related things. - http://www.youtube.com/user/FCDCommunications

7. Does FC Dallas have a supporters group?

The INFERNO is the original independent supporters group of FC Dallas, founded in 1996 by "El Jefe". - http://www.the-inferno.net/

EL MATADOR is a Hispanic supporters group founded in 2009. Both INFERNO and EL MATADOR stand together in sections 120 and 121.

More of an international fan club than a supporters group, FCD Nation, known as the "official FC Dallas supporters group," was formed in late 2006. Its purpose is to join together the fans of FC Dallas from around the world. - https://securemls.mlsnet.com/t104/fans/fcdnation/register/

8. Does FC Dallas have any partner teams?

FC Dallas currently has three partnerships.
    1) Tigres UANL of Mexico. Mostly for development of the two teams' Youth Academies, however they also play a home-and-away friendly series for the Rio Grande Plate.
    2) Club Atletico Paranaense of Brazil. As well as a home-and-away pre-season friendly series for the USA-Brazil Challenge cup, the partnership has so far seen FCD take 3 CAP players on loan - Ricardinho, Andre Rocha and David Ferreira.
    3) Trinidad & Tobago Pro League. The partnership includes player swaps, the ability for teams to use the practice facilities at PHP, and the sharing of business strategies and ideas. Very little has come of this as yet.

9. Does FC Dallas have any rivalries?

Chicago Fire - For about five years, it was the hottest and most fully integrated rivalry in the league. It started in 1998 when they knocked Dallas out of the USOC and the games just kept getting chippier. Fans of both clubs didn't like each other. In 1999, there was an epic playoff series in which Chicago's Dema Kovalenko broke the leg of one of our favorite player's (Brandon Pollard) in game 2, and in game 3 we came back from 0-2 in the first five minutes of the game to win 3-2 and take the series. The contest between the two teams is called the "Brimstone Cup" and a trophy is awarded to the winner. See http://www.brimstonecup.com for the history.

Houston Dynamo - The teams were pretty competitive when they were in San Jose (San Jose Earthquakes team and coach were relocated to Houston in 2006), but when they moved to Texas the games became grittier and more heated. It's a same-state "derby" and the two teams compete for the El Capitán trophy - an 18th century Mountain Howitzer Cannon.

Colorado Rapids - They eliminated us from the semifinals of the playoffs, in 1997, and from the first round of the playoffs in 2002, and at PHP, in back to back years ('05 and '06) on penalty kicks. And this one is mostly about the players and the playoffs. Most Dallas fans don't really care about Rapids fans, and our regular season games have tended largely in Dallas' favor.

10. I have questions about getting tickets.

PM our local ticket rep, Kevin Lindstrom ("Drum'r Boy" on BigSoccer), or email him at klindstrom@fcdallas.com, or call him at (469) 365-0048.

11. Why are there football lines on the field at Pizza Hut Park?

The Frisco Independent School District paid $15 million towards the building of PHP and plays a handful of high school football games there every year.

12. Who are some notable former FCD/Burn players?

Hugo Sanchez, Jason Kreis, Leonel Alvarez, Oscar Pareja, Cory Gibbs, Eddie Johnson, Juan Toja, Kenny Cooper Jr

There is an all-time player roster at 3rddegree

13. Does Dallas have a DP?

2007 - Denilson (Brazil) picked up mid-season as a DP, but contract was not renewed.
    2008 - 2010 No DP

14. What is the meaning behind the shield symbols? What animal is that on our logo? A bull or a longhorn, and what is the difference?

[​IMG]

a. animal
    b. flame
    c. colors
    d. star
    e. '96

a) The animal is a Longhorn Bull, named Tex.

A longhorn is a breed of cow and can be male or female. Like a Brahma, Herferd, Red Angus, Black Angus etc... breeds... a longhorn is a cow breed like a Collie is a dog breed.

A Bull is a male cow, a heifer is a female cow, and a steer is a male cow that has been castrated.

b) The flame is the tie that binds both the history of the team (Burn) and the first supporters group (Inferno) to the current team.

[​IMG]

c) Colors - represent the colors of the state flag of Texas as well as the city flag

d) Star - is the symbol of Texas - the 'Lone Star' state

e) '96 - in tribute to the year the franchise was established, 1996

5. giggshasscored

Jun 5, 2004
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [LINEUP-4-4-2]read , first , post ,
    before ,
    asking ,
    your ,
    question ,
    elsewhere ,
    or_risk ,
    being ,
    mocked[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

6. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    Two questions:

+If Kenny Cooper was to return to MLS, would FC Dallas own his rights?

+Where can I find tickets for the cheapest price?

Thank you.

7. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Yes. I think for another 14 months or so.
    2. go to the-inferno.net and click "tickets." You can get a GA to the supporters section (sit in the back if you're not into the standing/flag-waving thing) for $14.25 after ticketmaster fees.

8. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    Thank you for the response, Cowtown. I'm moving back to the Metroplex in the summer and am wanting to head up to Frisco and support the Mustan--er, Hoops. Haven't been to a game since they were the Burn and played in Fair Park.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought if they left on a free the team held the rights but if they got money clubs would need an allocation.

10. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh. Maybe you're right. Now I'm doubting my answer.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That makes me doubt mine. Where is Buzz?

12. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    basically if you sell the player you get nothing.
    If he leaves on a free you hold his MLS rights for 2 seasons.

keeping in mind this is MLS and the rules are whatever they want them to be at that moment.

13. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still, I've got to stop assuming I understand anything about this league. :rolleyes:

14. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't assume either, I have to ask all the time.

I'll bet you almost anything that FCD/Hunts will find a way to get Cooper in Dallas when he comes back.

15. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you trying to bait e66?

16. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha no. but it might work anyway.

17. taylor b

taylor b New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    San Marcos, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my opinion the biggest problem with FC Dallas is their lack of exposure in the Dallas Morning News. There isn't even an FC Dallas header on the sports page. In Houston we have our own page and constantly our stories are top priority on the sports page.

18. slack

slack Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a valid point. Both papers ignore FCD....Southlake football gets more coverage....

That's because the other teams are irrelevant right now. ;)

19. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

20. slack

slack Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do seem to remember back in the day, the Times-Herald had pretty decent Sidekicks coverage. But then, we don't really have a Tatu now, do we....?

21. FCDfan

FCDfan Member

Apr 23, 2007
    McKinney, TX
    I grew up in Houston, and go home to visit 2-3x a year ... Just for the record I am a loyal FCD Fan.

The reality is that soccer is an international game, and Houston is an international market- the Houston Chronicle does a great job of being international in scope. Goings-on in Mexico and other parts of Latin America routinely make the front page.

The Dynamo get much more prominent coverage in the Houston Chronicle relative to FCD in the DMN - game-related news, the ongoing saga with their new stadium, and roster moves all get routine editorial coverage. They even show up on the front page from time to time.

The honest truth is Houston and Dallas are pretty much polar opposites. The percentage of immigrants and foreign nationals to the total populace is much higher in Houston than Dallas. Houston is altogether a more cosmopolitan, international city. Dallas by comparison is a little more provincial. Don't get me wrong, Houston is not one of the great cities of the world, but in some ways it has a lot more in common (as a sports market) with NY than it does with Dallas.

22. iceberg602

iceberg602 Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Noob Question:

In pre-game team photos why does the first row always pose in an akward looking "prison stance"?!? Why not take a knee?

23. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Being on your knees is also a "prison stance", isn't it?

Seriously...I have no idea, it's a good question, though.

24. iceberg602

iceberg602 Member

Jul 23, 2010
  25. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Haven't ended up in Dallas for some odd reasons and have decided to check out the FCD-DCU game. Is the beer garden the best place to be? Will I start a fight if I wear the TFC jersey (not trying to start anything, just wanna show some hometown pride), will that be an issue? Also, good places to drink before/after game?