Fans

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Dan Kohner, May 5, 2017.

1. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I have been wondering if Atlanta United has ever done anything for those of us fans who do not live in the Atlanta/Georgia area. I see all the time on Facebook, Atlanta United doing giveaways for fans in the Atlanta metro area i.e. Flag giveaways, pizza for a year..., but ignoring fans not in the Atlanta area.

I understand that the fans they cater to are their bread and butter, but they are not the only Atlanta United fans. It is just highly dissapointing that even when you send Atl Utd a message you don't get a response.

2. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are you messaging and how? The few time I've had questions I email the tickets email and always get a response. That's generally true any time you're trying to get any sort of service on the phone. Always dial the extension that has to do with new service, they want your money ;)

As for giveaways, they don't even go OTP hardly so you aren't the only one. But honestly? Boo f'in hoo man. Some of these complaints o_O I'm starting to think we have some of the whiniest most high maintenance 'fans' in the world.

3. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Easy, Dawgs. No need to make this into anything more than it is.

Dan, AUFC has made it a point of emphasis that while they're trying to become a team for all of Atlanta they are not trying to be representative of the whole southeast (a la the Braves). Their outreach beyond much of the metro area has been, shall we say, done with efficiency in mind. It's likely they never expected the team to be this popular so they were concentrating on the ones most likely to attend the games on a regular basis. Remember, MLS teams don't have a history like their NFL peers in terms of legions of fans traveling from afar to make a day of the match.

The various supporters clubs will have events outside the perimeter and the team did have some of their flag and ticket giveaways in Gwinnett, Cobb and North Fulton that I recall. I was hoping for something nearer to Gainesville but no luck, but I'm expecting more events at/near their training complex in Marietta.

Give them some time to settle in and don't give up on messaging them. As Dawgs said, try different contact avenues and I'll trust you'll get a reply.