News: Fans warned of fake World Cup tickets

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by shaunsindelman, Sep 28, 2009.

1. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    FIFA is warning soccer fans to beware of fraudulent online ticket sales for the 2010 World Cup as it works with international agencies to address the problem.

[​IMG]

"Many unauthorized operators are exploiting ... unsuspecting fans across the world into purchasing illegitimate or unauthorized tickets and/or ticket-inclusive travel packages," soccer's global governing agency said in a statement.

Official tickets will be printed only a few weeks before the tournament kicks off, the statement said.

The agency applauded efforts by British authorities to shut down Web sites selling fraudulent tickets. Efforts are under way to implement more crackdowns worldwide.

"We simply cannot accept that true fans are being cheated in this way," said Jerome Valcke, FIFA secretary general.

2. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am a bit surprised by all this bravado. I doubt if there will be fruadulent tickets as the demand will not be that great. I doubt there will even be much of a black market except for a few games. the sites are generally the same ones that offer tickets at ridiculous prices hoping they can get them.

3. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There is fraudulent tickets because people are trying to rob people since the begining of the time.

As long as you don't buy your ticket at e-bay or some weird website like worldcuptickets.com you'll be fine.

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i hope people buy tickets from ebay - i plan on selling my extra tickets through ebay so i can finance my alcohol expenses in SA :)

5. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why e-bay? Sell them for me :lol: