Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by spejic, Jun 2, 2015.

1. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  2. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  4. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The shape of the map has been leaked and it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be. It's also hard to compare it to a current map because the coastline, rivers, lakes, and roads are very different. In fact, it seems distorted - Salem is on the map, but it doesn't seem to go that far north on the west edge of the map even though it is aligned roughly north-south.

5. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I guess the map isn't really that much of a leak seeing as how you can download the Pip-Boy software to your Android device right now.

It's pretty neat. You can use it in demo mode so you can play with it without connecting to a game. It comes with Missile Command.

6. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Here is the map with some annotations I made. The location of Vault 111 and the suburb near it don't seem to correlate with anything noteworthy in real life.
    [​IMG]

7. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here I was, hoping to come in and read a bunch of amazing things about the game which would force me to buy it but nothing... Guessing everyone is playing instead of hanging on Bigsoccer.

8. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    getting my copy after work, look to be on as soon as it installs.

9. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has anyone gotten the Pipboy edition? I have 2 friends that have gotten it and both are having issues with the phone not fitting...

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to try this game out on my PC, but:

1) I hadn't played any of the previous games in the series, so the overall story will no doubt be lost on me. :(

2) According to the CanYouRunThis site, while my PC passed the game's Minimum Requirements tab, it failed the Recommended Requirements tab, and I can't currently afford to upgrade my system anytime soon. :(

-G

11. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You do not need to know the story or the lore to actually know what happens. When Bethesda started making Fallout from Fallout 3 they mostly left most of the backstory and lore behind. All you need to know is that in the 1950s transistors were not invented. This means that energy efficiency was poor. The world oil reserves ran out in about 2060 ultimately leading to war between USA and China. This culminated in 2077 when the countries of the world fired their nuclear weapons leading to worldwide destruction.

12. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    taib is right, and i encourage you to reconsider... even though i don't have fallout 4 yet (and prolly won't for another couple of years as i don't buy games until they're cheap). however, if money is an issue, i can't stress enough how awesome fallout 3 and new vegas still are. furthermore, with the steam sales coming up, those games always get put on massive discount (i got both a couple years ago on steam for all of $5 total). then, by the time you finish those, it'll be far enough down the line that i bet fallout 4 will already be on some sort of discount.

on the other hand, if you just want to get into fallout 4, i wouldn't worry too much about meeting the recommended specs. well, unless you HAVE to play on ultra settings. i wouldn't even worry about meeting the minimum specs if your hardware is at least close. just turn down the graphics a bit.

13. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I see Fallout 4 also got a season pass costing 30 dollars...

14. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Polygon tests out the database of names in Fallout 4:

15. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Never played any of the other Fallouts. I see its been getting good reviews. I also noticed you get Fallout 3 for free if you buy 4 for Xb1... Might have to watch a ign/gamestop review to see what the games all about... Do you all recommend me picking it up? I enjoy single player games btw.

16. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I reccommend it after some bug patches have been implemented though. This game is really good if you like single player open world game. You dod not need to know the lore or anything as it is told in the mostly in the opening sections of the game and the game is more like a stand alone title rather then a sequel.

Sal repped this.
  18. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Still need this game

20. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ran into The Swan over the weekend....HOLY SH!T....

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
  22. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cheapest I found was ShopTo.net for £30. Everyone else has it for full price. Game is selling like crazy.

The Behemoth? Easy kill. My Hunting Rifle does 180 points of damage a shot. I sneak attacked it and took off a third of its life. Five seconds later it was dead after about 7 more bullets. This game is so easy. I did not even have to expend half my magazine.

23. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took him out with no problem, just an unexpected boss fight...

24. spejic

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  25. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew