Fair Play or Foul! Dempsey at Fulham V [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by TimB4Last, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never verified and likely won't be. A lot of these "reports" are flat out lies generated to generate page hits and nothing more.

Very well could be true, since no one's denied it either.

Considering the manager, the teams, and the player, I just don't see this one as having had much merit. The Spanish rumors were more realistic.

2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not confirmed by anyone.

Plus we don't know who rejected it. It could have been Fulham, in which case Clint technically did not "turn down that crappy gun team"

3. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulham has brought in a bunch of forwards...AJ's days are over. Finally.

Pretty good day to be a Fulham fan. The defense will be solid and the attack has been bolstered. I think Dempsey will feature mainly in the midfield now. Now only if they could replace Murphy....

4. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow, seriously? I thought the Metrostars reference would be enough to set off joke detectors. Serious times indeed in YA land. I miss the Freddy threads. :(

5. vponce75

vponce75 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOl! I know! I thought it was an obvious joke myself. And funny.

But when it comes to BS I guess you can't fault others for taking posts too serious.

6. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I miss Freddy too, lol.

So when is the deadline, today right?

7. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Seltzer will confirm rumors? He just says any little whisper he hears and then 3/4s of them don't come to fruition, so how do you even know they are accurate? Just because he said so?

There's also the constant "I knew it but couldn't say," lines he throws out. Look, he brings great discussion but he should tone it down a bit. Not every faint interest is worthy of reporting. Once it gets to the point of semi-serious interest, then report it. Otherwise, you're just Goal.com, passing along any little thing you see or hear.

So why pass it on to his readers?

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Because that's what his readers want to read.

We can go to any number of websites for concrete news.

As long as you take his info with a grain of salt........you're fine.

9. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're implying he is just making things up?!? Why the f would he do that? Some of it might just be agents pumping up their players to him but even that would have some ounce of truth to it. And yes, he does confirm rumors, that's why he says the next thing you moan about...

Again, I'd rather be informed of faint interest than not. There's really no need to cry about it if a team gets thrown out there and nothing comes off.

uhh, he didn't, he was commenting on the goal.com and sky stories, saying he couldn't verify what was reported elsewhere.

Why so bitter about it all though really? its silly season, its always been rumors 3/4s of the time that dont pan out.

10. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok folks, transfer window is closed, Clint's still at Fulham, and we need a new thread. Feel free to start one.