PBP: FAC - Arsenal FC vs Manchester United FC - Jan 25, 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Competition: Football Association Cup
    Venue: Emirates Stadium
    Time: 19:55 (BST), 14:55 (EST)

Channels: BBC One(UK), MUTV(UK), ESPN+(US), Sportsnet World(Canada), Sportsnet East/West/Ontario/Pacific(Canada), SuperSport 3 Africa (Zambia)

Arsenal injuries: Bellerín (knee), Holding (knee), Mavropanos (unfit), Mkhitaryan (foot), Welbeck (ankle)
    Manchester United injuries: Shaw (illness), Smalling (knock), Rojo (knock), Fellaini (calf)

Arsenal last 6: D-L-W-W-L-W
    Manchester United last 6: W-W-W-W-W-W

Arsenal last result: 2-0 home win over chelsea (EPL)
    Manchester United last result: 2-1 home win over Brighton & Hove Albion (EPL)

Last Encounter: 2-2 home draw at Old Trafford (Dec 2018)

Arsenal last starting XI (4-4-2♦):
    Leno, Bellerín, Sokratis, Koscielny(c), Kolašinac, Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Ramsey, Lacazette, Aubameyang

Manchester United last starting XI (4-3-3):
    de Gea, Young(c), Lindelöf, Jones, Dalot, Herrera, Pogba, Matić, Lingard, Rashford, Martial

=====================
    Arsenal were surprisingly good against chelsea. impressive stuff.

one person who was not impressive was Young. if he is going to start he has to do much better. another big test here. let's see how we do

not the best coverage here either (for anyone)

jnielsen repped this.
  2. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey Ashur...

Who's got the last post now?

[​IMG]

3. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Me, Puta. Boom roasted.

4. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  5. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope we see Fellani get the start as the deep lying playmaker.

jnielsen repped this.
  6. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am actually looking forward to this game. as it stands this is kickstarting a busy period for us as we turn around and play Burnley in 4 days time after. the excitement is back :p

i want us to go all out for this but with the games coming in rapid order it is going to be interesting to see how OGS rotates the squad.

In any event, this is Arsenal, we have a chance at winning the FA cup. would be nice if Ole got a trophy during his sub coaching gig. just like old times!!

Usual trio up top with Lindgard Rash and Martial, PP, Matic and AH in the middle, Dalot on the right and AY as the FBs. Not sure who to partner Lindelof with though. if Bailly is fit i would go with him.

Dont know much about Arse but I heard they played well against Chelsea so they will be up for this one too.

Aside from piss poor coverage, I am loving the buzz around the team :D

jnielsen repped this.
  7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I want to see Bailly and Shaw. Bailly is our next best CB and potentially even better than Lindelof and certainly an upgrade on Jones. Shaw isn't as good as Young going forward, but he at least knows how to tackle and he's capable of putting in a shift and pressing high for most of the game.

I'm tired of Matic shitting the bed. I want to see Ander given the reigns and someone else next to him, but I'm certain that won't happen. Maybe we will see him rotated out in the coming futures.

8. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    yea. Ole said everyone would be given a chance. doesn't seem like Fred and Pereira got theirs as yet though

jnielsen repped this.
  9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #9 Ashur, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    The only changes I hope to see for this game Friday are: Bailly starting in Jones's place, Shaw back at LB (with AY on the right) and possibly Sanchez in for Lingard on the right. He'd be expected to work like Lingard though, because Sokratis and Kos are definitely susceptible to the high press.
    The midfield remains the same: the following game vs Burnley is when we should expect some heavy rotating, with some fringe players given a chance.
    Very much looking forward to this game though, as I do all games vs Arsenal. And with them coming off a solid performance vs Chelsea, it could actually be very interesting.

10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LMAO at anyone THINKING about leaving Jesse Lingard out of a cup match against Arsenal. He lives for these moments guys. He's starting. Play Sanchez against Burnley or whomever or off the bench. Or use him as a gardener or bus driver.

J'can repped this.
  11. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree on lingard. Thought shaw was injured which is why I went young.

Matic for continuity and being a known quantity. Fred off the bench and then for the burnley start.

12. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Id like to see Fred in for Matic and Herrera sitting deeper. Give us some more energy and mobility in midfield and someone to take the creative load off Pogba.

johno and Gilma1990 repped this.
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lingard would definitely be my preferred option to start on the right, at this time. He has been playing a lot lately, expanding tons of energy in the process and perhaps needs a break. It's the only reason Sanchez was suggested as a possibility.
    Lingard to start is more than fine, obviously: even if he can go full tilt for an hour to 65mins, he can then be subbed for Sanchez or Mata, depending on the circumstances.
    Starting lineup looks something like this then:
    Dave
    AY. Bailly. Lindelof. Shaw
    Herrera. Matic. Pogba
    Lingard. Rashford. Martial

14. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Johno, "gardener or bus driver"? C'mon, man, wake up your sensibilities.

15. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dalot should play. Why omit him? AY only if shaw is injured.

jnielsen repped this.
  16. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gardener or bus driver...your joke would be funny if Sanchez didn't make more money in a week than you've made your entire life.

incighte repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact is that Dalot is still something of an unknown/learning on the defensive end and he'll probably face an opponent Friday, who could really give us problems down the right: Iwobi, if we're lucky, or worse Aubameyang.
    AY has mistakes in him, but on his day, he can do a job and he just has more experience. Playing in our next game vs Burnley would be perfect for Dalot.

18. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    And if it didn't reek of vague anti-Latin racism.

jnielsen and Gilma1990 repped this.
  19. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    I don't understand everyone wanting to put Herrera in the six.

We finally have him playing his best position and performing the way we know he can perform. Don't take away his right to use his engine.

20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I laughed because this is coming from Johno who thinks everyone and everything is racist. But I guess everyone includes you...so nevermind. Your theory checks out.

JC7rox repped this.
  21. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can see why you might think that was a racist joke. My sincere apologies to anyone my statement may have offended. No excuses, but it wasn't meant the way it might have been read. I meant he's been rubbish and I don't want him to play in an important game. It had nothing to do his ethnicity. I honestly just wanted to list jobs commensurate with his performance on the pitch.

jnielsen repped this.
  22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    See reply above. I also don't think everyone is racist, I'm just not afraid to say what I see, when I see it. Also, the lawn care stereotype is pretty much directed towards Mexicans/Mexican Americans and at the very least spanish speaking folk in the US, I can't imagine any of the Chilean's I've met outside the US being upset about that comment - they would be a great deal more offended to be called a Mexican incorrectly - because they lack to context of that joke/stereotype.

23. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You state his performance is rubbish and the jobs listed are commensurate with that? People who hold those jobs are not doubt thrilled at your logic.

jnielsen repped this.
  24. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    I mean, I rode the bus through my primary school years, and I had some pretty ********ing dumb bus drivers... Never had a gardener, though.

25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States