FA WSL Season 7 mind the gap ( between 2016 and 2017/18)

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by shlj, Dec 6, 2016.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There are some weird specifics in England ie the FA takes players for camp outside of the FIFA windows sometimes.
    Also the FA forbids games to be played in June as a rule, they used to make an exception for the FA WSL but now it reverts to the winter season, you should not see any game in June. So expect a September to end of May season.

Just to show how messed up the season can be, I have uploaded the calendar for beginning of 2017 prior to the Euros and then the 2017-18 calendar, the UEFA weeks are mising as well as the champions league dates for that calendar as not disclosed yet.

The 2017 calendar is a mess and the Spring Series schedule was supposed to be announced last Friday but teams complaned and it will now be revealed in January. So the SS matches on the 2017 calendars are just my predictions.

Attached Files:

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Notts County released a player who was out of contract today :

Poor girl was just coming back from maternity leave :

blissett repped this.
  3. ohmygod

ohmygod Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Club:
    AC Minervén Bolívar FC
    FA still have a lot of things to do!

How many training sessions does Chelsea have every week ?A foreign player once complained that there only have 2 lessons every week about 3 years ago.

just read a rumor:Wendie Renard & Alex Morgan might swap club.How much does reliability?Does Wendie has interested in WSL1?

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Chelsea are training daily, the only team that did not have their whole squad training daily finished 8th and 9 in the table. Reading and Doncaster.

I believe from what was written in the French papers that one or two WSL teams have expressed an interest in Renard. What we know is she is leaving Lyon in June, as of today of course.

5. ohmygod

ohmygod Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Club:
    AC Minervén Bolívar FC

2017 will be divided into 2 parts.

Part1 (Janu-2017Euros) 17Euros will be of paramount importance.FA & lioness internationals will try their best to
    prepare for this tournament.The priorty for other matches(CL,FA CUP)might be lower than 17Euros.

This will be farewell performaces for Fara williams, K.chapman,Bardsley,A.scott,Bassete and Stoney in EuroCup stage.2017Euros means a lot for them.They will more cherish it than ever.I think they will fully utilize Part1 period to adjust their states and conditions in order to keep best in July.
    I feel 2017 calendars are more like transition product,serving for EuroCup.

Part2(2017Euros-)
    FA & lioness internationals will lay more emphasis on WSL & CL.
    2017-2018 calendars will be valuable for us.

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

The WSL was very balanced just a few years ago, with 8 teams. Now it's headed like the rest of Europe with 3 super teams that are going to slaughter whoever's the bottom feeders(as several blowouts were recorded all ready this last season), Why add more teams to this slaughter?

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The biggest problem also is the players quality, adding two teams has not brought up more quality players to the League. Quite the contrary, many journey(wom)man now in FA WSL 1.

8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't think it's right to say the WSL balanced with eight teams and now hasn't been with 9 or 10...

2015 had 8 teams but there was a pretty massive gulf (12pts) between 3rd and 5th, also with many blowouts. 2014 was very balanced, but 2013 was not, with another 12pt gap between just 3rd and 4th that year, with even more huge blowouts than 2015 or 2016. You also had Arsenal absolutely crush 2012 (with a still-sizable gap between 3rd and 4th). So it's not number of teams, it's more just internal variability. Nothing to really worry about.

It may look like we have 3 superteams now - which I would believe based on which teams are getting more money from their respective men's sides - but in the big picture it still *looks* like internal variability. I mean, we had 2 years where the top 3 were Arsenal-Birmingham-Everton, then 2 years where there was shuffling while Liverpool reigned, and now 2 years of ManCity-Chelsea-Arsenal. I personally think the current three are likely to stay top, but I would not be surprised if internal variability strikes again.

That said, the reason I think the currently top three are likely to stay top is simply because of $ coming in to the system. To answer the question of "why would you more teams to the bottom?", I would say the answer is two-fold: first, more teams will be viewed by organization as more opportunity, so you're more likely to get high-powered men's clubs interested; second, more teams equals more games per season, so whether you get more big-spending organizations in or not, it's still more $ coming in.

You could also say from a development standpoint that a larger top-division would be better at developing players simply by asking them to play against top-top-flight teams than a highly-stratified league system would be. So in terms of development and in terms of money, more teams almost always is better. The only reason to stop expanding would, I guess, be schedule congestion.

ohmygod repped this.
  9. ohmygod

ohmygod Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Club:
    AC Minervén Bolívar FC
    I like trio of Arsenal midfielders: #6 Losada,#4 Williams,#8 Nobbs.btw,Have you followed Losada?I feel she has playing a fairly important role in Arsenal.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Losada had a good season with the Flash. Not 1st team all-star type, but possibly 2nd team/tier. The one that had a brilliant career over in the states is Arsenal's newly signed, Kim Little. Little also took her Australian team, Melbourne City, into an undefeated, championship season. Do one of the three you mentioned will have to make way for Little, or be switched to an outside winger
    make some good points here, but England doesn't have the big population size of Germany or France to produce that many good domestic players. . It's league doesn't have either the amount or quality internationals like those two other countries(based on stats, the numero uno foreign player in the FA is.........Jane Ross)
    Just watch highlights of division 2 teams that most likely would be in the 1st division(if they go to 12 teams). The 1st & 4th goals are okay, but some good tackling would of prevented those shots from even being taken. But look how miserable the defense is on the 2nd, 3rd & 5th goal(2nd goal/PK the defender simply handballs it even though she;s not under any kind of pressure). This is the kind of stuff that sends chills down mark Sampson spine,; knowing that his NT picks might be facing this type of competition, day in, day out(if they go to 12 teams)

ohmygod repped this.
  11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Losada has gone to Barca, Williams is on her way out, Nobbs still around.

Little coming in means Losada decided to go as she would not get a game any more.

12. ohmygod

ohmygod Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Club:
    AC Minervén Bolívar FC
    I have watched full match for 2016-FA CUP finals recently.Arsenal midfielders have given me a deep impression,especially Vicky Losada.Have never followed her before this.I'm ready to enjoy her some matches in the future,such as: 2015WC,2013Euros, and the coming 2017Euros.

imo,Losada has no conflict with Little in position.Little has more value of attack,like a scorer.Losada is more balanced
    between attack and defence.Losada acts as a holding-midfielder in Spain.WT,while Little acts as a attacking-midfielder in Scottland.WT.

Looks like many players decided to leave from Arsenal. I don't know the reason.Not qualified for CL is a possible factor,also include buget redution.

13. ohmygod

ohmygod Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Club:
    AC Minervén Bolívar FC
    My midfielder-trio are in danger of falling apart at the seams:cry:

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Losada was superb this season. Arsenal was using Williams in 6, Nobbs in 8 and Losada at 10 in the classic midfield 3.

Many players are leaving because either they are out of contracts, they had a poor season or did not settle or did not get enough games.

Also the squad was too big as well. Signings are on their way. There are two transfer windows before the League restarts in September.

ohmygod repped this.
  15. ohmygod

ohmygod Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Club:
    AC Minervén Bolívar FC
    Yep.

Little will be 1st choice at 10,very sharpy&effective.
    I wish that Kim&Vicky duo would become WSL version's Veronica&Shirely.:(

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The three Spanish players from Arsenal went home, same with the Portuguese player from Chelsea Anna Borges.
    I wonder if their FA wants the player back home to prepare the 2017 Euros...

17. ohmygod

ohmygod Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Club:
    AC Minervén Bolívar FC
    2017 Euros:[D] England, Spain (include:3 players for ex-Arsenal),Portugal(include:Anna Borges for ex-Chelsea)
    No more teammates,no more friends

2013 Euros: [C] England,Spain,France;
    2017 Euros:
    [C] France, ......
    [D] England,Spain,......
    quarter-fianls: C1 - D2;
    It's fate that throws enemies or lovers together

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Speaking of lovers and international football, a couple of seasons ago I saw WC qualifier where the two opposite captains were dating and still are. How unusual is this?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

19. ohmygod

ohmygod Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Club:
    AC Minervén Bolívar FC
    If adding to some characters,drama will be more wonderful&rich:sneaky:.

Team A : captainA , captainB's ex-lovers,captainB's twin sister;
    Team B: captainB, captainA's ex-lovers,captainA's twin sisiter;
    That WC qualifier match will be mixed with multi feelings: happiness, aspiration,anger,desperation,envy,betrayal,revenge......

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Can you disclose who were they? :)

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They are not out publicly, like many players, they don't hide it from the women's football family, but it is not know to the public or normal fans.

blissett repped this.
  22. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Com'on we all know who they are....

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, I've got the feeling that I know, indeed: what puzzled me was the notion that the player were both "captains" or their respective National Teams, as Shlj said. If they are who I think they are, one of them is clearly captain of her National Team, but I didn't know about the other one... :cautious:

24. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    JL and CG there is no need to hide is well known.....and nothing to be ashamed of.

25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can tell you 90% of the fans I know don't know about them, despite seeing them for more than 10 years.