FA WSL Season 4 : The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by shlj, Dec 31, 2013.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Calendar for season 2015 not organised yet, normally announced around February.

debzy repped this.
  2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Pedro Losa's first day in the office at Arsenal

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #329 shlj, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Basically the best three....well I guess Liverpool don't believe that much in women football again.....:(:(

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I understand all 3 movements happened for personal reasons ( 2 of them to move closer to home and 1 rumoured transfer fee)

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Everton released Brooke Chaplen. A curious move as she has a lot of experience and it is not a money problem as Everton dont have players on big wages.

8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    SiberianThunderT repped this.
  9. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Interesting! I wonder if this means they have plans to increase the size of FA WSL 2 further down the road...

10. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Jennifer Beattie has left Montpellier (MHSC) to join Manchester City.

11. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    ... and Swedish Goalie of the year Lindhal goes to Chelsea... I am very surprised, since they took the excellent Christine Endler last season...

12. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Lindahl
    (I am no really sure why someone would grow flaxen in a valley but that is her name, "lin"=flaxen and "dahl" is an old form common in names of "dal"=valley)

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Consider I didn't even know what "flaxen" means...

I am surprised not only because of the fact that Chelsea has Christine Endler, but also because I can't believe Lindahl was GK of the year; quite all of the times I saw her play with Swedish NT, from 2011 WWC on, her performance looked abysmal to me... o_O

14. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #339 Smulan, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    I see that you think "lime tree-slippery" ("Lind" + "hal") would be weirder, even if those trees do excrete a sticky substance naturally. I agree. But the reason I could see for growing flax in a (river) valley for small-scale production is that it needs a steady supply of water for maximum growth. Traditionally, a body of water to wash/soak it in was also important. (Our neighbour in the countryside once offered us the use of his flax-soaking spot on the local river. He actually owned the rights to the spot for exactly that purpose. I suspect he inherited it.)

15. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Amen to the latter.

blissett repped this.
  16. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    #341 JanBalk, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    Well adjectives as "hal" is very rare except in old-military stile name and they pretty much never mixed two words since it make the name longer and less practical in combat (and in noble name but Lindahl is much to common sounding to be one of those). "Lind"+"Ahl" could possibly be the rots of her name since mixing two trees in a name is only rare, "Lind"=Small leaved Lime/Small leaved Linden and "Ahl" old spelling for "Al"=Alder.

Well enough with that, she is a very good GK at her best but a bit uneven and with a tendency for taking unneeded risks.

blissett repped this.
  17. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    After the moving story of homeless Fara Williams, another English tragic story and very good Guardian's article about the new gem, Fran Kirby : http://minilien.fr/a0ngjx

gricio61 repped this.