Post-match: FA Cup - Liverpool at Reading

Discussion in 'Reading FC' started by lestat2x, Jan 2, 2010.

1. lestat2x

lestat2x Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Good result to get the replay at Anfield. All they have to do is translate some of that play into Championship matches and we'll survive. Standout play from Gylfi, McAnuff & Karacan and a lot of other solid performances. Never let Liverpool get into their comfort zone.

2. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice Tie that replay will be a nice revenue boost for Mr Madjeski er um Readings coffers.

3. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jegkdgakfgra

AHHHH

4. fútbolgrande

fútbolgrande Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    next up: burnley

5. crooksy

crooksy New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Hell yeah!!!! I was there in 08 when they beat Liverpool last time in the premier league. Legends!!!!!! I actually live in Australia and they didn't have any coverage on TV over here so is there anywhere I can watch or download the match from.

6. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Congrats Reading! Great game, a FA Cup classic and Reading fully deserved.

Liverpool put on a full side and they definitley wanted this so much, it being the last realistic domestic title left for them this season.

But over the two and half games Reading arguably player better than Liverpool overall and deserved to go thru.

Good luck in the league. Lets hope this is a turning point for Reading. Knock on wood.

nice to see Federici playing so well taking over from Hanehmann, nice to see Ingimarsson and Long as well.

7. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    something i posted in a different thread

8. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek::eek:OMG

What a game! I haven't been this happy since we beat Liverpool 3-1 at the Mad Stad.;)

I'm wearing my Reading shirt for a week straight now.

urzzzzzzz

9. SlackerMacker

SlackerMacker Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Anyone check out the 79th minute solo from McAnuff? Pure brilliance from the man, if only he got the finish right, would've been goal of the year!!

10. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow Reading is now facing Aston Villa in the quarters. Glad I can finally watch a game on TV!

Looking forward to seeing that game at Nevada's @ 8:45am in NYC, I'm a bit conflicted though with Brad Guzan the likely keeper of that game.

11. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummer of a game. I really want to know that the coach said to Reading during half-time. That was a great example of non motivation! The defense collapsed.

On a good note, at Nevada's there were 6 Reading supporters in the bar. I didn't feel so lonely. Can't wait to see Reading on TV next year....

12. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    a total of 7 Reading supporters in a bar.

that must be some record.

on a more downbeat note...really thought Reading could see the match thru when they were up 2-0 at HT.

ONeil must have put something in the water at half time.

however after conceding 3 goals in 10mins or in the 2nd half, the Reading players did pick themselves up from the shell shock and slowly started gettign back into the game. In the last 20min of so Villa was beseiged. Then in injury time Carew cleverly held the ball in the box inviting the foul and got the pk.

13. Libertine1962

Libertine1962 Member

May 29, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anybody wants to relive that unbelievable night someone posted a tribute video on YouTube... :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFDbk6DH7YY"]YouTube- One Royal Night In Liverpool 13/01/2010[/ame]

14. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, hopefully, Reading will come back up and I can watch them on TV!

15. Libertine1962

Libertine1962 Member

May 29, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I loved their form the 2nd half of last season...I didn't want to see it end. They've managed to keep the team intact. Which is loaded with good young talent. Bertrand's loan was over and he had to be returned but they did get Williams and managed to get Griff back. I love the job McDermott did. Kebe and Gylfi really started to live up to their their potential. And Mills is really developing as a very good player. Plus of course their memorable FA Cup run. I hope Brian emulates what Ollie did up at Blackpool and gets them playing attacking football, I think they have the personnel to play that style...I think there is a realistic chance they could be back up in 2011-2012, and us being able to see them here in the States again. It is up to them (fingers crossed).

16. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome vid. I remember going nuts in the library while watching it on ESPN gamecast.;)

I really like the team going forward into this season. Sigs is amazing and McDermott has done a splendid job. I feel like they are going to make a top 6 finish with a big chance for promotion.

17. Libertine1962

Libertine1962 Member

May 29, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehehe...how many times did the librarian have to go "Shhhhhh!!!"? :D

I was in my store following the game, yelling and screaming...my customers thought I had lost my mind. ;)

Yeah I can't wait. And I forgot to add Noel is back too. Less than a minute after the last season ended I was already looking forward to 2010-2011. Less than a month til The Iron comes a visiting to get it all rolling...