FA Cup, 4th Round Draw

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    #1 Golara, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Draw just complete, Rio Ferdinand picked us out of the hat to play Newport County, who dumped Leeds United yesterday! We're heading to Wales and will have to be on our game, Rodney Parade is one of those old school grounds with a bad pitch and hostile atmosphere.

None of the big guns were drawn against each other. Here is the draw in full.

Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion

Peterborough v Fleetwood

Huddersfield v Birmingham

Notts County v Wolves/Swansea

Yeovil v Manchester United

Carlisle v Stevenage/Reading

Cardiff/Mansfield v Manchester City

MK Dons v Coventry

Millwall v Rochdale

Southampton v Watford

Middlesbrough v Brighton/Crystal Palace

Bournemouth v Wigan/Shrewsbury

Hull v Nottingham Forest

Newport County v Spurs

Norwich/Chelsea v Newcastle

Sheffield United v Preston

2. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where is Liverpool?

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Liverpool drew West Brom at Anfield - my cut & paste skills are declining with age...

Count Chocula repped this.
  4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Last time we went to Wales for an FA Cup tie was back in 2007 to play Cardiff at the old Ninian Park, which was one of the most hostile grounds back in the day. The Welsh don't take kindly to Londoners running around their towns mugging them off. We escaped with a 0-0 and walked the replay 4-0 back at WHL.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Never understood why managers field weakened sides in the Cup when they don't have any midweek games scheduled. The levels and professionalism of lower league clubs are so much higher these days that you cannot afford to take them lightly.

Poch learned his lesson from the Wycombe tie last year and kudos to him for fielding a strong side yesterday - we definitely needed it.

6. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think its OK to rotate some, but you just can't swap out 9 or 10 positions and expect to dominate, as most of those players coming in haven't played much together

7. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    these were among my first thoughts when I saw the draw. Apparently some of the lovable Leeds mob got a good kicking yesterday at Newport. Some mates at Wednesday were commenting that some of the Cardiff hooligans who'd been recently banned at City have started going to Newport. All hearsay, of course - I certainly don't know - but I could see this one getting a bit tastey. I mean, you can always find trouble if you look for it ... but I don't think ours will have to look hard at Newport.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Some memories of the friendly welcome we got at Ninian Park in 2007:

9. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Guardiola, Mourinho, Pochettino, Klopp and Wenger go to a pub. First Guardiola gets everyone a cocktail. Then Mourinho buys everyone a red wine. Pochettino goes next and gets a whisky for everyone. Then Klopp goes to the bar and comes back with 4 beers.

"Excusez-moi, Monsieur Klopp, but where is my beer?" asks Arsene.
    "Sorry mate, it's the 4th round, and you're not in it"

BalanceUT and Golara repped this.
  10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The tie, which will also be televised, has been confirmed for Saturday, January 27th at 5:30 pm UK time, 9:30 am Pacific, 12:30 pm Eastern.

I think I will honour the occasion with a proper full English breakfast in front of the telly...

11. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Breakfast means breakfast.

Golara repped this.