FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Gwladys Street, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Gwladys Street

Gwladys Street New Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Brighton & Hove Albion/Wrexham v Newcastle United
    Sunderland v Middlesbrough
    Dagenham & Redbridge/Millwall v Southampton
    Hull City v Crawley Town
    MK Dons/QPR v Chelsea
    West Bromwich Albion v Norwich City
    Blackpool v Sheffield Wednesday
    Arsenal/Leeds United v Aston Villa
    Stevenage v Notts County
    Watford v Tottenham Hotspur
    Liverpool v Manchester United
    Derby County v Stoke City
    Everton v Fulham
    Macclesfield Town/Bolton Wanderers v Swansea City
    Sheffield United v Birmingham City/Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nottingham Forest/Leicester City v Swindon Town

Ties to be played on the 28th and 29th of January

2. lplaksina

lplaksina Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Can't wait for this game !!!!!!!

3. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sigh... Fulham are sort of like Everton. To me anyway. Not in the bigs but above the smalls if that makes sense (tho if this season doesn't improve we wont be in that class). This is going to be a very tough game.

Didn't fulham get some investors? What have they done w that besides a terrible statue that is supposed to be Michael Jackson? I keep wondering how little investment Everton would need for Moyes to make a difference. I don't think that much! I think 20mill each window would be enough... Course I'd like a bit more, but if you just buy a trophy, where's the pride in that?

I hope we make a great run of this, but yeah, I think fulham will be tough

4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over the years Fulham has become my second favorite team in the EPL with their American contingent -- Clint Dempsey and before that Brian McBride and Carlos Bocanegra.

So I've mixed feelings about this match since one of my two favorite teams will be knocked out of the FA Cup.

Unfortunately, I suspect Fulham will win this match, with Everton in such a bad scoring slump and Dempsey playing so well.

5. Gwladys Street

Dec 17, 2011
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :eek:

You take that back.

6. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What is awesome about this for us USA fans is we could conceivably have 4 Americans for the game. 3 starting even.
    Howard, Donovan and Dempsey with Hanneman on the bench. I also have a soft spot for Fulham because of McBride.

Brian Mcbride...my trifecta. He played for the Columbus Crew, Everton and the US Mens Nat team. i couldn't ask for a better resume

7. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a soft spot for Fulham, too - but I'll go lay down 'til the feeling goes away.

COYB!!!!!

I am happy to see Dempsey do well, but not against Everton

8. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why? It's realistic to think that, based on how crap we are in comparison to teams who have even a little fund for new players that we are more than screwed. We are being surpassed by everyone and BK and the board have stripped efc of all it's assets save the players so what investor is *really* going to want to buy us?

He talks about being the biggest blue to assuage his conscience not because it's true .... "David will have the arteta funds in January" bullshit it's January and we have no funds and Moyes has said it all went to the bank way back.

It'll be a miracle if we aren't relegated either this season or next if everything at management level stays the same. I'm not a BK basher but I can see the truth of the facts of our club right now and it hurts. :(

9. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, there is a lot of truth in your post, Spider_kin. Top 6 clubs, and those that really want to be Top 6 clubs, are pulling away from Everton in terms of the revenues and resources game. I am well pleased with Moyes and the overall work rate of the players, I think they are a credit to the club. Unfortunately, we find ourselves getting outspent for the good talent (those few we even try for) and have to convert top players to cash since we cannot afford to keep them and improve the club.

This is a pattern that requires something drastic to change - and the most common way of doing that is (hopefully) finding new ownership with some serious coin available. Not that they're all hanging out at Goodison waiting to be invited in, but we need to find something.

10. Gwladys Street

Dec 17, 2011
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was a light hearted joke.

11. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was having a doom n gloom day.... But it's still all true :( oh wellllls!!!

Coyb

12. Gwladys Street

Dec 17, 2011
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No worries.

I can see how my comment was wrongly perceived.

13. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clint scores a hat trick in Fulham's 5-2 win over Newcastle.

Nice job, Clint! :)

But hopefully he cools off for Friday's match.

14. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah tomorrow - anybody going? (not me, I'm in Denver)

I am going to trundle down to the 3 Lions to watch....lunch and free wireless....I can work there!

15. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am SOOOO happy my prediction was wrong.

I was pleasantly surprised by our generally solid play today. It looks like our 2nd string defense is settling in nicely, and hopefully it will continue to improve over the next few weeks.