Fútbol Nicaragua II

Discussion in 'Central America' started by aguimarães, Jun 17, 2009.

1. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    19 Players called up for the Copa Centroamericana, not sure if this is the full list or he will call up another two players (but so far the changes he amde so far was incldue Manuel Rosas and Juan Barrera while dropping Esdras González, Norlan Cuadra, Derick Sequeira, Milton Zeledón)
    http://www.futbolnica.net/19-de-21-a-la-copa-centroamericana

2. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Today Nicaragua played a friendly against Honduran club Valencia (second division) and drew 2-2. Javier Dolmus and Dani Cadena scored the goals for nicaragua.

All I can say I think if Nicaragua don't lose by more then 3 goals in their games against Panama or Costa Rica (it should be considered a success). I know Illena was 'supposedly' preparing for the future, but come on Denis Espinoza is the most reliable keeper in Nicaragua and yet they left him out for Lorente in my opinion tird best keeper in nicaragua.

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Call me crazy but it seems either Llena, the federation, or both are already putting the pieces together and readying the excuses before the tournament even begins.

The tournament allows 21 players, they'd said they were only taking 19, now according to the official final list from UNCAF it seems they've only taken 17.

Llena stated at their final press conference before leaving Nicaragua that one of his players didn't get his visa and that that makes things difficult. But you'd think at that point, with only 17 players, you'd call in another player - ANY player - just to make the numbers. But i guess that's asking to much.

Also, he's been telling the press that all they need to qualify is one draw and that's his aim. Now unless he knows something we don't then he must be forgetting there is also 5th placed playoff with group B and another playoff with the CFU after that.

To make things worse he also stated that he's got a contract until mid 2015 and plans to stay at least until then - if not longer; to which the federation president stated he was very pleased with his work.

Can't help but feel bad for the fans and the players. He really is running them into the ground, and what makes it worse is that the federation is just letting it happen!

4. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Seriously I can name at least 15 players who could be called upon to play for Nicaragua: Carlos Chavarria, Raul leguis, Denis episponza, Axel Villanueva, Rudel Calero, Samuel Wilson, Felix Zeledon, Norlan Cuadra, salvador Garcia, Daniel Reyes, Milton Zeledon, list goes on and on.

I hope they get absoutely destroyed hopefully thats the wake up call needed for fans to demand the sacking of Ilena

5. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think the fans have been asking for that for awhile. From what i have been reading no one expects them to do anything in this tournament and the blame lies squarely on Llena. To bad all their complaints have been falling on deaf ears, because although they'd like to see him go it seems that regardless of the results in this tournament it's more than likely that Llena will be staying on.

6. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Costa Rica wins 3-0 over Nicaragua no real suprise there

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    La selección de Nicaragua perdió hoy en su debut en la Copa Centroamericana 2014 pero se va con grandes expectativas para el resto del torneo. El equipo del español Enrique Llena mostró un avance en comparación a ediciones anteriores del torneo y por momentos supo defender y atacar en bloque pero con poca efectividad...

Audio Link: Si pensaron que Costa Rica nos iba hacer seis están equivocados

8. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Llena to stay until 2022?

9. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Justo Lorente performance during concacaf champions league and Copa centromaamericana has sparked interest from Tuaro FC of Panama

10. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
  11. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Strong rumors coming out of Nicaragua, That the new president of football federation in Nicaragua Jacinto has managed to make a deal to end Enrique Llena contract and end his tenure as coach of the national team.
    I rate his Tenure a D (mainly due Nicaragua national team falling backwards in terms of progress in comparasion to the overall state of nicaragua football which has been improving).
    Candiatetes to replace him are rumored to be Otoneil Olivas or the under 17 coach Javier Londono (whether this is in a caretaker role or full time role remains to be seem).
    Question I ask should they hire one of these two? Should they hire one of the other coaches in Primera Division (Flavio da Silva or Robeeto Chanampa)? or Should they hire foreign coach (maybe a Colombian coach)?

12. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Correction Londono is colombian lol here is the article on Illena no longer coach of the national team
    http://www.laprensa.com.ni/2014/11/08/deportes/1384385-llena-no-continuara

13. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    FC Brugge 5-0 Westerlo with an Oscar Duarte goal

[​IMG]

14. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Javier Londono who is the current interim coach for Nicaragua has called up these list of player for the friendlty match against El Salvador

PORTEROS:
    Lesther Acevedo - Diriangén
    Justo Lorente Collado - Real Estelí

DEFENSAS:
    Jason Casco - Walter Ferretti
    Luis F. Copete - Walter Ferretti
    Francisco Paz - Real Estelí
    Josué Quijano - Walter Ferretti
    David Solórzano - Diriangén
    Alejandro Tapia - Walter Ferretti
    Erick Téllez - Diriangén

MEDIOS:
    Gerardo Arce - Walter Ferretti
    Daniel Cadena - Walter Ferretti
    Mario Cantillo - Juventus FC
    Carlos Chavarría- Real Estelí
    Marlon López - Managua FC
    Elmer Mejía - Real Estelí
    Luis Peralta - Diriangén
    Elvis Pinel - Real Estelí
    Manuel Rosas - Real Estelí

DELANTEROS:
    Juan Ramón Barrera - Real Estelí
    Javier Dolmus - Walter Ferretti
    Eulises Pavón - Diriangén
    Daniel Reyes - Walter Ferretti

15. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Here some of the candidates for the national team job

Gary Stempel (Panama) - won several titles with San Francisco FC in Panama, He has won the UNCAF title in 009, and did a great job with Guatemala under 17 side back in 2011

Jose Valladares (Honduras) helped win Walter Ferretti title back in 2009, also helped honduras team reach the quarterfinal in the under 17 world cup

Daniel Roberto Luengo (Argentina) coached pnathers fc

Enrique Duarte (Costa Rica)

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'd rather they not take Jose Valladares. A significant pay raise to keep him would be my first job if I was president of FENAFUTH. He's a very good coach.

17. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Totally agree Jose Valladares is a very strong coach, If Nicaragua gain him this will be the biggest coup in the national team history.

Also Walter Ferretti have been crowned Apertura champion after deafteing Real Esteli 1-0 over two legs

18. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Raúl Leguías and Luis Fernando Copete will be playing abroad in the primera division of Costa Rica with club side AS Puma

While rumors are Justo Collado could joining AS Puma as well, while Juan barrera has offers from colombia, Jason Casco has offer from El Salvador, Axel Villanuevo for a colombian club and ender rivas for a club in venezuela

External Links: http://www.futbolnica.net/nicas-a-costa-rica

19. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  20. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Henry Duarte is the new NT head coach

21. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nicaragua will start their campaign for 2018 world cup, Against Anguilla in a two game playoff (the first and second leg will be held between March 23-31 2015)
    If they win they will play in the second round against Suriname

22. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Sorry for the lack of updates been real busy with life, so things that happened since I have been gone

Nicaragua mens team played three friendlies in preparation for their qualifying matches against Anguilla.
    The results were:
    Costa Rica Under 23 team 2-2 Nicaragua (Goalscorer: Luis Fernando Copete and Juan Ramón Barrera)
    Belén FC (Costa Rica) 1-1 Nicaragua (Goalscorer:Luis Galeano)
    Selección Liga de Ascenso (Costa Rica) 0-1 Nicaragua (Goalscorer: Norfran Lazo)

Nicaragua also called named their squad to face anguilla
    Portero

Justo Lorente Collado
    Erling Méndez
    Dierich Téllez
    Defensores
    Alejandro Tapia
    Axel Silva Cabrera
    Cristhiam Guitierrez
    Erick Tellez Fonseca
    Francisco Paz
    Jason Casco
    Josue Quijano
    Manuel Rosa
    Luis Fernando Copete
    Mediocampistas
    Franklin López
    Elvis Pinel
    Luis Angel Peralta
    Medardo Martínez
    Marlon López
    Roberto Carlos Vanegas
    Norlan Cuadra
    Luis Manuel Galeano
    Delanteros
    Carlos Chavarria
    Javierd Dolmuz
    Juan Barrera
    Norfran Lazo
    Raul Leguías

Meanwhile in players abroad news, both Luis fernando Copete and Raul Leguías have played several games for AS Puma of Costa Rica Primera Division with the Leguias scoring two goals.

Massive news with Juan Barrera signing a deal with Austrian first division club Rheindorf Altach (He will be the first nicaraguan player to play in Europe).

Lastly in the domestic front Walter Ferretti remain undefeated and have 5 point gap between them and Real Esteli, if they finish first on the accumulate table then they will be the first nicaarguan club outside of Real Esteli to play in the Concacaf chanmpions league.

ChrizG13, NicaMexicano and ChaChaFut repped this.
  23. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see this thread about Futbol in Nicaragua - I try to keep up with my Nica futbol through twitter and I would be happy to post as well in regards to anything Nicaraguan.

Futbol is definitely on the rise and the "new" generation of "Chavalos" are definitely choosing futbol over beisbol.

I saw some news last week which I found interesting: Juan Barrera (Real Esteli) is moving to a 1st Divison Austrian team after the qualifying matches vs Anguilla.

http://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total/...icaraguense-que-jugara-europa-noticia-1796486

EvanJ repped this.
  24. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    ChrizG13 and MetroChile repped this.