Fútbol Nicaragua II

Discussion in 'Central America' started by aguimarães, Jun 17, 2009.

1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    La próxima Selección Nacional de Futbol sufrirá una severa transformación de jugadores. La lista de 25 preseleccionados que presentó ayer Enrique Llena para la Copa Centroamericana de Estados Unidos en septiembre no tiene a los dos jugadores más reconocidos de Nicaragua: el atacante Samuel Wilson y el portero Denis “El Pulpo” Espinoza...

Link: Enrique Llena llama a cuatro naturalizados

2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    So apparently only a couple of years ago they brought in a player playing in the German 8th tier (amateur level), so i guess it's ok to list this one too...

Joao Danglas - Defender - 20 - Union Furstenwalde (German 5th Division)

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be more specific, that's Saint Francis in Pennsylvania. The Northeast Conference has two schools named Saint Francis, one in Pennsylvania and the other in Brooklyn, New York.

4. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    List of 25 Players

Goalkeepers: Justo Llorente* (Real Estelí), Lester Acevedo (Diriangén FC), Esdras González (Juventus FC).

Defenders: Manuel Rosas* (Real Estelí), Donald Parrales (Walter Ferretti), Josué Quijano (Walter Ferretti), Jessie López (Walter Ferretti), Luis Copete (Walter Ferretti), Jason Casco (Walter Ferretti), Alejandro Tapia (Walter Ferretti), Erick Téllez (Diriangén FC), David Solórzano (Diriangén FC).

Midfielders: Jason Coronel (Diriangén FC), Marlon López (Managua FC), Medardo Martínez (Walter Ferretti), Walmer Otero (-), Elmer Mejía* (Real Estelí), Norlan Cuadra (Juventus FC), Elvis Figueroa* (Real Estelí), Lesther Jarquín (Juventus FC), Juan Barrera* (Real Estelí), Derick Sequeira** (Toronto FC Academy).

Forwards: Eulises Pavón (Diriangén FC), Daniel Cadena (Walter Ferretti), Javier Dolmus (Walter Ferretti), Milton Zeledón (ART Jalapa).

Shock Omission

Denis Espinoza (second most capped player in antional team history and been outstanding in the domestic league), Three great strikers Samuel Wilson, Raul Leguias and Rudel Calero (Although they are rebuilding for the future I truly believed they needed at least one of them).
    Another shocing omission was Axel Villanueva who been so strong in all international games he has played for nicaragua although his lack of minutes at Tauro FC didnt help his case.

D.C. UNITED repped this.
  5. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hopefully this team does well. It be great to see them make the Gold Cup again!

If they don't make it though, hopefully that will bring an end to the Llena era in Nicaragua.

6. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Round 2 results
    Real Esteli 4-1 ART Jalapa
    Walter Ferretti 2-0 UNAN Managua
    Ocotal 2-2 Juventus Managu
    Fox Villa 0-2 Managua
    Diriangen 1-3 Real Madriz

Real Esteli and Walter Ferretti once again look like the teams to beat simply outclassing their opponents, Walter Ferretti would have won by more had it not be for the heroics of UNAN Managua Italian keeper Giancmo ratto.
    Meanwhile Ocotal blew a 2 goal lead by letting juventus score two goals in the lasy 10 minutes of the game. It looks like newly promoted Fox Villa are going to have a tough season they are clearly out their depth here, Managua rae comin along nicely very workman like i see them making the semis though lets see if they can finally break that hoodoo and rogress to the final. Lastly Diriangen (the twenty six times champs_ have been so poor they are in second last spot and their coach has resigned after twp straigt losses looks like argentian Roberto Chanampe might take over the reigns.

D.C. UNITED repped this.
  7. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Nicaragua might have a friendly against Guatemala on the 14th of August

as one source quoted;
    El portavoz de la Federación Nacional de Fútbol guatemalteca, Alex Argueta, dijo que el juego está previsto para el próximo 14 de agosto. “El encuentro sí va pero todavía no se ha definido el estadio ni la hora”, aseguró

I will always include any Nicaragua women players playing abroad

Ana Cate (currently plays for Durnham)

D.C. UNITED repped this.
  8. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    #258 BKR inC, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Concacaf Champiosn League action

Real Esteli 1-1 Saprissa

the goal by Real esteli was a great goal and were very unlucky not to be leadign 2-0 at halftime but saprissa came back and were able to steal a point away.

D.C. UNITED repped this.
  9. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I was able to watch the first half and a little of the second. Great goal by Esteli! They had a few more chances to score - as did Saprissa - but they just couldn't get it done. Good games though! Fantastic turnout! Great atmosphere!

10. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Round 3
    Juventus 0-3 Walter Ferretti
    UNAN 1-0 Fox Villa
    Managua 1-2 ART Jalapa
    Ocotal 1-0 Diriangen
    Real Madriz 0-2 Real Esteli

Walter Ferretti and Real Esteli are dominitating the competition, ART Jalapa stunned Managua in a fast paced match, while powerhouse team Diriangen are really struggling no wins and struggling to score goals

D.C. UNITED repped this.
  11. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Guatemala golea a Nicaragua en amistoso...

12. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Surely Llena must now be at the end of his rope. By the sounds of it he played ultra defensive and the fans don't like it. If/when Nicaragua fail to qualify for the Gold Cup hopefully the Nicaraguan federation finally put an end to his reign as coach and bring back Olivas who should never have been removed in the first place!

13. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    That was one of the bonehead decision by the federation sacking Olivas and hiring Llena a coach with no real achievement (signed him because he was spanish).
    It was horrible, the players selected are more renowned for attacking formations and yet he played with 5 defenders and 1 striker.
    The foreign players were pretty good (Cadena did the best he could do being the lone striker, Mejia wasn't flashy toiled at his role and Copete was a decent addition to the backline).
    One thing Lorente is defintley not best keeper in nicaragua and Soloranzo is past it he was the weakest link.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Man both those teams blow hard. Shouldnt be a tough task to down them both with B-Teams.

15. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Better quality highlights...

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea those were infantile errors on the Pinoleros fault. Crazy part is that Guate didnt look good either.

17. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Same can be said for Roca... Llena at least had coaching experience before he was brought in. That said the only positive thing he has done since coming in is take the U20's to the CONCACAF Championship last cycle. According to FIFA he's managed the seniors in 19 matches since 2010, of those he's lost 11, drawn 4 and won 4 (2 against Dominica and 2 against Puerto Rico). That's a win/loss record of 21% - or 32% depending on how you look at it - either way that's really horrible numbers. If he doesn't get let go after CC then something is defiantly going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

18. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Extended highlights from the Guatemala match...

19. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Yeap I was the one that was highly skeptical of his signing but so far his doing an alright job (I have been proven wrong before with Ruben Israel who got el salvador playing some good football and Joseph Gombau in the A league).
    Very horrible numbers, escepially since Olivas numbers were in the high 40s. I also blame the federation for hiring the coach for such a long term contract, and in 3 years they have only managed two friendlies tahts disgraceful.

20. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Actually Olivas' record - according to FIFA - was worse (17% or 33% if you count his draws as .5 win and .5 loss).

That said, he did get them to the Gold Cup - for the first time ever - and is the most successful coach in the league which in itself was enough to warrant him staying on for longer but unfortunately the Nicaraguan federation had other ideas.

Initially they only signed him up until the 2011 Gold Cup; i guess in the hopes that he would qualify the team and have a better showing than Olivas did in 2009. Problem is they didn't qualify. And honestly that should have been the end of it; but for whatever reason they decided to keep him on. Maybe the fact that he is now the coach of all their national teams has something to do with it i don't know.

21. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Enrique Llena duda de continuar con la Selección si no clasifica a la Copa de Oro...

22. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Jesus he got offers from EL salvador :O we dodged a bullet there lol But seriously what were the goals of the federation were when they hired him, I assume all goal was to quality to the gold cup and reach the hex of the world (being realistic for Nicaragua) yet they haven't reached either and never looked like making either one

23. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I highly doubt that! I wouldn't be surprised if he approached us, but i doubt very much that we would have perused him. I also doubt he has anything lined up outside of Nicaragua. He gives off a really fake vibe, so i wouldn't be surprised to see him talking things up just to save face and act like he's this well regarded coach who is being sought after by various clubs/federations.

His days are numbered that's for sure; and i'd be surprised to see him get another job anytime soon after he leaving Nicaragua.

24. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Round 4 Results
    Diriangen fc 3-1 Fox Villa
    UNAN 0-0 Juventus
    Managua 3-2 Real Madriz
    Ocotal 2-1 ART Jalapa
    walter feretti - Real Esteli (Reprogrammed for a later date)

Concacaf Champions League result

Real Esteli 1-1 Sporting Kansas City