Fútbol Nicaragua II

Discussion in 'Central America' started by aguimarães, Jun 17, 2009.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    brentgoulet repped this.
  2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

...i strongly echo the concerns of the reporter in regards to Cadena being eligible to play! When his nationalization was first mentioned a few months ago i actually sent him a twitter regarding this. Hopefully FENIFUT does their homework and make sure they are working within FIFA regulations before calling him up to the national team!

3. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Its possible now that Nicaragua might have almost half their national team made up f players being nationalised from the top of my head i can think of Dani Cadena (Spain-Nicaragua), Copete (Colombia-Nicaragua), Manual Rosas (Mexican-Niacaragua), Raul Leguias (Panama-Nicaragua) ..thats just from the top of my head.
    What worries me how much Nicaragua has fallen backward since their achievement of reaching the gold cup back in 2009.
    Personally I blame the coach whose pedigree (coaching third division clubs in spain) to begin with wasn't that impressive, he nationalising alot of players instead selecting youth or in form players (I saw several that have real potential such as Luis Manuel Galeano, Carlos Chavarria, Milton Zeledon, Xavier Dolmus). Also six foreign players are allowed in each squad in nicaragua...so let taht sink in how many opportuntiy that allows for nicaraguan football players to gain any playing time.

4. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    brentgoulet repped this.
  5. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    They did manage to qualify for the U20 CONCACAF Championship a couple of years back. First time they've made it since 96 and possibly the first time they've qualified in their history. I may be wrong but i believe in previous editions they had been given automatic qualification. So that's something!

It was really disappointing to see them not qualify for Gold Cup 2013 though and more so the fact that they have not played an international match since Copa Centroamericana in January of last year and won't play until this years edition where they face Costa Rica and Panama in the group stage.

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Correct, born in Nicaragua out of nicaraguan parents, but he moved to Costa rica when he still was a kid

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    That Seems to be the norm these days with Nicas. Tons of inmigrantes legal and ilegal in CR.

8. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    as we say in dominican ''por una mejoria hasta su casa dejaria'' ;)

9. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Under 20 news Nicaragua were absoutleyd emolsihed by Panama 5-0, another interesting note their senoir national team coach Enrique Illena also coaches the under 20 side
    I believe if Nicaragua don't put a decent showing in the copa centroamericana he should be sacked and replaced wit either the best national coach in the league Olivas Otoneil or replace with a foreign coach with decent pedigree I mean I am sure there are some decent costa rican, colombian or uruguayan coaches.
    External links:

Meanwhile Real Esteli defeated Aguila 1-0 in international friendly
    External Links: http://www.futbolnica.net/real-esteli-vence-al-cd-aguila-en-amistoso-internacional

10. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Under 20 Nicaragua recent results

A victory over Belize 4-0
    A loss against Costa Rica 0-2
    A loss against El Salvador 1-7

They have two games remaining Honduras and Guatemala (they still have a chance of qualifying however realistically their goal difference will make it less likely).

Most of the criticism is headed towards the national team and under 20 coach Enrique Illena with some saying his
    coaching is sending Nicaragua football backwards (this is one of the most popular pictures making the round on the social network).
    Enrique Illena.jpg

Attached Files:

11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    gol de Oscar Duarte en la Liga Belga

[​IMG]

12. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    League News
    Round 1 Results

Juventus Managua 5-2 Fox Villa
    Real Esteli FC 3-1 Ocotal
    ART Jalapa 2-0 Diriangen FC
    Walter Ferretti 3-0 Real Madriz
    Managua FC 2-1 UNAN Managua

Does anyone know any Nicaraguan players or players with Nicaraguan parents who haven't represented any other country in international level playing abroad.
    would like to keep an eye out on them and update you how their going.

The only ones I could think were Axel Villanuevo at Tauro (Panama) and raul Leguias Cerro Lagos (Uruguay) but I think both have returned back to play in Nicaragua with Walter Ferretti.

13. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah they're both already capped. Would be interesting to research players unknown to the Nicaraguan federation; players who could be useful additions to the national team.

14. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Yeah likewise and my bad forgot to add a separate list of players that have played for the national team and who have played abraod (which axel Villanueva and Raul Leguias come under)

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    If I remember correctly there was a Nicaraguan-Swede within the Juve primavera team a couple years ago, idk where he is now.

16. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    [​IMG]

Carlos Garcia - Defender - 21 - Now with Parma FC (currently loaned at Jonkopings Sodra IF - Swedish 2nd Division)

It's promising to see him with the Nicaraguan flag! Although he's played for Sweden at junior level, maybe he'd be interested in making the switch.

Edit: In this article - from Nicaragua published in 2010 - they state that he can not play for Nicaragua; it doesn't list a reason why though.

17. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    #242 el_cuscatleco, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Thibault Balp - Defender - 24 - AS Valence (French 4th Division)

There are a few others here and there who play in Europe, but most are in divisions lower than 4th tier so i won't bother listing them.

18. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    All these appear to have retired since we listed them back in 2009.

19. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Is now Assistant Technical Director and Development Director at Weston FC (US Soccer Development Academy member).

20. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    I am suprised their are not many players playing in the costa rican leagues especially in the lower division

21. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    #246 el_cuscatleco, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Andres Vega - Midfielder - 20 - Saint Francis University (NCAA Division 1)
    Alvaro Pichardo - Foward - 20 - Cleveland State University (NCAA Division 1)

22. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's just a matter of time before he gets a senior capped with Australia but there is also...

Mustafa Amini - Midfielder - 21 - Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

23. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Another player to add to the list is Derick Sequeira Toronto FC Academy player whose dad is Nicaraguan.
    Although he got called to represent Canada at under 17 world cup in Dubai back in 2013.

24. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    #249 el_cuscatleco, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    Interesting to note he represented Nicaragua U17 in the UNCAF Championship qualifiers and then went on to represent Canada in the Championship itself - Nicaragua didn't make it. Canada then made it through to the World Cup and although he was on a shortlist of 24 players to go, he didn't make the final cut of 21.

It was reported yesterday though, that he has decided to play for Nicaragua; i assume he want's to play in the Copa Centroamericana next month. Be interesting to see if they call him up.

25. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nicholas Zuniga - Foward - 20 - University of Conneticut (NCAA Division 1)
    Jake Zuniga - Midfielder - 21 - Fairfield University (NCAA Divison 1)