Eye surgery

Discussion in 'Referee' started by voiceoflg, Jan 28, 2017.

1. threeputzzz

threeputzzz Member+

May 27, 2009
    Minnesota
    I had more issues with fog on the inside than water on the outside this season - fixed with this stuff:
    cc.jpg

2. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I go under the knife Wednesday for my right eye and in two weeks for my left eye. Thanks, all, for the advice and encouragement.

3. Doug the Ref

Doug the Ref Member

Dec 6, 2005
    St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prayers & best of success for you.

4. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about for the surgeon ;)

Doug the Ref repped this.
  5. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I hope they don't need it. :whistling:

cmonref and voiceoflg repped this.
  6. HoustonRef

HoustonRef Member

May 23, 2009
    They can always have prayers for them.

voiceoflg repped this.
  7. JeffG

JeffG Member

Mar 9, 2005
    MN, USA
    Hoping the procedure went well.
    Update? You've got us all on pins and needles!

8. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    The surgery itself was terrifying. But I have an irrational fear of anything being that close to my eyes. Seeing the blade enter the right side of my right eye was tough. Thankfully the doctor gave me a second shot of sedative and had my arms strapped down.

But it was quick and painless. I am amazed how bright everything is using my right eye compared with the left. My teeth aren't as yellow as I thought they were.

The doctor couldn't fix the astigmatism. They don't make Toric lenses strong enough, I guess. So I will still need glasses, but only because I am still astigmatized.

With that in mind, when I get my other eye done, it will be interesting working for the four weeks after that. The doc said he can't get my prescription for my new glasses until four weeks after my other eye is done. My full-time job will have to look at a fuzzy monitor. And it looks like mid-May before I can get on the pitch again. Hopefully by the Georgia Academy Cup.

Law5, Doug the Ref, JeffG and 1 other person repped this.
  9. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    The second eye surgery was done Wednesday. My vision with glasses was 20/50. After the operations my vision without glasses is 20/40. The doc said it could still improve as my eyes heal. In four weeks I get glasses to sharpen the vision. I think I still have a gallon of eye drops to go.

[​IMG]

10. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Congrats. Gives you that HAL 9000 look.

Mine is progressing. My vision went from 20/60 corrected to 20/30 with the new glasses in that eye, supposedly still getting better.

One side effect is that my eye is still a bit dialated after 2 months, so it's sunglasses anytime I'm outside.

frankieboylampard and voiceoflg repped this.