Expect Galaxy News Today

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Lazy Assed Assassin, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015

Can't bring players in … please don't be Zardes.

2. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Relocating to Saint Louis?

TrickHog repped this.
  3. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Especially after finding out that the HG exemption continues for the next contract.

You'd think French would want to break the story and not just tease it.

4. OC Galaxy Fans

Jul 30, 2009
    Placentia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this when I woke up this morning, and it made me more nervous than excited. If its Zardes, I hope its a loan and not a sale.

Berks repped this.
  5. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA will become the first team to be run independently of MLS.

I can dream, right?

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  6. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  7. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    If it was Zardes leaving, it typically wouldn't be the kind of news the Galaxy could announce or could exclusively announce and give a tip to one of its beat reporters that it was coming. The inbound team would have more of a say on the announcement. They could exclusively announce something marketing or development related such as a sponsorship, media deal, or development academy expansion. If it's player-related, it might be a re-signing. All of the noise surrounding Zardes might just have been about his agent drumming up/gauging interest abroad as part of the negotiations for a new HG contract with the Galaxy. The other possibility is a retirement. Dunivant is certainly a candidate for that.

8. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That's what I was thinking/hoping. Dunivant sounds plausible too.

9. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Landon un-retiring.

hav77, TrickHog, Berks and 2 others repped this.
  10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    For free. No cap hit. Will wear Don Ovan kit.

rokstedy, Hushx, ragbone and 11 others repped this.
  11. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    TrickHog, 73Bruin and Baysider repped this.
  12. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We're giving up Juninho, Omar and Zardes to make space for Sacha Kljestan.

Skevin, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  13. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    MLS announces a new “BEST DP EVER” mechanism that allows the team with the current best DP ever to move him completely off-budget.

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  14. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Gold Star for Benny.

TrickHog, Berks and Benny Dargle repped this.
  17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Hey so if LA wins MLS Cup this year Dunny will join Landon as the only players with 6 MLS Cup rings

TrickHog, Bilgediver and Berks repped this.
  18. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    So I guess only those few students who are accepted at the Ivy's, Stanford and some of the UC's are entitled to a college education? The objective of the Cal States is to provide a vehicle for students in the top third of high school graduates plus JC transfers in good standing, to get a college degree. So in that sense its no different from SDSU, CSULB or any of the others. The Cal States also have a strong regional orientation, so the vast majority of CSUDH kids come from the surrounding area; an area not know for outstanding schools. Please remember that not all kids attend schools that prepare kids for college or have parents wealthy enough to pay for SAT prep classes. Finally it is also a school that for a long time, perhaps still, was focused almost entirely on offering working adults a vehicle for getting a college degree with far more night students then day students (the reason parking is limited).

19. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Todd for a great career. He's another that I could see going into coaching.

hav77, Bilgediver and skydog repped this.
  20. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Todd Dunivant won more MLS Cups than New Jersey, Dallas, Montreal, Philly, Portland, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, Columbus, Salt Lake, Colorado, San Jose, Orlando and New York and Chicago combined. He’s won the same number of MLS Cups New England have lost. Todd has 5 more MLS Cup rings than LAFC has fans.

Hushx, ragbone, hav77 and 8 others repped this.
  21. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Given that Columbus, RSL, Colorado, and Chicago have 1 each, I guess you are allocating the 2 cups San Jose won, to Houston? Officially San Jose won in 2001 (with LD) and 2003 (with LD and TD). In either case, its a pretty significant record for any one player.

22. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, its Todd. Thank you Todd!

23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Dammit, skip San Jose

24. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SAT prep classes are ubiquitous at schools in Southern California. As a public school student from LA county who took one of those free classes, I can attest to them. Moreover, self-study is completely possible. Ask Asian kids whose parents are immigrants.

In any event, I believe far too many students attend college in this country, and far too many of those that attend obtain useless degrees. If you can't crack 900 on the SAT, you probably can't appreciate the finer points of Yeats, or of political theory. Most students at those schools should focus on gaining skills transferrable to the job market. they'd be better served taking excel or computer programming workshops than obtaining some useless sociology degree. I grew up very close to CSUDH, and the students attending that place are generally not setting the world on fire.

Perhaps if schools such as CSUDH only offered degrees in fields with useful applications I would reconsider.

25. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks Todd!

Now is his cap hit high enough to allow us to keep Omar in the "Designated Los Angeles Galaxy Player" slot? Does anyone recall the details from when Head ACB Capo, Don Garber announced the rule change?