Ex-River Platenses (Former Players)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, May 29, 2012.

1. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Funes Mori scores for Everton against Manchester City. I have been pleasently at how fast he he been adapting to the Premier League.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Carlos Sanchez is completely tearing it up in Mexico... he is Monterrey's topscorer (along with another ex-River, Rogelio Funes Mori) with 7 goals in league play. He also leads the entire league in assists (7 total).

His numbers since leaving River: 16 games -- 7 goals -- 7 assists

Pretty damn impressive, especially since he got to it right away without needing a period of adaptation. We sure could use him on Wednesday :(

Ron Mexico repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Ledesma is announcing his retirement...

[​IMG]

GRANDE LOBO! Gracias x todo

Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lanzini scored a penalty for West Ham in 4-2 loss. I think they are going to be fighting relegation at this rate. I would rather Lanzini play in Spain or Italy then England.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What ever happened to Lucas Ocampos?

6. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He got squeezed out at Monaco. He fell out of favour at Marseille when Bielsa left and now he is on loan at Genoa and they have an option to buy him permenantly at the end of the season.

locoxriver repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right... but is he playing in Genoa? If so, hows he doing?

8. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He was a starter but the last match he came on as a substitute. I have not watched any Genoa matches so far. The one against Fiorentina got abandoned so they have only played three games.

locoxriver repped this.
  9. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lucas Ocampos got injured against Pescara but his strike partner Giovanni Simeone scored his debut goal. Congratulations to him.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2 key goals from Gio Simeone today to give Genoa a vital 3-1 victory vs Serie A league leaders Juventus

Cholito has scored 4 goals since moving to Europe

Ron Mexico repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Meanwhile, in Mexico...

IMG_5152.JPG
    Volve trapito

Ron Mexico repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    feliz cumple crackkk

Ron Mexico and RiverGaucho repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No seas malo loco... Feliz cumple a los dos :sneaky:

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lucho Gonzalez not only scored the goal that qualified Atletico Paranaense for the Copa Libertadores last week, but he also opened the scoring for them tonight against la U Catolica in the first group stage match. Lucho was not very good at River, he was not as bad as many thought, but he is playing at a whole new level for the Brazilian outfit, not just scoring the goals, but he is the hub of the action.

In the same match, Buonanotte played very well and added the assist that tied the game 2-2.

Not sure if either of these two guys would fit in at River right now, but I'm glad for both to do well.

Lucho we know wasn't ideal for River, but if he were 3 or 4 years younger he'd be ideal for River, but sadly, I think the speed and intensity of Argentine football is too great for him and the slower pace in brazil will help him out.

15. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ocampos and Higuain both played in Juventus-Milan match. Vangioni came on as a late substitution for Ocampos. Higuain had two good chances to score and fluffed them. Overall a poor match for him. Ocampos had to mostly defend against waves of Juventus attacks. Did not show much attacking threat at all. Vangioni came too late to make a judgement.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    JUVE JUVE VAFFANCULO

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you muslim? Or what is the scripture at the bottom of you post?

18. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No I am not a Muslim.

That quote is from the Book of Chilam Balam of the Chumayel. The Chilam Balam was a great priest of the Maya who wrote books about certain subjects. When the Spanish arrived they suppressed the Mayan culture and religion so it is very difficult to know what the books say.

Some people on this messageboard think they are clever with the things they write in their signitures so I copied that famous line from the Book of Chilam Balam to mock them. It sounds clever when it reality it does not make much sense at all to most people.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well I am glad to read this. Grande River. Grande Lazio. I got nervous second, thinking the worst

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to the Italian press, Genoa turned down an 18 million euro (!!) offer from Atletico Madrid for Gio Simeone. The Italians want at least 25M. :eek:

Ron Mexico and RiverGaucho repped this.
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thats complete madness. Though his dad clearly wants to get his son and his agent rich (I'd assume they have the same agent) and the commission on that would be really high

On another note, perhaps we should call this "Ex River" since there are many ex River still playing in Argentina. I thought I'd mention that Teo had two really nice assists last night and looks to be getting back to his best form. I've said it before and I'll maintain it, if Alario leaves, the only realistic target out there I'd want to come in his Teo, despite all his boludeces he has the quality and most of all he knows how to handle the pressure of River.

balazsriver10 and locoxriver repped this.
  22. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Higuain missed two golden opportunities with only the goalkeeper to beat against Barcelona. Luckily Dybala was clinical with two goals. Mascherano allowed Chiellini to out-jump him on the third goal in a 3-0 win for Juventus. Not good for former River players.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #148 RiverGaucho, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    I think I speak for most River fans when I saw that I'm not concerned with Mascherano at all. Between the way he treated River fans and celebrating goals back in the Club World Cup Final and the way he's been sabotaging the national team for years now, I'm actually glad he lost (I hate Juventus but today I wanted them to win) and I don't want him back at River ever. I prefer Ponzio any day. In the history of River, Mascherano is nobody, he played what, 50-60 games? Merlo, Gallego, Astrada, Almeyda, Ponzio, Kranevitter all day before Mascherano. If you go onto the forum at turiver.com you will see in Mascherano's thread its nothing but people cussing him out.

As for Higuain, I feel bad for him. I didn't like how he ditched Napoli for Juventus, but he does seem to be like a nice guy, and he can't help but choke time and again in big matches. He's always going to score for fun against the likes of Chievo and Pescara, but in big games he just chokes. He's not a 90 million euro player, but Juve paid that for him so he's got the pressure of the price tag

SupaMario repped this.
  24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    These are some of the most recent posts about Mascherano from River fans:

01-04-2017, 03:42#4201Kira

Andate a la puta que te parió, mercenario de mierda.

01-04-2017, 23:39#4208Enemisconick

El tipo que idolatra a mascherano, no es hincha de River, es un logi bárbaro, hincha del barcelona.

01-04-2017, 04:22#4207Solaris717

A Higuain y Masherano me canse de putearlos pero lo hacia hace 5 años, ahora ya son fiambres.

Higuain puede andar si vuelve rápido, a Masherano le va pasar como Gaby Milito.

02-04-2017, 05:14#4209Antonio_Carp98

Era mi ídolo... pero lo del 2015 lo mato, las careteadas de buen ciudadano y jefazo ladrador me cansaron aún mas y para colmo hoy en día ni puede levantar las patitas en el medio, me genera repulsión verlo al caniche nervioso este en la selección. Y no se soluciona como lo de D'ale.. el tiene cálidad y dentro de todo una buena "excusa" y lo demostro, este si vuelve va a ser un almeyda 2.0 (y estoy siendo generoso). No lo juzgo por levantarla en pala en el farza pero que desaparezca de River, Desaparezca de la selección y nadie mas en su puta vida se va a acordar de el.

02-04-2017, 07:03#4210EDS98deMaya

CAGÓN HIJO DE PUTA

03-04-2017, 02:37#4212nico_riverplatense

Tengo un champagne guardado especialmente para cuando anuncien que te fuiste de la selección PELADO HIJO DE PUTA

05-04-2017, 18:57#4214Chizzo

Malalecherano hijo de puta

05-04-2017, 21:15#4216Ramonero

La película de mercerano próximamente en las mejores salas

[​IMG]

hoy, 20:04#4217Nahueee

Cada tanto hay que marcar a alguien.

25. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That was bad from Mascherano at the Club World Cup. I think he played less than 50 games. He was here only 2 years in the first team. Longer if you include the youth team. Unfortunately he got his registration sold to MSI. I do not know how he has been sabotaging the National Team though. I do know he does not like Icardi but then again I think no one does.

Higuain left Napoli because he did not get along with the President who called him overweight for example. Also Higuain said the President was going to invest in the team but he did not do enough for Higuain.